Phantom 3 problem after firmware 1.8, gimbal goes limp after some...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goliveirab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132582 ft
Brazil

Hi, I`m having a problem after the firmware upgrade (1.8) I have installed the firmware and everything was OK, then I reset the bird and know when I turn it on the gimbal dance and then goes limp, I don`t know what to do, and I need my bird to take some photos.

I already have tried to downgrade the firmware but seems that the gimbal doesn't read the sd card for a long time, when I insert a new sd card it creates folders but it don`t reinstall a firmware.
This is a video that I took from the problem

When I turn the bird off, its doesn`t respond  normaly

Please someone help me.

2016-4-9
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Remote should be off during the entire process until the last sentence.  update file in SD card in root (not in folder, unzipped). Turn on Bird and wait,  When the gimbal LED changes to solid green,  turn off the bird,  remove the update sd card,install your regular SD Card, repower the bird.   Then remove dji app from your device and reinstall new updated one.  Connect your device to remote, Turn on remote run DJI app then update the remote when it tells you to.
2016-4-9
Use props
goliveirab
lvl.1
Brazil

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-4-9 20:20
Remote should be off during the entire process until the last sentence.  update file in SD card in r ...

It never goes to the solid green, after some minutos the led blinks a green light
2016-4-9
Use props
daveedds
New

CaveDrone Posted at 2016-4-9 20:20
Remote should be off during the entire process until the last sentence.  update file in SD card in r ...

Just read your post and followed your directions. Worked perfectly! Thanks
2016-4-9
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Is it me or does it look like your shell  case is split open? Also the RC RTH button looks damaged as well. Could it be a hardware failure?
2016-4-9
Use props
goliveirab
lvl.1

I have open the shell to check the connections, yes my go home button is damage, the first time I pressed it the button moved down = /
2016-4-9
Use props
goliveirab
lvl.1
Brazil

I don't believe that is a hardware problem because before the update the bird was working perfectly
2016-4-9
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

goliveirab@gmai Posted at 2016-4-9 07:51
It never goes to the solid green, after some minutos the led blinks a green light

Sorry, I am not an expert simply because I have never had a problem updating so I have no troubleshooting experience for updating issues. I will search around for possible answers for you on the forum here.
2016-4-9
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

Goliveirab,  check out this thread.  Most of the people are talking here about their firmware problems there.  Looks like solutions and options to try.

[Firmware v1.08 instructions and troubleshooting
2016-4-9
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
United States

daveedds Posted at 2016-4-9 08:35
Just read your post and followed your directions. Worked perfectly! Thanks

Great! Have fun flying!
2016-4-9
Use props