Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c_a_johnson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 432625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good Afternoone Everyone,

Today I went to update my I1Pro (a month old) and did so successfully. I updated the master RC and went to update the slave RC and I was unable to. The DJI app on my slave RC said that I need to update to 1.3 inorder to update the RC through the app. So i then installed 1.03 on a SD card and plugged it in and turned on the RC- it did not update. The text file generated said that it was aborted because "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller." I thought that was a little weird since the DJI app said that it wasnt at 1.3.

I then put 1.08 on the SD card and did the same thing. The RC did not update and generated the same text code "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller."

I then called DJI and the guy I spoke to said that all the remotes are 1.06... I looked at the about section on the RC through the APP and it shows it on 1.2.0.17..

So what the guy on the phone said was absolutely not true... He then told me to make it the master RC and then I would be able to update it through the app... Did that... and again i was unable to.. because its 1.2!!!

I made it the slave RC again and I still have full gimble control.. phew... anyway...

any suggestions on how I can get that RC updated????

Thanks!

2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Good afternoon!
Kindly please watch this video example of inspire I RC upgrade process:
If the original firmware version of your RC was 1.2, then you do need to upgrade it to 1.3 of Inspire 1(not Inspire pro webpage) firstly before upgrading it to the latest firmware version. (Make sure you've download the right firmware version from our official website: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads)
If the result of the upgrade shows information as you mentioned above ( "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller."), you may already upgrade the firmware successfully, please connect your RC to the mobile device with a good Internet connection under power-off status, turn on the RC and check the firmware version again. Meanwhile, please check if the DJI GO App will give you a warning of the latest firmware upgrade.
2016-4-13
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft

deleted comment
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules