Connecting iPad Air to phantom 3 advanced?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hi,

Been using the unit fine with my iPhone 6s.

Bought a non sim iPad Air, downloaded the app but when I plug it n to controller all I get is instuction on how to connect to controller. I can never actually get in to see the camera etc.

Everything has the latest version, re installed app but nothing yet it works fine the iPhone - what's going wrong?

TYIA

2016-4-16
Use props
frank.dellaert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Is your Wi-Fi enabled and having an Internet Connection ?
2016-4-16
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-16 14:21
Is your Wi-Fi enabled and having an Internet Connection ?

Yes the wifi is on and connected fine
2016-4-17
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Problem still not resolved.

Dji blaming Apple surprisingly despite being able to move the camera when in the app
2016-4-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Similar issue with iPad Mini 2.  Was working completely fine with the DJI GO app 2.7.1.  Auto update brought it to 2.7.2 and now nothing on the screen.. In the meantime my iPhone 6 works fine and it's on 2.7.2.  :-(  Tried multiple cables, tried a restore from a back up to 2.7.1, nothing..  Seems dead (the app).  I can control the aircraft gimbal, etc.  Just nothing but a no connection message with the app on the iPad Mini..  Killing me that it was working fine.  I'm still on 1.7 fw, again all was well with 2.7.1..

Jay S.
2016-4-24
Use props
nick.pedigreepr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am pretty appalled at Dji over this. Blaming it all on Apple does seem convienient.

They seem to release an update for something every week at  the moment, I can never just grab the kit and go for fear of an update being released on route the the site and it refusing to fly.

Like apple, why can't they bring updates out which aren't essential to use the product but may improve it if you want?

Sometimes if it ain't broke dont fixit!!!
Several friends have asked about getting one, I told them not to as software platform was not perfected
2016-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules