phantom 4 firmware update/RC signal lost
16729 36 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pat Stefanek
New

United States

Just updated the firmware on my Phantom 4, thought it went fine but  RC singal lost is the message.  Anyone, have any ideas??

2016-4-8
Use props
jcathe3rd
New

Yup same Here..!  & Now it won't let me downgrade to the previous firmware version.
2016-4-8
Use props
anton.vakulchyk
New

United States

Please try to format the SD card.
2016-4-8
Use props
anton.vakulchyk
New

United States

jcathe3rd Posted at 2016-4-8 18:06
Yup same Here..!  & Now it won't let me downgrade to the previous firmware version.

Format the SD card and it will let you upgrade to the newest version.
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, have you updated your RC to the latest version 1.6.0 via the latest DJI GO app after you finished the drone's updating?
2016-4-8
Use props
Dor Beetle
New

Belgium

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-9 08:16
Hello, have you updated your RC to the latest version 1.6.0 via the latest DJI GO app after you fini ...

I had the same problems, but did an update to the latest copter firmware update (release 7 april 2016).
2016-4-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dor Beetle Posted at 2016-4-9 15:19
I had the same problems, but did an update to the latest copter firmware update (release 7 april 2 ...

Don't forget to update your RC after the drone finished upgrading.
2016-4-8
Use props
Dishy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23209 ft
United Kingdom

Hi same problem with Dji 3 I've tired to relink,still not working anymore suggestions thanks
2016-4-8
Use props
truebizon
New
Flight distance : 1896683 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I have the same problem.
In my case, I updated RC firstly.
After that, I updated Phantom4, but I cannot control phantom4 any more.
2016-4-9
Use props
gswilder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18409 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded Phantom P4 FIRST
then upgraded RC
2016-4-9
Use props
jmanfredonia1
lvl.1

gswilder Posted at 2016-4-9 21:47
I upgraded Phantom P4 FIRST
then upgraded RC

I updated my RC but for some reason when I plug my phantom into my computer it is not opening the update firmware software    Thoughts?  I'm new.
2016-4-9
Use props
brandonchatham.
New

United States

Im having the same issue. Did the RC update on the controller, and now wont connect, but have video. Also, wont take off. I have re-linked the controller many times, rebooted everything, then tried to update the drone to the latest firmware with assistant 2 and it fails everytime. This sucks! I am not doing a DJI update again.
2016-4-9
Use props
lorenz
New

[SOLVED]
I had the same Problem with "RC signal lost" after letting the iPad App updating the RC Controller and the Phantom 4.

While the App was telling me the Phantom 4 has been successfully updated, this wasn`t the case.

After installing the Windows Service Software from DJI, the program reported the Phantom 4 software has indeed not been updated.

Solution: Just update the Phantom 4 with the Windows Software. Afterwards it`s time to get back in the air.
2016-4-9
Use props
mkirk467
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2613205 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did RC update first then I got the RC signal lost msg.

(My solve)
Uninstall the DJI Go app then reinstall DJI Go app. Now your P4 will call for the update.
2016-4-9
Use props
truebizon
New
Flight distance : 1896683 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Then I'd like to "Initialization processing", how can I do it for Phantom4 & RC?
2016-4-9
Use props
robotizen
lvl.2
United States

Curiously here's here's what worked on my P4. Upon starting DJI-Go with the P4 powered up, you get a firmware upgrade message. This shows the RC upgrade listed first then the P4 upgrade. I installed the RC upgrade.. no problems. Then I noticed that there was no 'download' to get the P4 firmware... not to worry. When I exited the DJI-Go app and restarted it.. it tells me the P4 now needs an update, and miraculously there is a button to download the firmware and then send it to the P4, again no problems.. So to review.. Update the RC first, and restart it. Plug in USB cable to P4. Then update the P4 firmware by exiting DJI-Go and restart.. you'll see the prompts to download the new firmware and upload to P4.  smooth as a babies.., well you know..... Anyway, I hope this makes sense, if I've confused anyone, I apologize in advance. But really it was painless and everything seems to work A-OK with the new updates.  When in doubt ..reboot, (however,never interrupt a firmware transfer) then DJI-Go will tell you what it wants to do next. This overall approach has worked well for me at least ..on several occasions. Its also important to note ( I know it may seem obvious but hey..) that both the RC and/or P4 need a reboot after a firmware upgrade to actually use the new firmware..
2016-4-9
Use props
garethwyn66
New

United Kingdom

robotizen Posted at 2016-4-10 05:42
Curiously here's here's what worked on my P4. Upon starting DJI-Go with the P4 powered up, you get a ...

Hi I had the same problem ( rc signal lost) used dji assistant it failed always but done the firmware upgrade via the dpi app as instructed all worked well back flying again thank you >>>
2016-4-10
Use props
giannispapoutsi
New

Greece

robotizen Posted at 2016-4-10 07:42
Curiously here's here's what worked on my P4. Upon starting DJI-Go with the P4 powered up, you get a ...

i have the approx the same problem....i try t see the version of the RC and says version unknown.The aircraft say version 01.00.0288..what to do?
2016-4-21
Use props
Onawa220
New
  • >>>
United States

I did the update the the P4 from my computer before I had even downloaded the app for my iPad. Copter upgraded just fine and then couldn't figure out how to upgrade the RC. Once I installed the app and connected it showed the correct firmware for the copter but Unknown Version for the RC with no option to upgrade. I'm trying the downgrade from the DJI Assistant 2 PC app first then will try from the iPad app. Hopefully this works.
2016-5-10
Use props
Onawa220
New
  • >>>
United States

Onawa220 Posted at 2016-5-11 07:18
I did the update the the P4 from my computer before I had even downloaded the app for my iPad. Copte ...

Ok . From the DJI Go app it shows I did downgrade to the previous firmware version but never asks to update.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and never says to upgrade.

Now when I connect to my PC I cannot get the DJI Assistant 2 app to refresh the firmware version. It just spins until it times out and says retry.

I even went to another PC and installed the app and tried it with the same result. I'm trying the full slow format of the SD card now to see if this helps.
2016-5-10
Use props
wabdulla1
New
United States

Hello.  I have the same problem you have/had.  What was your fix?  Thanks in advance.
2016-5-13
Use props
donnie1
New

Switzerland

Hi,

I have the same problem too.

How can I fix the problem?

Cheers

2016-5-15
Use props
joekawasaki
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone

I had the same problem, I connected my phantom directly to my pc with the provided cable went into my computer on windows and formatted the whole aircraft then went back onto dji assistant and updated again and it connected fine. Must say though the rc signal and range doesn't seem a touch on the phantom 3 adavanced I had before.

hope it helps
2016-5-15
Use props
saleemdad
New

Pakistan

[img]I have the same problem.IN phantom 4
In my case, I updated RC firstly.
After that, I updated  but I cannot update they showing" Downloading package Paused ". after that i Connect with My Mac on DJI ASSISTANT 2 . But there are showing old version refresh & New Version Update.when i click on New Version after 25% down load my internet is slow or kill . i again soo many tme but still same problem after that i attach with RC & Aircraft & lunch a app & SAW the there show "RC SIGNAL LOST"  after that want to downgrade then  i open a home in app there are on Right hand side Hat Icon i hold down 10 sec after that pop new window there showing a FW Version i there show " elect firmware version " non " can't  downgarde. no i am very fadup. what i do??? any one tell me plz???[/img]
2016-5-16
Use props
matt1134
lvl.1
United States

I updated and got the "RC Signal Lost" message on my display. I tried reinstalling the update, multiple power cycles, etc. Finally, I used Assistant to refresh to factory settings then updated to the newest firmware. Now all is well.
So, in short:
1) reset to factory settings
2) reinstall the latest update
2016-6-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

matt1134 Posted at 2016-6-17 04:04
I updated and got the "RC Signal Lost" message on my display. I tried reinstalling the update, multi ...

You had a RC signal lost because the RC firmware was not matched to the aircraft firmware.
Glad you got it sorted out.
2016-6-16
Use props
kbriffa1964
New

Australia

Hi guy's upgraded my firmware to 1.9.60 now i don't have signal,can anyone help me
2016-10-3
Use props
loric
lvl.1
  • >>>

matt1134 Posted at 2016-6-17 04:04
I updated and got the "RC Signal Lost" message on my display. I tried reinstalling the update, multi ...

I've had the same issue as saleemdad and matt1134...so matt1134, you're saying that Icould try to reset to factory settings through the app?  I saw that someone tried deleting the app and starting over...but if you reset to factory you connect the aircraft to the computer, yes?  Then you used the DJI assistant?  Then it automatically updated or did you need to go through all of the updates one version at a time...?  I might be getting this mixed up with the inspire....
2016-10-3
Use props
loric
lvl.1
  • >>>

joekawasaki Posted at 2016-5-16 04:33
Hi everyone

I had the same problem, I connected my phantom directly to my pc with the provided cabl ...

HI there, did you get the range figured out?  Is it less?
2016-10-3
Use props
nvlori
lvl.1
  • >>>

loric@nevada.un Posted at 2016-10-4 15:34
I've had the same issue as saleemdad and matt1134...so matt1134, you're saying that Icould try to  ...

Thanks, everyone...this is how it finally worked....delete the DJI Go app from your ipad and phone and reinstall and then turn on the pad and controller and then the bird...then it asked me to connect the pad directly to the bird and it downloaded and updated!  farout.  then I restarted the bird and its done.  I also tried with all 8 batteries just to be sure.  I'm off to fly and make sure that it works in the field....
2016-10-4
Use props
J.AndreGomes
lvl.1

Portugal

the drone are not detected for the Windows and the DJI Assistant 2?! what can i do?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... k/1591411564500826/
2016-10-21
Use props
snipes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5059 ft
United States

J.AndreGomes Posted at 2016-10-21 21:07
the drone are not detected for the Windows and the DJI Assistant 2?! what can i do?
https://www.fac ...

I have the same issue...my laptop says the USB device malfunctioned and can't be recognized. I was able to read the files off the disk only if I plug it in directly to my machine rather than via USB.

I don't know how to format the drone...but I can't get DJI GO to recognize that the drone is powered on, so I expect I have a firmware issue. Thx.
2016-10-21
Use props
fansa49999d0
lvl.1
India

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-8 22:16
Hello, have you updated your RC to the latest version 1.6.0 via the latest DJI GO app after you finished the drone's updating?

Hi.. Dji support.. I have problem in my phantom 4 advance plus.. The problem is the drone is ready to fly after take off of 10 feet rc signal getting lost.. I done all my latest upgrade, aircraft upgrade, and rc upgrade... Please give solution for this problem.
2018-3-1
Use props
fansa49999d0
lvl.1
India

Hi.. Dji support.. I have a problem in my drone please fix my problem my Drone model is phantom 4 advanced Plus my Drone is ready to take off after takeoff it fly up to 10 feet after that the signal is lost there is a RC signal problem I can't able to fly my drone about 10 feet the signal is automatically cut at the 10 feet I upgrade all my latest firmware and RC update and aircraft update after all my update the thing is fixed my problem please help me to solve my problem thanks
2018-3-1
Use props
fansa49999d0
lvl.1
India

Hi.. Dji support.. I have a problem in my drone please fix my problem my Drone model is phantom 4 advanced Plus my Drone is ready to take off after takeoff it fly up to 10 feet after that the signal is lost there is a RC signal problem I can't able to fly my drone about 10 feet the signal is automatically cut at the 10 feet I upgrade all my latest firmware and RC update and aircraft update after all my update the thing is fixed my problem please help me to solve my problem thanks
2018-3-1
Use props
fansa49999d0
lvl.1
India

2018-3-1
Use props
fansa49999d0
lvl.1
India

2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules