10533 51 2016-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sertax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220774 ft
United Kingdom

Andy_ Posted at 2016-5-5 10:38
Hi mate, I don't know if it's the same problem, but my Phantom3st just dropped out of sky too, like  ...

You mean sorry for my cash?
2016-5-5
Use props
Phantom-DJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 623038 ft
United States

-I experienced the exact same issue as yourself.

After several weeks of inquiries via email and telephone, I still have not been provided a case number. My experience, thus far, with customer support has been very disappointing. I remain waiting for someone to provide a reasonable level of service that one would think would be 'par the course' for an organization whose customers invest a decent amount of money into their products.

I don't recall experiencing a situation resulting in such a poor level customer service. At this point, I have spent at least 10+ hrs, probably much more, in attempting to obtain resolution. Now, I am far past being frustrated.

-I hesitated in taking further time by participating in this thread. But, at this point, it's the principal of the matter that shouldn't be silenced.
2016-5-15
Use props
sertax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220774 ft
United Kingdom

Phantom-DJI Posted at 2016-5-15 16:21
-I experienced the exact same issue as yourself.

After several weeks of inquiries via email and te ...

I only managed to speak to them via email, and they always try to give the same bullshit answer that I just lost the video signal not the entire connection. I wasn't able to make them understand that it was like if the drone never existed they insisted I made a mid air csc. Since I wasn't able to connect to the drone to get the flight data from it, I can't verify this so the can pretty much say whatever they want.

According to them it's totally ok that the drone just disappears without a trace. I am trying to chase this with the retailer in UK, but overall I am very frustrated and disillusioned in this shitty product and service.

Hope you willhave better luck...

2016-6-2
Use props
rokelleher
lvl.1

Ireland

Hello DJI,

I have had very similar situation. Bought a DJI Phantom 3 Standard one month ago. Took it out for a flight yesterday. Did all the pre flight checks:

1. Compass was calibrated.
2. 98% Battery
3. Home point was set on initial take off with 11 GPS
4. Lost Signal was set to RTH
5. Flight mode was set in P-GPS and never changed

I flew the drone for approximately 11 minutes staying close to my house at all time... I then began to bring the drone back closer to the house. When the drone was pretty close to the home point (approximately 40M with 51% Battery) my phone crashed. The drone then started to drift with the wind (Even though I had not switched it out of GPS mode). I restarted my phone and app, but noticed that the red light had appeared on the RC (loss of signal, at this point the RTH should have triggered). I wanted to try reconnect the signal so got into the car and drove in the direction the drone was going. After driving for around 600M I picked up the signal again for 7 seconds. The drone had drifted over 800M from the Home point. I lost signal again and thats the last I saw of my new Phantom 3.

My questions are:

1. When the phone crashed why did the drone seem to switch itself into ATTI mode (As it started drifting from its current position).
2. Why didn't the drones failsafe RTH trigger when the drones signal was lost (This was 100% checked before takeoff)?

Has anyone experienced this with the Phantom 3 Standard and what are my options now?
2016-12-25
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

Hello DJI

I have had a different issue with the same result my brand new Phantom 3 Standard is gone
I received my very first DJI drone last week Thursday 2nd Feb 2017 and I was super excited because I’ve wanted one for a long time

First thing I did was charge all the batteries
Then on Friday 3rd I updated the firmware and watched as many YouTube tutorials I could find
And read all the safety material that came with the drone
On Sunday the 5th I took my brand new drone out for its first flight in a completely open area kilometers away from and power lines .etc

1.        I celebrated the compass
2.        I made sure I was in beginner mode since this was my first flight and I didn’t want to have any accidents or a fly away  
3.        I made sure I had enough GPS signals there were 9  
4.        Then I took off and made sure the home point had updated

At first everything was going well I was getting the hang of the drone and it was everything I was looking forward to. After flying around a bit and testing the 30m limit which was working and preventing me from flying too far and landing and taking off again the low battery warning went off and before I could land the return home function kicked in and my drone flew off in completely the opposite direction from where I took off before I could get it under control it was out of signal distance and forever gone. I spent the next 5h looking for it and went back the following day after work but the last image I had was of it over a river and so I don’t hold out much hope.

I have sent an email to support@dji.com on Monday the 6ht but as of this writing I have had no response from them.

Now my questions are these
1.        How does the supposed safety feature of setting a home point glitch out so badly that it causes the thing it’s supposed to prevent a fly away
2.        Why was the fly home function able to override the 30m flight distance restriction set by beginner mode and cause my brand new expensive DJI drone to disappear never to be seen again
2017-2-8
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

Mort Posted at 2017-2-8 02:24
Hello DJI

I have had a different issue with the same result my brand new Phantom 3 Standard is gone

ok update

i found out how to read my flight data from the DJI Go app and my drome did land in the river

here is my flight data http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R3TXNW1IMEMMMLL97BA1/#

can anyone tell me why my drones home point updated by it's self at 20m 20.8s
because that is what caused my drone to fly away

surly this is a fault with the drone
2017-2-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mort Posted at 2017-2-8 22:10
ok update

i found out how to read my flight data from the DJI Go app and my drome did land in the river

Have a read through this thread, post number 22 might interest you:-

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83265-1-1.html
2017-2-9
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-9 09:28
Have a read through this thread, post number 22 might interest you:-

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83265-1-1.html

Thanks but i lost my Phantom on the 5th after updating the firmware and downloading the app on the 3rd. According to the flight data it is 21 feet underwater at the moment

but looking at that thread it definatly looks like my fly away was cause by a fault in the app so lets hope i'll get some joy from DJI support  
2017-2-9
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi Guys

DJI have looked through my flight data and have accepted that there was no pilot error and are going to replace my Phantom under warranty

yay
2017-2-14
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Great News.
2017-2-14
Use props
rivasnwa
lvl.1

United States

I had a similar situation, flying about 100 ft. altitude, overhead, wind about 20 mph, all of a sudden the drone takes off with no response other than decending.  We were lucky no one was injured, and no property damage.  I now have very little confidence in flying this product.
2019-12-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

rivasnwa Posted at 12-8 09:08
I had a similar situation, flying about 100 ft. altitude, overhead, wind about 20 mph, all of a sudden the drone takes off with no response other than decending.  We were lucky no one was injured, and no property damage.  I now have very little confidence in flying this product.

This sounds like an RTH scenario.  When the P3S is in RTH, all controls are ignored.  You must cancel RTH to regain control.  However, once the AC is overhead and the AC begins its descent, you can steer it down without canceling RTH, and if you don't realize where your right stick is and you're not paying attention, it'll take off like a jet in an unexpected direction while at the same time continue its RTH descent.  It's happened to me a couple times and it's very confusing if you don't understand why it's doing what it's doing.  
2019-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules