2712 38 2016-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
United States

Hey Legends,

I am facing the signal loss issue again n again on my P3S. I have update everything, on latest firmware and done everyhting by the book. My drone just refuses to fly above 150ft. Check the Screenshots and suggest what am i doing wrong?

Signal loss at 123ft.

Signal loss at 123ft.

loss at 97ft.

loss at 97ft.
2016-4-12
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

Please help guys! I don't want to send my P3S back to HK for repairs. DJI wont even bear the shipping costs
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

Anyone out there?
2016-4-13
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

are you flying directly overhead?  im sure your changing the antenna positions right if so?
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

dacofty Posted at 2016-4-13 19:24
are you flying directly overhead?  im sure your changing the antenna positions right if so?

Yes yes, i am changing the antenna position if its hovering overhead. Earlier it was not creating such a fuss. All this happened after that latest FW update.
2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

First off, you're in the United States.  If you have to send a Phantom in, it goes to California.  It's clear you're anxious to resolve this - but expecting an answer on a forum in less than a couple hours - especially at 0300 [in my time-zone] is unrealistic.  Now that you've had time to take a deep breath...

Is your Go app in beginner mode?
What is the maximum altitude you have programmed into your settings?

2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

knupla2 Posted at 2016-4-13 19:48
First off, you're in the United States.  If you have to send a Phantom in, it goes to California.  I ...

Hey,

I am based out of India (don't know why it shows US) and i have reached out to DJI support and they are asking to ship it to HK for repairs. I don't want to as i have to bear the costs plus the 2 weeks turnaround time.

Now the app -
No, its not on beginner mode.
Max altitude set is 500ft.
2016-4-13
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you absolutely sure you have the latest firmware on BOTH the aircraft and RC?
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

Tmygun Posted at 2016-4-13 20:43
Are you absolutely sure you have the latest firmware on BOTH the aircraft and RC?

It is Phantom 3 Standard so we have only one - All in one FW. No separate FW for remote, Camera and the craft.
2016-4-13
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

I would have to suggest that take off from another location. Somewhere else, it could be 5 houses down or 5 miles down. If you get the same results then it is the bird. If you get better results, then its your location. Could be some interference issues.
2016-4-13
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-13 08:55
It is Phantom 3 Standard so we have only one - All in one FW. No separate FW for remote, Camera an ...

Sorry.  My bad.
2016-4-13
Use props
noblerz903l
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776772 ft

You have to send it in, i just had to do the same because of the exact same issue but it returned with a new shell that was not put together properly, one of the front motors is mounted incorrectly, they gave me a new transmitter without a device holder, and one of the front motor mount screws is cross-threaded..  So if you do send it in for repair, do a thorough inspection of it when you get it back and dont even put a battery in it until you do a visual inspection.  As far as the signal loss problem, it shows they replace an esc control board $200usd and a new transmitter $108usd.  I still haven't put the battery in because its unsafe to fly.  Still waiting to hear back from DJI
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

noblerz903l Posted at 2016-4-13 21:02
You have to send it in, i just had to do the same because of the exact same issue but it returned wi ...

I don;t mind sending but they are not ready to bear the shipping costs. India to Hongkong shipping will cost me a bomb. Looks like i have to find someone local to do the handy job.

2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-13 06:37
Hey,

I am based out of India (don't know why it shows US) and i have reached out to DJI support a ...

Are you using iOS or Android?  If Android, I can't help but if it's iOS, I suggest you start by removing the GO app, restart the device and reinstall the GO app.  Do that with the controller and Phantom turned OFF.

Next, if that fails to correct the issue, I would roll the firmware back and start over.
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
India

knupla2 Posted at 2016-4-13 23:09
Are you using iOS or Android?  If Android, I can't help but if it's iOS, I suggest you start by re ...

" I would roll the firmware back and start over" - How to do that?
2016-4-13
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Rolling the firmware back will not help this issue.  Also,  many people do not seem to understand,  the app has no bearing at all on the range of ANY Phantom.  That is strictly an issue between the controller and the P3.  You do9 not even need the app to fly,  nor do you need a device to fly.  All Phantoms fly fine with no device at all. The device is used to set parameters and when first time used,  to register the Phantom.  I repeat,  the app and the device have nothing to do with range,  unless you are in beginner mode or have range limits set. If not in beginner mode and no limits set,  the problem is with your Standard.  And you are not alone.  The Standard is an entry level aircraft and the quality control on the production was not very good.  Many people report range being fine on the Standard.  Many other people report the same as the op.  Works great,  better than expected.  Then,  after a few flights,  or a firmware upgrade,  you can throw the aircraft farther than it will fly.  There have been many people,  myself included,  who have tried to fix this issue by adding range extenders,  etc.  The bottom line,  you need to return it if you want any chance of getting even the advertised range.  A stock P3 Standard claims 1 kilometer under ideal situation.    Most people who have this issue are lucky to get 300 feet,  no matter where they fly or how the antenna is pointed or any thing else.  It is a problem with the aircraft,  not the user.    You can do a search on P3 Standard range issues on many different forums and see the same kind of posts exactly.  There is way too much evidence to deny the problem.  Yet it always gets put off as user error.  I got so frustrated with it that I bought an Advanced,  which I love.  It will fly out over 4 kilometers whenever I want.
So if you want any chance of any range return it.  I'm not saying it will be fixed,  but at least you have a shot of it being fixed.
2016-4-13
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-13 12:05

Start here:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads
2016-4-13
Use props
jhaparth2006
New

India

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-13 23:35

Hey, I am facing the same problem and I am from India too.

Lets connect on gmail.

jhaparth2006@gmail.com
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
India

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-13 23:36
Rolling the firmware back will not help this issue.  Also,  many people do not seem to understand,   ...

Bro, i hear you, but that shot comes with a cost! I have already spent $500+ taxes on this cute paper weight. Now they are saying to ship it all the way to China for repairs and they want me to pay for the shipping costs. I t will cost me a huge sum of money! I've heard the repair horror stories from other forum members. I guess i have to find someone locally in India to fix it or sell it so that i can recover some cost
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
India

knupla2 Posted at 2016-4-13 23:50
Start here:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads

Let me have a go at this..Thanks!
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
India

jhaparth2006@gm Posted at 2016-4-14 01:04
Hey, I am facing the same problem and I am from India too.

Lets connect on gmail.

Sure man, where are you based out of? I am in Mumbai.
2016-4-13
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-13 21:08
Bro, i hear you, but that shot comes with a cost! I have already spent $500+ taxes on this cute pa ...

Well, good luck to you and if you find a fix that does not involve modifications to the remote or the aircraft,  please post it. I have taken my Standard apart,  checked all the solder connections and components for visible defects with no luck.  I suspect the problem is in the aircraft rather than the remote due to observed symptoms.   
If you can,  I really suggest you upgrade to an Advanced.  They are much cheaper now,  the technology is pretty well stable,  and I can guarantee you will not be disappointed with the performance.  I am still thrilled with mine.  My poor Standard is just collecting dust now.

2016-4-13
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Upload your flight log to HealthyDrones then share the result back here so we can see the information contained in the aircraft's black box.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Try to adjust the antenna and choose another place to take off. If it still triggers RTH in a short distance , it would be better to send it back to our service center.
2016-4-13
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 15:09
Try to adjust the antenna and choose another place to take off. If it still triggers RTH in a short  ...

I am ready to send it for repairs but why do i have to bear the shipping costs? I have done nothing wrong. I have already spent $500+ and you want me to spend another $50-100 just for shipping? Not fair...
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-14 16:09
I am ready to send it for repairs but why do i have to bear the shipping costs? I have done nothin ...

Could you leave me you RMA number?
2016-4-14
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 16:13

What's RMA number? I can give you the invoice, craft SN number...
2016-4-14
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 16:13

is this what you are looking for? CAS-120364-W8S8J5
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-14 16:17
is this what you are looking for? CAS-120364-W8S8J5

Yes this is the case number. We are working on your case.
2016-4-14
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 16:28

But sally from your team said that i have to bear the costs! Please look into it. It will be very expensive for me sending the drone to China/HK from India. Please help!
2016-4-14
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-14 16:28

Any update here?
2016-4-14
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I'm afraid you'll have to be more patient than that.  It's a forum, not customer support.

I do sympathise though regarding shipping costs.  I hit the same wall with my P3P.  You would think they'd look at & analyse the flight records to see what's actually happening before asking you to pay for shipping.  Then they should at least offer to reimburse you if a fault is found.  As you say, you've done nothing wrong, other than buy their product in good faith.
2016-4-14
Use props
jacquesjeanjean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182283 ft
France

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-14 15:01
I'm afraid you'll have to be more patient than that.  It's a forum, not customer support.

I do sy ...

P3S owner in France, only started this two month ago.
since upgrading to P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin experiencing the pbm of signal loss at either 30 meters high or 70/80 meters away.  Before that, I was able to reach the height and distance limits and was then getting a warning msg telling that I had reached a limit and that I should upgrade this limit if I wanted to fly beyond.
I have tried to downgrade to previous FW version, same pbm, now I have upgraded again, pbm remains. I have noticed that althought I received the correct msg on the DJI GO app on my Android telling that update was finished and was successful, the log report on the sd card is as follows:
========== 2016.04.14 14:57:31 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
as if upgrading were still in progress ?!
When I restart/reconnect/relink etc... the FW version is reported ok on the DJI GO app.

Thanks for comments,
2016-4-14
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-14 21:01

I do sy ...

I just hope someone from the DJI team consider my request and do something about it. I cannot live with a sub-standard product for which i paid $500 bucks!
2016-4-14
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

varunnahar Posted at 2016-4-15 00:18
I just hope someone from the DJI team consider my request and do something about it. I cannot live ...

Have you uploaded your flight log to Healthy Drones yet as requested earlier?  Someone on the forum might be able to offer some advice after looking at your telemetry.
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Unfortunately,according to our warranty policy,customers are responsible for the shipping costs:
保修政策.JPG
If you want more details of our after-sales policy,please click:http://www.dji.com/service
2016-4-15
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-15 17:16
Unfortunately,according to our warranty policy,customers are responsible for the shipping costs ...

I already know that. The shipping would cost me around $150-200. That's almost half the cost of the drone man...Well all i can say is that i have burnt my hands by purchasing a DJI product.
2016-4-15
Use props
e.affonso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-14 02:06
Rolling the firmware back will not help this issue.  Also,  many people do not seem to understand,   ...

He is not really talking about range but rather talking about signal lost in the application. So it is the interface that is showing him the problem in first place.

During one of the upgrades I made, I had a similar problem. The fact was that the controller was not with the latest firmware as the aircraft. Once done that properly, all went back to normal.

So, if everything was fine before, it does not cost much to downgrade it and see if it works fine again.

Cheers.
2016-4-15
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

e.affonso@orang Posted at 2016-4-15 06:13
He is not really talking about range but rather talking about signal lost in the application. So i ...

The OP reported Signal lost,  aircraft is returning to home.  That is certainly a range issue.  The application being turned off will not cause rth.  As long as you have a green light on the controller, then the controller and the aircraft are communicating.  If you get a red light while flying,  then you have lost contact with the Phantom,  and within 3 seconds it will initiate an automatic rth.  Rth  is triggered only by 3 conditions that I am aware of.  User initiated,  low battery and signal loss.  Loss of fpv video signal will not trigger rth.  Only loss of control signal.  The application gets its information from the controller via the wifi on a Standard.  While an incompatable or poorly performing device can display no signal on the app,  it will not initiate a rth unless the aircraft and the r/c stop communicating.
2016-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules