Crappy app
2353 29 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

I don’t understand. Last night I go for a flight and everything works great. This morning I wanted to get a shot of the sunrise. I fire up the RC, take the drone outside and turn it on. Open the app and it says not connected. Turn off the bird. Turn it back on. Turn off the RC and turn it back on. Close the app. Open the app. Still nothing. Cuss at it. Hit it with a hammer. Still nothing. Come back in to read the boards to find out how others have fixed the issue. Of course can’t find a good post right away. Open the manual. All it says is push ‘connect’ in the app. I do that and it just sits there. I’m really aggravated by now. Go to pull the iPad out of the holder and realize the cable isn’t plugged in. finally got it to work again by plugging it in. Why can’t the app just tell you it’s not plugged in? What a crappy app. None of my other apps like text and email even require a cable. I can’t believe the incompetence of these engineers. So anyway I finally get in the air, point to the east and the sun is already up and blinding my shot. Why can’t they send some sort of filter on the camera to let you get a good picture of the sun? I tried duct tape but that just made everything else dark too. I’m taking it back.
2016-4-16
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

I bought a toaster, put bread in it and nothing happened. I tried everything, i pressed every button, turned every knob, I even removed and reinserted the bread on numerous occasions.
Three days later I found that I never plugged the darn thing in, I plugged it in and can you believe it, it toasted the bread.
WHY can't the thing just tell me that it wasn't plugged in, I'm taking this POS back.

You got to be kidding!!!
2016-4-16
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Not sure why the duct tape didn't work for you. lol
2016-4-16
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

There is an update for the DJI Go app. Try updating and retry
2016-4-16
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Australia

tpallai Posted at 2016-4-17 00:27
There is an update for the DJI Go app. Try updating and retry

All the updates in the world won't fix an unplugged USB cable .
2016-4-16
Use props
frank.dellaert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

If you read this post you MUST have a lot of compassion for the DJI-reps that get this kind of these "everything-and-everybody-is-at-fault-except-me"-messages maybe a hundred times a day.
For the record: I hope the author meant this post as a joke on himself because if not, it is. :-)
2016-4-16
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I once bought a chain saw,  because the guy at the store told me I could cut 4 cords of wood a day with it.  I brought it back the next day,  because I only managed to cut 1/4 of 1 cord.  The salesman said he would check it out.  He pulled on this handle I had not noticed and the saw suddenly made a hell of a lot of noise.  You can bet I insisted on getting my money back.  What a rip off.
2016-4-16
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

frank.dellaert Posted at 2016-4-16 23:22
If you read this post you MUST have a lot of compassion for the DJI-reps that get this kind of these ...

Oh yes. Indeed.
2016-4-16
Use props
ggoodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crappy Phantom 4 is not worth the money, it only does twice as much as my S1000+ that I got 15K tied up in. I wish I would have got it at the Apple store so I could get my money back.

Edit-

Oh, and thanks a lot for the crappy $178 in credit, it should have been more.

Edit again-

And my crappy avatar does not even look like my crappy Phantom 4. What's up with that DJI? That's crappy!!!
2016-4-16
Use props
motocam
New

HILARIOUS (and embarrassingly ironic) POST!
Had I not seen this thread, my girlfriend would have been the only one to see me exercise this exact idiotic move myself this afternoon. That's a mistake you only make once. At least I figured it out before calling DJI.
2016-4-16
Use props
stevehudson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 722 ft
Canada

I can't believe I'm reading this.
2016-4-16
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this post real, is this the same guy that wanted to know if GPS was turned off at night
2016-4-16
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Exib Posted at 2016-4-17 14:52
Is this post real, is this the same guy that wanted to know if GPS was turned off at night

I don't understand.., not only is the app crappy, so is the phantom...! Last time I tried to fly, my phantom app app kept on saying motor overload or motor over speed. Why didn't it say no props on, because I forgot to put on the propellers!!!!!....it's certainly not my fault!!!
2016-4-16
Use props
NickTony
lvl.1

Australia

You blame DJI for the sun blinding your shots because you couldn't get it all set up in time for the sunrise?! You seriously need some education in not only how to operate a drone, but also how to take good photographs of the sun. There are a range of ND filters you can BUY from the DJI Store that enable this. Just stunned by this post!
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Well i'm glad you figured it out   if you think that  shooting adainst the sun is too bright you probably have to learn some basic stuff about the photography and post production. You can easily create a nice sunset photograph using the HDR technique. Check my aricle about it and some user's works down in the comments  http://forum.dji.com/thread-36401-1-1.html
2016-4-17
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

The best way to illustrate absurdity is with absurdity. I was pretty sure the 'hit it with a hammer' would have been a big enough hint but for those who might actually believe, I am making fun of me for missing the cable (1st time in 30 hrs of flying) and mostly of all these idiots that post the insane insults towards DJI and/or ridiculous questions and rants that flood these boards. It's maddening some days.

And no, not the same guy as the GPS question. I already know it doesn't work at night because the P4 doesn't have infrared cameras on the front. It can't see the seatlelights at night. Didn't you read the manual???
2016-4-17
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Australia

dirtdroner Posted at 2016-4-17 21:37
The best way to illustrate absurdity is with absurdity. I was pretty sure the 'hit it with a hammer' ...

Hahaha, now that I know you're taking the piss. I can read this and have a laugh without banging my head on the desk.

Going out now to confirm night vision GPS functionality!

P.S I might just keep that toaster now{:3_48:}
2016-4-17
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

LOL
Would you like the App to wake you up in the morning and start your toaster ?
2016-4-17
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Australia

GQ. Posted at 2016-4-17 22:59
LOL
Would you like the App to wake you up in the morning and start your toaster ?

Yes please!!{:3_52:}But it has to plug it in first!
2016-4-17
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hmmm, which tired old cliche to use...

It is a poor workman who blames his tools.

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

2016-4-17
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

Oh, and one more thing. In all the off-the-wall, bonehead threads I've seen on here, and all the nasty name calling I've seen directed to the DJI folks I've never seen even once where the DJI people got out of line. The crap they put up with is amazing. I don't know how they do it. Always trying their best to be helpful and understanding. That shows real class. Even to my open DJI-Tim is trying to help. Well actually did help. I'm not a photography guy, I'm a play with toys guy. I really didn't know there were ways to photo the sun without fancy Hubble Telescope type stuff. Tim, I will read your article. I might just learn something. Much appreciated.
2016-4-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

dirtdroner Posted at 2016-4-17 04:37
The best way to illustrate absurdity is with absurdity. I was pretty sure the 'hit it with a hammer' ...

You have to remember,  us Muricans have a sort of different sense of humor.  I recognized right away that it was a joke post, as you may be able to tell from my first reply.  But there are people from all over the world on here, and many of them have English as a second language, thus may not get the nuances of our humor.  I'm sure no one really intended to insult you,  just they did not get the humor.  I occasionally post similar content and get a similar response.  Nothing personal.
2016-4-17
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

"Word Perfect Technical support; may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect."

"What sort of trouble?"

"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."

"Went away?"

"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

"Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?"

"How do I tell?"

"Can you see the C:\ prompt on the screen?"

"What's a sea-prompt?"

"Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"

"There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type."

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"

"What's a monitor?"

"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"

"I don't know."

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"

....."Yes, I think so."

"Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."

....."Yes, it is."

"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"

"No."

"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."

....."Okay, here it is."

"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."

"I can't reach it."

"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"

"No."

"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"

"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle-it's because it's dark."

"Dark?"

"Yes-the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."

"Well, turn on the office light then."

"I can't."

"No? Why not?"

"Because there's a power outage."

"A power... A power outage? Aha! Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"

"Well, yes. I keep them in the closet."

"Good! Go get them and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."

"Really! Is it that bad?"

"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"

"Tell them you're too stupid to own a computer."
2016-4-17
Use props
Flyboy15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34688 ft
United States

No amount of engineering can fix stupid. Preflight check may have helped. Go ahead and return you're Phantom, you're dangerous.
2016-4-17
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
United States

Oh this so much fun!  These boards need a light hearted thread or two once in a while.

I didn't think about the cultural differences Kneepuck but you're right. It's fascinating because I thought sure everyone would pick up on it right away but when DJI Tim chimed in without having the luxury of calling me a brain fart I figured I better spell it out. Last thing I want to do is lead those guys down a rabbit hole. They have enough [b]real[b] idiots to deal with as it is. I was going to ad that when I took the duct tape off it left sticky stuff on the lense and after cleaning that up with carburetor cleaner all my videos are fuzzy so that's why I'm returning it. I figured that'd be too far over the top though. FLY ON!!
2016-4-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

dirtdroner Posted at 2016-4-17 15:28
Oh this so much fun!  These boards need a light hearted thread or two once in a while.

I didn't th ...

Yup,  it would have been.  And the funny part is,  despite my confidence in us Muricans to get the humor,  I see some have actually responded as if it were a serious post.  Maybe they are transplants.  We can but hope.
2016-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I'm a bit late here, what have I missed?
I was out sniffing carburettor cleaner.
2016-4-17
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-17 16:07

That's an activity I participate in often.  It's best if you squirt a little in your eye.  You get a real rush out of that.  To the garden hose.
2016-4-17
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-18 07:07

I find its best to do that just after freshly mowing the lawn, you don't have to rush into the shed to get some, it's easly available on the mower itself. Besides your u can just lie down, on the freshly cut grass, because for some strange reason it gets into my legs and makes them like jelly.
Just don't do it before you mow the lawn. I once did that and later found that together with the lawn, I'd also managed to neatly clip my toenails.
2016-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-4-18 09:46
I find its best to do that just after freshly mowing the lawn, you don't have to rush into the shed ...

Yeah, our lawnmower does use that stuff, in fact he uses anything he can get.

2016-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules