Part 2 - My Inspire 1 Pro DJI Repair Service Experience
1443 2 2016-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jablinn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292300 ft
United States

04-12:  Today I received an e-mail with a Fed-ex tracking number indicating that my bird was on it's way back.  However, unlike the initial repair there was no description of what work was performed so I called DJI Customer Service.  The CS representative looked up my order and indicated that the only notes associated with the repair were as follows: "Zenmuse X5 is aging and damaged".  Quite candidly this floored me.  I purchased the Inspire 1 Pro on December 20th, 2015 so for the X5, a $2000.00 camera, to be described as "aging" after only 3 1/2 m is preposterous.  Furthermore, I paid DJI to fix the damage to the X5.  Unfortunately, I have lost confidence in DJI's ability to fix my bird.  I had structural damage as well and so I am very concerned because there is no room for error when repairing an aircraft and I am quite confident that DJI's leadership will agree.

04-08:  Just dropped the bird back at the Fed-ex station for delivery back to the DJI repair center in Carson, CA.   I did receive a follow up call from DJI Support which was appreciated.
Stay tuned.

04-08 - I spoke too soon :-(!   I received the bird and camera yesterday.    I then attempted the upgrade for the 4/7 firmware update.   From that point on I have received a No Signal error.   I spoke with Tech support twice this morning and was disconnected as soon as the tech realized that the solution was not working.  He asked that I downgrade the firmware from the 4/7 update on the remote which I did.   Apparently, the drone has to be updated first.   Regardless, I cannot update the bird with any firmware.  Nothing triggers the firmware update process (green/red blinking).   I assume at this point that the gimbal and camera may not have quality tested sufficiently before shipping.

Not happy!

04-07 - I1P was delivered today via Fed-ex.   It's raining so I haven't had an opportunity to take it up, but visually everything looks good, the camera, gimbal, and Quadcopter.  I attached the X5 and turned on the RC.  Everything looked good.   So short of post-op flight, I am going to say that DJI did me right, including the cost of the repairs and the turnaround time.   All very much appreciated!
04-04 - Quick update.  I received the quote on 04-01 and it was around $350.00 which I think is very reasonable for the extent of the damage.   I paid it immediately and I hope to have the drone back soon.  I can check the status of the repair online anytime.   

2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I am sorry you the experience you had. First off you should have been able to upgrade properly and I'm sorry it was giving you problems and you had to sent it back in.
I see that your Inspire is on it's way back to you.
Please let me know when you receive it as everything should be working properly.
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 10:54
I am sorry you the experience you had. First off you should have been able to upgrade properly and I ...

I have talked to management and they have emailed you an RMA.
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules