Gimbal Issue i think?
692 5 2016-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cinder13
New

United Kingdom

HI Guys/Gals

I am relativly new to these forms but have found some amazing info on here in the past and wanted to know if you guys would be willing to impart some of that amazing knowledge onto me?
I recentally purchased the Inspire 1 last week and it arrived yesterday. I started to assemble the aircraft and began the process of updateing the firmware (no issue there thanks to the amazing advise i found in the help section) but during the update my gimbal started to make a grinding noise when the camera is pointed straight ahead in its default position (plesae see attached video about 10 seconds in) You will notice that when i tilt the camera down the noise stops and when i begin to tilt it back up it begins again.

What i wanted to know is this normal and somthing i should learn to live with or should i be very concerned?

https://youtu.be/BV9qDvAvVWI.
2016-4-10
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi Cinder, definitely not normal or anything I have experienced in my time with the Inspire. Only time I have heard something similar is after a failed update - have you deleted the bin file from the sd card after updating?
2016-4-10
Use props
Cinder13
New

United Kingdom

Wolfman Posted at 2016-4-10 11:35
Hi Cinder, definitely not normal or anything I have experienced in my time with the Inspire. Only ti ...

Hi Wolfman the SD has been cleared and the problem still remains and after the update the log file said success so im pretty sure this might be a hardware thing.
2016-4-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's just the gimbal motor, if it's a new inspire the noise should lessen after some use.
2016-4-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also my inspire pro x5 made horrible grinding noises when it was new,after a few flight it's flawless now.
2016-4-10
Use props
Cinder13
New

United Kingdom

OK guys ill give it a few more flights and see what happens thanks for the info.
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules