Fix 3.1.2 DJI GO App
3051 38 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Please fill out the post, so DJI can take in some feedback.
Single SelectVote, Total 51 people participate in voting
92.16% (47)
0.00% (0)
7.84% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-2-1
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Safety of Flight Issue needs correction
2017-2-2
Use props
aldeaglobal
New

United States

Home location is wrong by more than 1km. RTH lands on a very far place from the take off point!
2017-2-6
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

I participated in the poll. However I feel the DJI really don't *content edited by mod for vulgar language*. They have not responded to any reports from customers about loss of craft, crashes of craft or fly aways due to 3.1.2. Not 1 response from them, even the moderators have not made any reference to the abysmal release of this 3.1.2 version of DJI Go app. Just need a wall to rant at as I would probs get more feedback from it.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans617b9cdc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135614 ft
Brazil

More People in the USA should consider Flying Drone 1 KM away from regulated legal distance allowed from White House.....then hit RTH.....If enough drones land on white house Lawn, DJI might have to Listen then?
2017-2-6
Use props
jeffinhizhands
lvl.2
United States

Feel like this a waste of time however.... Someone needs to do something..Clearly DJI is not!
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

If I was the CEO I would listen to the feedback, at least when it is destroying peoples time.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

I just like 2.9.1, but there is always issues.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-6 09:57
I participated in the poll. However I feel the DJI really don't give a rat's a$$. They have not responded to any reports from customers about loss of craft, crashes of craft or fly aways due to 3.1.2. Not 1 response from them, even the moderators have not made any reference to the abysmal release of this 3.1.2 version of DJI Go app. Just need a wall to rant at as I would probs get more feedback from it.

We're definitely listening, Merlin. The DJI reps here are careful not to say anything that may mislead customers and thus stay silent unless a particular individual asks for help in which case we almost always assist very quickly. I hope you understand.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-6 16:47
We're definitely listening, Merlin. The DJI reps here are careful not to say anything that may mislead customers and thus stay silent unless a particular individual asks for help in which case we almost always assist very quickly. I hope you understand.

Well then please understand that you have an issue with software.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-6 16:58
Well then please understand that you have an issue with software.

Many of the mods (including me) spend a lot of time on these forums. We are not actively ignoring things and any significant issue gets reported.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-6 17:09
Many of the mods (including me) spend a lot of time on these forums. We are not actively ignoring things and any significant issue gets reported.

Okay, thanks, but report it to high level software engineers to fix it.
2017-2-6
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Its been weeks now, how long does it take your software guys to mend this or even better roll back to 2.9.1. Why cant you issue that version for all to upload on IOS and Android until you solve this. I know there is a new 3.1.4 for iPhone but I am frightened to try it because the RTH issue didn't affect me.
2017-2-7
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-2-6 16:47

And while you stay silent and do no remedial communication more customers lose or crash their P3's! Nothing, no acknowledgement that there 'may be' an issue with 3.1.2 and it has been pulled from Google Play Store until proved otherwise!  Forum members on a daily basis asking why is 3.1.2 still on the Play Store for over 9 days from initial reports of home point coordinates being that wrong. But then I may as well just find the wall to vent at, again!
2017-2-7
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I like DJI, and love my Phantom 3. But to have a app still available for download on the Google Play Store that has a major bug that can causes your prized possession (your Phantom) to fly off over 1km away is poor judgment. I'm sure that there are many DJI customers that are not on the forums like we are, and are not getting a heads up from the Phantom community like we are. They could have pulled it down on day one, if new code was taking too long.
2017-2-7
Use props
eerie54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2608 ft

United States

I cannot risk my Phantom heading off into a busy highway thats why I fly  on farming land,  but there are roads in the area.  My solution is to take my new Autel Star out of its box and start studying how to fly it.
I dont need software problems,  got enough of my own.

eerie
2017-2-7
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I had been reluctant to update since many months of good flying (my faithful P3P has over 370 km of flight). Since the recent update things are quite depressing. I am having the classical "blotchy video" complained by other Android users (NEXUS 9 here). I have tried going back to v.2.9.1, but this did not cure the issue. What I am observing is that the tablet goes to "USB charging" mode when the RC controller is running. When I switch the RC off, the tablet goes back to MTP mode. I have tried changing this option while the app is running: this stops the app and switches the tablet back to "USB charging" automatically. The RC controller is v.1.8.0, perhaps the problems began with that update? The video is quite colorful (see photo) but really a pain when flying. Otherwise flight is stable. I haven't dared to try flying other than manually since the update.
DJI, please give us back our phantoms !!!

BLOTCHY VIDEO

BLOTCHY VIDEO
2017-2-8
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

johnsr Posted at 2017-2-8 03:25
I had been reluctant to update since many months of good flying (my faithful P3P has over 370 km of flight). Since the recent update things are quite depressing. I am having the classical "blotchy video" complained by other Android users (NEXUS 9 here). I have tried going back to v.2.9.1, but this did not cure the issue. What I am observing is that the tablet goes to "USB charging" mode when the RC controller is running. When I switch the RC off, the tablet goes back to MTP mode. I have tried changing this option while the app is running: this stops the app and switches the tablet back to "USB charging" automatically. The RC controller is v.1.8.0, perhaps the problems began with that update? The video is quite colorful (see photo) but really a pain when flying. Otherwise flight is stable. I haven't dared to try flying other than manually since the update.
DJI, please give us back our phantoms !!!

Your talking about apple and oranges in your post. This thread is about the Go app version 3.1.2 that people (Android users) are having an issue with. You say you tried going back to 2.9.1, so did you? Is your Go app version now 2.9.1? But than you start talking about your RC and FW versions? So your mixing two very different topics in the same paragraph?
2017-2-8
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-8 08:30
Your talking about apple and oranges in your post. This thread is about the Go app version 3.1.2 that people (Android users) are having an issue with. You say you tried going back to 2.9.1, so did you? Is your Go app version now 2.9.1? But than you start talking about your RC and FW versions? So your mixing two very different topics in the same paragraph?

I said that after having problems with version 3.1.2, I tried to go back to an earlier version where things worked.That did not help; something had also changed (aircraft firmware and RC controller firmware updates). I am again at version 3.1.2 when that "lovely" screen image was posted. I hope that claers up my apples and oranges.
Have fun & good flying!
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

eerie54 Posted at 2017-2-7 20:45
I cannot risk my Phantom heading off into a busy highway thats why I fly  on farming land,  but there are roads in the area.  My solution is to take my new Autel Star out of its box and start studying how to fly it.
I dont need software problems,  got enough of my own.

I use 2.9.1 just fine, there is no error with the camera. Just some propellers errors.. they send me 6 propellers that I cant use, lucky I have my friend give me good propellers that I got a long time ago.
2017-2-8
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

johnsr Posted at 2017-2-8 10:48
I said that after having problems with version 3.1.2, I tried to go back to an earlier version where things worked.That did not help; something had also changed (aircraft firmware and RC controller firmware updates). I am again at version 3.1.2 when that "lovely" screen image was posted. I hope that claers up my apples and oranges.
Have fun & good flying!

Be carefull with 3.1.2
2017-2-8
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-84310-1-1.html
2017-2-9
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
France

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-8 15:56
Be carefull with 3.1.2

Thanks Kev, but it seems a bit late for me. The fact that when I cleaned up things and went back to 2.9.1 without a major improvement (it worked great at 2.9.1 before the updates) makes me suspect a "system effect" which is why I brought up the point about the controller version. This situation for Android tablets seems messy. Those still at an earlier version should really wait...
2017-2-9
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

I woke up this morning and my tablet had updated the 3.1.2 android. They are saying that the home point issue has been resolved in the new one. Yay!
2017-2-9
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Lol.. watch out..
2017-2-9
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Mine never had the error.  So who knows lol
2017-2-9
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-8 15:55
I use 2.9.1 just fine, there is no error with the camera. Just some propellers errors.. they send me 6 propellers that I cant use, lucky I have my friend give me good propellers that I got a long time ago.

Lol.. having some camera errors, with a driffing camera.
2017-2-9
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

i got my first DJi P3 std on the 2nd and flew it for the very first time in beginner mode on the 5th and the RTH glitch put it down in a fiver http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R3TXNW1IMEMMMLL97BA1/#
they fixed the app on the 7th

i had done all the updates on the 3rd

so first drone first flight and gone forever
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Mort Posted at 2017-2-10 01:40
i got my first DJi P3 std on the 2nd and flew it for the very first time in beginner mode on the 5th and the RTH glitch put it down in a fiver http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/R3TXNW1IMEMMMLL97BA1/#
they fixed the app on the 7th

Contact DJI as they accepted they caused the error with the Go App 3.1.2 ver 581.
You may be able to claim for a replacement.
Your flight logs are on your SD card on your phone they would be able to see the data.
2017-2-10
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 02:33
Contact DJI as they accepted they caused the error with the Go App 3.1.2 ver 581.
You may be able to claim for a replacement.
Your flight logs are on your SD card on your phone they would be able to see the data.

Thanks I have already contacted them. Now it's just a waiting game but I’m still super bleak about the whole thing I've wanted one of these drones for a long time
2017-2-10
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Mort Posted at 2017-2-10 03:35
Thanks I have already contacted them. Now it's just a waiting game but I’m still super bleak about the whole thing I've wanted one of these drones for a long time

I just got mine end of January.  So been flying a little over 2 weeks.

A flight in fog this evening where I live.

2017-2-10
Use props
TANGOMIKE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522451 ft
Italy

Version 3.1.3 available on play store that fixes flyaway bug!
2017-2-10
Use props
Mort
lvl.1

South Africa

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-2-10 03:39
I just got mine end of January.  So been flying a little over 2 weeks.

A flight in fog this evening where I live.

Ok so DJI have checked my logs and are going to send me a replacement under warranty
2017-2-14
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Mort Posted at 2017-2-14 01:32
Ok so DJI have checked my logs and are going to send me a replacement under warranty

Great news.  I think you will be happy that you are getting a replacement.  DJI are not the bad company some claim them to be it seems.  PS I put on an Argtek Antenna on my so I assume that at least for RC I voided my warranty already.

This is my first drone, I bought this P3S to use and my crash and test for dummies unit.
2017-2-14
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Thanks.   Perhaps you could post in a few more threads this message as some people are claiming DJI does not care about them.
2017-2-14
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Still some issues with 3.1.3, like the horrible HERE maps.
2017-2-17
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

For about $25 you can purchase Litchi and have a much better flying experience. Litchi has much more to offer than DJI GO and it also has Google Maps!
2017-2-17
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

I know but does it affect warranty and DJI Care still good?
2017-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules