1040 8 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

You know you want to see me crash!

It's not a good shot if you crash your quadcopter. This video is mostly just a reminder for me of how incredible lucky I got on Wednesday. But maybe it's a good reminder for you too. I've been getting so into the camera and trying to get good smooth footage that .... well, the other day I got a little too preoccupied on the shot and..... flew into a tree. It's gruesome, but the Phantom survived. I am definitely going to be taking a look at the data, but it really felt like object avoidance almost did me in. After I realize where I am, I remember trying to drop altitude a little to clear some branches and get out of there. It felt like object avoidance was trying to get me to gain altitude to try to get over the branches it was sensing in front of the craft. I'm not sure 100%, but at least we ended up getting out of there without ending up in a branch or in the river. Lesson learned: it's pretty easy to get distracted by what you are capturing. Anyway, very thankful to still be flying after this close call.

2016-4-8
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

It's always to have a spotter. If not two!
2016-4-8
Use props
skyphotovideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311791 ft
United States

did the props actually hit the tree?
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Safety is the best policy.Keep it in mind and it would be better to choose an open area next time
2016-4-8
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

United States

Did you run to go get a lottery ticket
2016-4-8
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Luck By Chance ... Good Luck .. keep fly safe
2016-4-9
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Were you manually doing a shot that's flawlessly done with the Point of Interest mode? Cus that's what it looks like by this video...if so...why? Just curious.
2016-4-9
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-4-9 07:22
Were you manually doing a shot that's flawlessly done with the Point of Interest mode? Cus that's wh ...

I was. And I was doing it because I hadn't yet tried point of interest mode. I had done some stuff with ActiveTrack, but hadn't really tried POI. I actually just shot with Point of Interest Mode for the first time yesterday.
2016-4-10
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
United States

skyphotovideo Posted at 2016-4-8 14:30
did the props actually hit the tree?

Yes, I think they graze one branch.
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced