Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New fw = still slow like the P3
1072 8 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

So i updated everything no issues after flying 4 batts. But the thing that suck it is sloooooow and its 15c today will i get my original power when it gets warmer or not??? kinda suck my P3P is almost as fast lol i thought we would get the power back with warmer days "battery sensor reading"
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

If I understand correctly, do you mean that your battery charges itself slowly?
In cold weather, you'd better warm up the battery first so that it can perform well.
2016-4-15
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

I think they were referring to the top flight speed which i agree is disappointing that its still much slower than it was compared to last year when with my Inspire 1 with TB48 Battery and No Wind, i could reach a topped of 68mph in any direction, North, South East or West, Now its hard enough getting to 40-45mph plus if your flying into a light wind, its more like 20mph, where as last years older FW even if flying into the wind in GPS Mode you could get into the 40's, and with a tail wind you could cruise as fast as 70-75mph....
2016-4-16
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-16 01:14
If I understand correctly, do you mean that your battery charges itself slowly?
In cold weather, you ...

lol battery charges itself? @Cloudchaser knows exactly what im talking about.
2016-4-16
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1

Westwoodfilms.c Posted at 2016-4-16 19:10
lol battery charges itself? @Cloudchaser knows exactly what im talking about.

I'm on the same page bud, been wanting and wishing they would just give us back the speed and potential we paid thousands for. Since it was perfectly fine once before, and loved it, yet they took it away... So sad..
2016-4-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

There are a lot of these threads but I can't emphasise enough how important the speed of the Inspire 1 is/was to many of the buyers...
2016-4-16
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1

Hterag Posted at 2016-4-17 14:37
There are a lot of these threads but I can't emphasise enough how important the speed of the Inspire ...

Agreed, but not because we want to race them, we are having a hard time just keeping up with our Moving Subjects in order to film and take action Photos that is our Jobs. Theres nothing more annoying to be going at a good rate of speed i.e. 35mph, and because of the FW throttling back our speed suddenly we're faced with a slow 18mph machine losing the shot that makes our wallets full at the end of the day..

How would you explain to a client that you can get the job done the way they expected you to do it 6 months ago, as they're standing there asking you whats wrong with your Inspire 1 as you have 2 more of them on standby on the ground just incase, but know they'll do the same. Cant tell the stunt driver to go slower when they take the jump can you???? Please fix this, let us use our equipment the way it was intended......
2016-4-17
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I'm just catching wind of this since I noticed how slow my Inspire 1Pro was going.  The specs claim that it can go 40mph in no wind.  I can confirm that this is not possible or likely ( I did several tests today and I was able to get up to 35mph for a split second).  Maybe if there is a wind drift but not under normal conditions.  As well, some people say they got there drone up to 70mph in Atti mode??  Is this for real?   Like I said in another thread, I was trying to compare my two I1's , one with update and one without, however DJI is forcing a firmware update so no dice.  
A drone (Inspire 1 Pro) that goes 30-32 mph (average speed full throttle) and a drone that goes 45-50 mph,  are two completely different drones.  I'm not joking when saying I would like to return one of my I1's for a faster drone, since most of my work is in action sports.  
2016-4-27
Use props
sanvi61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3455 ft
Spain

It can not be that benefits will be less than every update.
Let's see if they change strategy.
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules