PolarPro ND16 filter on a sunny day
12Next >
2225 40 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

[size=14.6667px]I added music to this video but didn't do any color editing. How does it look with the ND16 filter?

[size=14.6667px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbyMoxOPrQ&feature=youtu.be
[size=14.6667px]

[backcolor=rgba(28, 28, 28, 0.8)]

2016-4-6
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-6 11:05
alright video there,
I am just looking at the horizon out of level ... it's all tilted left down, di ...

I'm pretty sure that's just the landscape. If you look when I get down low to the ground it's level and yes I calibrated the gimbal, IMU, and the compass.  Here's another video where I went 2 miles out:

2016-4-6
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-6
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

What's the resolution and rate?
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

P mode and the res is 4K 24fps.
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-6 12:25
were you flying this one in P mode or S mode ? , it still seems like the horizon is off at times.. ...

MIne is a Phantom 3, so there is no S mode.

2016-4-6
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

@wheeliesteve - have to say, your horizon definitely looks out of whack.
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

mrbillgill1 Posted at 2016-4-6 14:44
@wheeliesteve - have to say, your horizon definitely looks out of whack.

I'll have to do another quick flight behind my house and post it and see what you think. If it is off, what should I do? I was going to fly it at lunch but it's too windy here.

2016-4-6
Use props
richbeavers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083625 ft
United States

Two miles out for a P3, Wow
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-6 14:48
I'll have to do another quick flight behind my house and post it and see what you think. If it is  ...

How does the horizon look on this one? This is one I did behind my house before I sent it in to get the shells replaced by DJI a couple of weeks ago.

2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Here's one I did at the same location as the one you think the horizon is off on and I did this one before it was sent to DJI for repair. It looks the same to me.

2016-4-6
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-6 15:56
How does the horizon look on this one? This is one I did behind my house before I sent it in to get ...

is this video using an ND16? it says ND8 at the top...I just bought an ND16, im still waiting for it to be delivered. your horizon is definitely out of whack, but the lighting looks great with the ND16.
2016-4-6
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

They are FAR from the same.  Of the two above, the first is pretty level, but the second is well off of level.  Never did see a link to your first video on the opening post.  The second one had to be muted to get rid of the crap audio that was with it.  Certainly not appropriate for this sort of video.
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-6 13:51
is this video using an ND16? it says ND8 at the top...I just bought an ND16, im still waiting for  ...

That video was using an ND8, Just experimenting to see how they affect it.
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-4-6 15:05
They are FAR from the same.  Of the two above, the first is pretty level, but the second is well off ...

Sorry you had to go through the trouble of making an extra click to mute it.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Great landscape. But as for the horizontal issue, you can try to adjust the gimbal roll in gimbal settings if you have done the IMU and gimbal calibration.
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

I recalibrated the IMU and gimbal and shot this video today after work.

2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-6 20:54
Great landscape. But as for the horizontal issue, you can try to adjust the gimbal roll in gimbal se ...

From my understanding, if you adjust the gimbal roll, it goes back to the way it was after it's shut off and restarted.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-7 12:01
From my understanding, if you adjust the gimbal roll, it goes back to the way it was after it's sh ...

Yes it is and normally the horizontal view will be ok after IMU and gimbal calibration (1 or several times). If  the calibration doesn't fix, please contact our NA office as below:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-6 21:07
Yes it is and normally the horizontal view will be ok after IMU and gimbal calibration (1 or sever ...

Okay, I'll calibrate a few more times and see if makes any difference.
2016-4-6
Use props
Raincheck
lvl.1

Ireland

"How does the horizon look on this one? This is one I did behind my house before I sent it in to get the shells replaced by DJI a couple of weeks ago."

Hi can I ask what you had to pay for the shell replacement (bottom & top?) because I will need a shell replacement but DJI can't or will not give me an estimate!
Thanks,
Rain
2016-4-6
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Raincheck Posted at 2016-4-6 23:21
"How does the horizon look on this one? This is one I did behind my house before I sent it in to get ...

It was covered under warranty.
2016-4-7
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-6 23:07
Yes it is and normally the horizontal view will be ok after IMU and gimbal calibration (1 or sever ...

DJI-Paladin, how does the video look I posted last in #18? I shot that after re-calibrating the IMU and gimbal yesterday. Doesn't it look better?

Thanks,
Steve
2016-4-7
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-6 12:20
I'm pretty sure that's just the landscape. If you look when I get down low to the ground it's leve ...

In post production I would raise the contrast and saturation a bit
2016-4-7
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Okay, i updated the firmware to 1.8, calibrated the IMU and gimbal again. How is this? It seems to me it changes where it's off on one side then it changes to the other. Don't know what to think.

2016-4-7
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Seems that I'm not the only one having the same issue after looking at some posts on the pilots forum.

2016-4-7
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-4-7
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-4-7 16:17
I have the same problem, it wonders all over... even when I manually adjust it it still goes off

So is it covered by warranty?
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-8 00:37
DJI-Paladin, how does the video look I posted last in #18? I shot that after re-calibrating the IM ...

It looks better but I can still feel the issue. Sorry for that and I'd suggest you to contact our NA office as above.
2016-4-7
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-7 20:05
It looks better but I can still feel the issue. Sorry for that and I'd suggest you to contact our  ...

I emailed them and they opened a ticket # 279780. I sent a few screen shots with the email showing the horizon being off and explained it changes sometimes during  flight. So, waiting to hear back from them now. Thanks for your assistance.
2016-4-8
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-7 18:05
It looks better but I can still feel the issue. Sorry for that and I'd suggest you to contact our  ...

They RMA'd it and I shipped it off today. Hopefully they will actually replace something that needs fixed.
2016-4-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-10 10:45
They RMA'd it and I shipped it off today. Hopefully they will actually replace something that need ...

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-4-10
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-10 18:49

They can't actually see the problem without flying it and looking at the video. I took some screen shots showing the horizon tilted and explaining the problem and sent with it. Hopefully they will read it and not just calibrate the IMU and Gimbal as that fixes it until you fly it. I inlcuded a letter explaining all that to them.
2016-4-10
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Croatia

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-11 05:33
They can't actually see the problem without flying it and looking at the video. I took some screen  ...

When you do the calibration make sure the phantom is on a level surface. Don't eyeball it or assume but use a level to make sure. Most of the time that solves the problem
2016-4-11
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

phantom-four.co Posted at 2016-4-11 14:21
When you do the calibration make sure the phantom is on a level surface. Don't eyeball it or assum ...

Every calibration was done on a level surface. It only fixed it until it got in the air and did some turns. Then the gimbal would be tilted again.
2016-4-11
Use props
jcripps91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15860 ft

United States

Just looks like Arkansas to me...
2016-4-11
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-10 20:49

I got it back yesterday. It looks like they replaced the camera and the gimbal. I'll post a short video from it when youtube finishes processing it. It looks better but it still tilts to the left and to the right when you make sudden turns but appears to eventually straighten back out. I'm just going to assume this is normal.
2016-4-22
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-7 20:05

Here's a video from it after they replaced the camera and gimbal:

2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

wheeliesteve Posted at 2016-4-23 00:11
Here's a video from it after they replaced the camera and gimbal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v ...

Hello steve, the camera and gimbal works well in the video. You can try to change the direction smoothly and slowly next time. That will be better.
2016-4-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules