12Next >
11040 51 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Before you buy or travel, these States have decided to destroy the UAS industry and banned drones regardless of what FAA says.

Have banned drones:
Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and West Virginia.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cap ... s-map-can-tell-you/

2016-4-7
Use props
igot2n0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

Seriously? The map does not indicate states where drones are banned. It indicates states that have passed legislation regulating the use of drones.

For example, in Florida legislation was passed that states that drones cannot be used to spy or for surveillance. There is also legislation that bans the take off or landing of drones in State parks. But if you take off and land outside of the park they cannot stop you. That is a long stretch from saying that drones have been banned in the state.

Are you trolling or something?
2016-4-7
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

igot2n0 Posted at 2016-4-7 17:33
Seriously? The map does not indicate states where drones are banned. It indicates states that have p ...

Not trolling.
I am planning a trip to Florida, and so I called the local police department in Palmetto and asked if it is OK to fly my drone for recreational use.  

The police station was informed by the governors office that all drones use is illegal and banned.  

Even though they really do not have that power, these states are trying to claim all UAS are used for is spying and killing.

So if I take my drone to Florida, they (local police) state, I will be arrested if used.

Well that is a pile of doo doo if anything.
2016-4-7
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Drones are illegal in Texas?

I haven't got that memo yet, nor has anyone else. Texas did pass some quirky rules that no one understands, basically it's illegal to spy on your neighbors or use your drone as a "peeping tom." Common sense really, this is Texas, no one is stupid enough to try it. Law Enforcement got a big win with using drones but considering we share of of the largest section of border with Mexico, it only stands to reason. As long as you exercise safety and common sense, no one messes with you. I don't fly them around the house, there really isn't much to see...not interested in my neighbors and the area is full of tress and power lines. I live down the road from SMU and keep telling my self I'm going to get some aerials of their stadium in the offseason but haven't done it yet. For the most part, I fly my drones down in the Trinity river flood plains away from people.
2016-4-7
Use props
igot2n0
Second Officer
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-7 17:40
Not trolling.
I am planning a trip to Florida, and so I called the local police department in Pal ...

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I live in Florida. Here in Florida you have to bribe the cops to fly your drone. Seriously! You can take my word on it.
2016-4-7
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-8 05:40
Not trolling.
I am planning a trip to Florida, and so I called the local police department in Pal ...

Instead of calling them drones, call them Model Aircraft.

If you want to pitch something to people, remember how the media demonized semi-automatic rifles by calling them assault rifles which wasn't true. The author of the 1994 AWB stated, if it looked like a machine gun, it was a machine gun. My point in this? The media has latched onto the term drone and has driven fear into everyone with it. That is an incorrect term and originally used as a marketing ploy to sale toys. Drones originally had a minimum of 50 lbs! But the media and everyone flipped out and the term now includes anything that flies. So stop using that term and use Model Aircraft.
2016-4-7
Use props
igot2n0
Second Officer
United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-4-7 17:43
Drones are illegal in Texas?

I haven't got that memo yet, nor has anyone else. Texas did pass some ...

Go to http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Welco ... 4-A2A64ABC33563445. Put "drone" in the search box. Let us know what you find. Good day.
2016-4-7
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

igot2n0 Posted at 2016-4-7 16:55
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I live in Florida. Here in Florida you have to bribe the cops to fly you ...

That's crazy. That law sucks.

....but you're saying bribes work?
2016-4-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-8 07:40
Not trolling.

You need to read that law rather than taking a dodgy interpretation from an uninformed hick.
Drones are not banned in Florida and it's highly doubtful they are banned in all or most of the other states you listed.
Here's the law you refer to:
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statu ... ctions/0934.50.html
2016-4-7
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

igot2n0 Posted at 2016-4-7 16:55
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I live in Florida. Here in Florida you have to bribe the cops to fly you ...

So you have no issues flying in Florida?  
Because these tards laws they are coming up with are rather worthless.
2016-4-7
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-7 17:06
You need to read that law rather than taking a dodgy interpretation from an uninformed hick.
Drone ...

Reading what those ass clowns wrote makes it rather broad

http://laws.flrules.org/2015/26

http://laws.flrules.org/files/Ch_2015-026.pdf

Ch. 2015-26 LAWS OF FLORIDA Ch. 2015-26

An act relating to surveillance by a drone; amending s. 934.50, F.S.; defining
terms; prohibiting a person, a state agency, or a political subdivision from
using a drone to capture an image of privately owned real property or of the
owner, tenant, occupant, invitee, or licensee of such property with the
intent to conduct surveillance without his or her written consent if a
reasonable expectation of privacy exists; specifying when a reasonable
expectation of privacy may be presumed; authorizing the use of a drone by
a person or entity engaged in a business or profession licensed by the state
in certain circumstances; authorizing the use of a drone by an employee or
contractor of a property appraiser for the purpose of assessing property for
ad valorem taxation; authorizing the use of a drone by or on behalf of
certain utilities for specified purposes; authorizing the use of a drone for
aerial mapping under certain circumstances; authorizing the use of a
drone for delivering cargo under certain circumstances; authorizing the
use of a drone to capture certain images under certain circumstances;
providing that an owner, tenant, occupant, invitee, or licensee may initiate
a civil action for compensatory damages and may seek injunctive relief
against a person, a state agency, or a political subdivision that violates the
act; providing for construction; providing for the recovery of attorney fees
and punitive damages; specifying that remedies provided by the act are
cumulative to other remedies; providing an effective date.
Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. Section 934.50, Florida Statutes, is amended to read:
934.50 Searches and seizure using a drone.—
(1) SHORT TITLE.—This act may be cited as the “Freedom from
Unwarranted Surveillance Act.”
(2) DEFINITIONS.—As used in this act, the term:
(a) “Drone” means a powered, aerial vehicle that:
1. Does not carry a human operator;
2. Uses aerodynamic forces to provide vehicle lift;
3. Can fly autonomously or be piloted remotely;
4. Can be expendable or recoverable; and
5. Can carry a lethal or nonlethal payload.
2016-4-7
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

It is a sad state of affairs when someone who does not even live in this country ( laborides ) has a better grasp of the laws than do residents of this country.  The law in question does not ban the use of drones,  in fact ,  specifically says it does not ban the use of drones.  Except, and this is abig one,  the use of drones by the police.  They are specifically banned from using drones.  Citizens are banned only from using drones for ,  basically,  invasions of privacy.
Knee jerk,  hysterical reactions to partially read and comprehended  legislation are not helpful to anyone.  As far as flying in Florida goes,  so long as you do not violate the statute you will be fine.  If any law enforcement demands a bribe, I suggest you report them to their superior.  If they arrest you ,  be very polite and cooperate.  Because if they lock you up,  you are probably  well  on your way to winning a civil suit against them and you will be compensated with lots of cash.  The U.S.A is not garden of eden,  for sure.  But it is not a 3rd world feudalism either.

2016-4-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SVTRay Posted at 2016-4-8 07:55
Instead of calling them drones, call them Model Aircraft.

If you want to pitch something to peop ...

That ship sailed a long time ago.
Language changes and evolves and drone is the word for our small toys and flying cameras now.
2016-4-7
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

We can fly them here in Oregon, just not in parks and other "Special" places.
2016-4-7
Use props
medicdanderson
lvl.2

United States

Traveled down to Louisiana a few weeks ago and asked the local police in Louisiana, Arkansas, and Missouri if I could fly for recreational aerial photography. All said something similar to "Yeah, we probably have an ordinance for it but I don't see why not."
2016-4-7
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

I'm actually using my P4 on state property this weekend. Had to go through a huge process to get a permit. But I did it.
2016-4-7
Use props
DrGiggles
lvl.2

United States

I assure you they are not illegal in Oregon
2016-4-7
Use props
DrGiggles
lvl.2

United States

thumb Posted at 2016-4-8 09:00
We can fly them here in Oregon, just not in parks and other "Special" places.

No.. that isn't entirely correct... you cant take off or land in a National Park, you can legally fly from outside the boundary...into the park. They do not control the airspace.
2016-4-7
Use props
Li.F
lvl.1

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-8 05:40
Not trolling.

I live in Miami, FL.

I registered my drone with FAA, and fly my drone around my neighborhood and in local parks. No problem, no one bothered me either.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN_kWmVatB3tZSjj6E50KVjvLxSdxU0mA

Local goverment can not ban the use of drone... Mimai police department uses military gas-can drone for surveillance too...
2016-4-8
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Li.F Posted at 2016-4-8 13:22
I live in Miami, FL.

I registered my drone with FAA, and fly my drone around my neighborhood and  ...

Awesome to hear!  Thanks for that information. {:3_59:}
2016-4-8
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

It's nIce to see people telling  where they are Flying and  where they Live and not having any trouble. I live in Charlotte,N.C and haven't had any problems, I do fly  pass the 5 mile limit from the airport. All the comment that .The ones that are not telling probably have a yard sale and don't tell anyone the location  
2016-4-8
Use props
funkybeat85
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10809163 ft
  • >>>
United States

This post is 100% bull crap. I just flew with a Sheriff in Chicago, and Saugatuck Michigan. Its the drone haters posting stupid deceiving posts.
2016-4-8
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

The only people upset about Texas drone laws are idiots and perverts...which one are you?

Texas drone law enforces our existing privacy laws and allows for countless use of drones.

(A) It is legal to capture an image by an unmanned aircraft if:
(6) with the consent of the property owner or legal resident.
(16) on public property, and people on public property.
Illegal use:
(A) Illegal to  to use unmanned aircraft to capture an image of a person or private property with the intent to conduct surveillance of that person or property.
2016-4-8
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

You guys remind me of the media and their drone hysteria.
2016-4-8
Use props
damienman12
lvl.1

United States

I live here in Hawaii, it is not illegal to fly here. I have a family member who works for the local FAA , and another with the local police department. Both have confirmed as long as you comply with FAA regulations it's perfectly legal. Aloha  
2016-4-8
Use props
mitchellcamps
lvl.1

United States

Just talked to two cops in downtown SF and they both didn't care about flying my drone in downtown SF. So I don't think California as of right now cares very much. Hopefully it stays that way for a while.
2016-4-8
Use props
NOH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-8 13:28
Awesome to hear!  Thanks for that information.

There's not any law here in Miami that ban the use of drones for recreational or as a hobby, of course don't fly close to an airport or in any national park and use caution when flying.
I was flying my drone the other day in an empty lot close to my house and someone called the police, they showed up, asked me a couple of questions and at the end they told me I was not doing anything illegal and then they started to ask questions about the video quality and how cool is the video and all that, they thought my drone was a cool gadget lol.
So no issues here and not any law prohibiting drones here.
2016-4-8
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

NOH Posted at 2016-4-8 17:26
There's not any law here in Miami that ban the use of drones for recreational or as a hobby, of co ...

Glad to hear!  Miami does have some great spots to fly.  
South Pointe Park Miami Beach is an awesome spot, but when I was told by the locals police in palmetto I can't, I was like WTF?
I totally get the the airport, schools, stadiums which i agree should be a NFZ but along the beach was just shocking as hell for them to say that.
2016-4-8
Use props
NOH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14675 ft

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-9 05:30
Glad to hear!  Miami does have some great spots to fly.  
South Pointe Park Miami Beach is an awes ...

Well remember a beach is a crowded space and you're not supposed to fly there but yes South Pointe is a great spot here and if you take off from a not crowded area right there you should be fine.
That's a great location for aerials also check the Key Biscayne bridge "Rickenbacker Causeway" you'll get an amazing view of the city, also Watson island, google it.
2016-4-8
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Awesome information, thank you.
2016-4-8
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

DrGiggles Posted at 2016-4-7 19:01
No.. that isn't entirely correct... you cant take off or land in a National Park, you can legally  ...

I was talking about the city parks here, they banned them as well as RC cars.
2016-4-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Just thought of a great name for a band.  Drones Band.
2016-4-8
Use props
Drgiggles5000
lvl.2

United States

thumb Posted at 2016-4-9 06:24
I was talking about the city parks here, they banned them as well as RC cars.

Not sure how they can stop you from flying fro.outside the park, into the park airspace. I would love to see them try to enforce that.
2016-4-8
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-7 11:40
Not trolling.

Aloha microcyb,

The States do not have jurisdiction of the Nations airspace - period.  Fact, not debatable.  That is why the FAA is tasked with managing the Nation's airspace.  In theory, States could try to control access to the Nation's airspace, but they have limited jurisdiction over private property, so flying from private property is allowed and you can fly from one private property to another.  

However, flying over federal property, where drones are not allowed is controlled and managed by the FAA, so do not try it unless you have permission from the FAA or a tower.  Actually, the blog you posted has a legend that does not represent what you are idicating - see below.

Aloha and Drone On!
MW-CJ376_drone__MC_20140624154008.jpg
2016-4-8
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-8 12:13
Awesome information, thank you.

Aloha Microcyb,

This is from the blog regarding Florida;

State: Florida
Bill: HB 119
About the legislation: Florida HB 119, also known as the “Freedom from Unwarranted Surveillance Act” prohibits a law enforcement agency from using a drone to gather evidence or other information. It also prohibits a law enforcement agency from using in any court of law evidence obtained by a drone. The bill is effective as of July 1, 2013.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-4-8
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

igot2n0 Posted at 2016-4-7 17:59
Go to http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Welcome/index.cfm?CFID=60783230&CFTOKEN=4fa2fd9d5a6f56ef-7B4CB965 ...

The link to the statue in Texas doesn't saw drones are banned or illegal.  Did you read it?
2016-4-8
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-7 18:53
Reading what those ass clowns wrote makes it rather broad

http://laws.flrules.org/2015/26

I read the full text of the statute in the link and don't see where you are getting that all drone use is banned.  Can you cite the exact words that you are referring to?
2016-4-8
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DrGiggles Posted at 2016-4-7 16:01
No.. that isn't entirely correct... you cant take off or land in a National Park, you can legally  ...

Aloha DrGiggles,

You mean state parks, not National Parks.  The FAA controls the airspace in National Parks (and all parks) and if the National Park says no flying, it is enforced by the FAA because they are under the same government - Federal.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-4-8
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-4-8 18:41
I read the full text of the statute in the link and don't see where you are getting that all drone ...

Well I'm a computer scientist not a lawyer so I take words literally. So when they state drones prohibited by any person sounds to me like no one is allowed. But others here have corrected my mistake.
2016-4-8
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-4-8 18:44
Aloha DrGiggles,

You mean state parks, not National Parks.  The FAA controls the airspace in ...

Plus the local police stated no one in Florida as well. So they are also wrong.   
2016-4-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules