Calibration of front sensors
2075 6 2016-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179974 ft
United States

Has anyone had any difficulty calibrating the front sensors?  I have tried multiple times and all have failed when using my regular desktop computer.  I took my Phantom 4 to work and calibrated it on the first attempt so I'm wondering if it has something to do with my computer monitors or perhaps difference in room lighting.  There is a slight difference in resolution of my monitor at home versus work (1600X1200 vs. 1680x1050).  

BP
2016-4-7
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Make sure you have the bird far enough from the monitor,  that you are able to see the birds target box on the screen as well as the app target box.
Try to be as steady and precise as possible when lining up the targets in order to get a precise calibration.

Cheers
Rob
2016-4-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, have you updated the firmware as well as the DJI assistant 2 to calibrate it again?It would be better to clean the sensing system and choose a monitor larger than 12.5' before calibration.
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.djivideos.com/video_ ... d-afa8-3d4082064a81
If it couldn't work, please upload the screenshot of the error message here.
2016-4-7
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 02:29
Hello, have you updated the firmware as well as the DJI assistant 2 to calibrate it again?It would b ...

The Assistant is version 01.00.0002 and the Phantom4 firmware is 01.01.0301.  I believe that is the latest on both.

All sensors are clean with no smears or smudges and the monitor is about 21" diagonal (with a 4:3 ratio).The calibration process progresses without any erros or exceptions.  The directed instructions vary a little with the tutorial.  Here are the actions I'm asked to perform:

1.  Using front sensors line up the marks from the quad with the marks on the test pattern.  These marks create a smaller box within the test area.  Once aligned the marks jump to basically the edges of the test pattern.

2.  Again, front sensors, line up the marks from the quad with the marks on the test pattern.  The marks are at the edges of the test pattern.

3.  Pivot the quad vertically, to complete the blue vertical line.

4.  Pivot the quad horizontally, to complete the blue horizontal line.

5.  Rotate the quad where the bottom sensors are facing the screen, battery oriented to the right.

6.  Repeat steps 1-5 with the bottom sensors.

I executed this without any errors and the calibration box pops up...  The progress meter counts up to 33%, pauses, jumps to 50%, pauses and then shows 100% and a failed to calibrate.

Fail Screen

Fail Screen

Update:  I loaded the assistant 2 software on my laptop and went through the calibration.  The quad calibrated perfectly the first time (just like on my work computer).  The issue really does seem to be with my desktop computer and not the quad itself.
Update 2:  I have tried multiple calbrations on my desktop computer and each time it fails.  However, I've calibrated twice on my laptop and each one as passed without issue.  In a sequence of three cal events I got these results:  LAPTOP-PASS, DESKTOP-FAIL, LAPTOP-PASS.

It truly looks to be an issue with the desktop setup.  I uninstalled the software and drivers and reinstalled, without success.  Calibrations still failed.

ONE THING TO NOTE:  On the laptop calibrations, at 50% progess, the software seems to pause longer before it jumps to 100% and passed calibration.  On the desktop, when progress gets to 50%, it displays 50% progress for just a second and then jumps to 100% and gives the failed cal error.

2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2016-4-8 21:02
The Assistant is version 01.00.0002 and the Phantom4 firmware is 01.01.0301.  I believe that is the ...

Have you changed the display scale ever before? For the sensor calibration, the display scale should be 100%. For example , if you have adjust it to 150%, the calibration will fail at last
2016-4-8
Use props
CrimsonPhantom
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 20:40
Have you changed the display scale ever before? For the sensor calibration, the display scale shou ...

Nope, just checked and my display scale is set to the default of 100%
2016-4-9
Use props
sanluco_cormad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11024 ft
Argentina

CrimsonPhantom Posted at 2016-4-9 20:43
Nope, just checked and my display scale is set to the default of 100%

Hola tengo una consulta , enciendo el control y luego P4 y no se comunican ,tambien no se encienden ninguna de las luces que si antes se prendian las rojas la frenta y las amarillas y luego verde atras,alguien me puede ayudar?
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules