671 3 2016-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gadgetrip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25525 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I'm having some real problems setting up my Phantom 4.  Sounds like it should be easy but it just isnt working for me.
Unboxed everything etc. etc. Flight battery fully charged (press button, all lights light up. Charged controller (again all lights light up).
Tried switching on controller, nothing, tried all different forms of button pressing and now it has switched on (although it now won't switch off no matter how long or short the button presses and every so often bleeps). But battery in the Phantom held for 2 seconds.........nothing. The battery lights up then goes out, nothing happens on the Phantom at all.
Connected phone to controller (says it's connected although it didn't seem to take me through a 1st time activation) but says Phantom isn't connected.
Sorry, a long post I know but I'm really at a loss. Any ideas?
2016-4-16
Use props
davidson_g
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

The key to switching on and off the Phantom and the remote is to give their power buttons a brief press (say half a second) release the button and then press and hold the button again for about 2 seconds.

Hope that works for you.
2016-4-16
Use props
gadgetrip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25525 ft
United Kingdom

davidson_g Posted at 2016-4-16 16:59
The key to switching on and off the Phantom and the remote is to give their power buttons a brief pr ...

Spot on, worked a treat.
Thank you so much!!
2016-4-16
Use props
davidson_g
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

gadgetrip Posted at 2016-4-16 18:04
Spot on, worked a treat.
Thank you so much!!

Glad I could help!