Various Questions Regarding Return to Home
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gkasznia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232064 ft
United States

Hi I have a few questions that I have not been able to clear up by searching online.

1) If the app force closes/I receive a phone call/the phone/tablet turns off..... what will the drone do? will it return to home as the failsafe selection?

2)If the drone loses connection/I press return to home, do I have any control over the drone with the sticks? For example if the drone is returing home because I pressed the RTH button will my sticks do anything?
2016-4-16
Use props
TJ10
lvl.2

Canada

1. Yes, it will return home if it loses connection (your phone turns off say)
2. I don't think you'll have any control until you get your connection back. If your phone turns off, i think the RC controls will still  work, but if ur RC loses connection, you'll have to wait for it to get back into range to control it again
2016-4-16
Use props
gkasznia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232064 ft
United States

Thanks let me just get a little more specific

1) if the accidently press home on the app and go to my homescreen what will the drone do?

2) if i press RTH and move the control sticks will the drone do anything? will it continue to return to home? assuming i have full connection
2016-4-16
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't need a mobile device to fly your aircraft. It will fly safely without one! You won't be able to see FPV, but that won't be a problem if your aircraft is in your line of sight (LOS). If you feel that you cannot fly it without the FPV click and hold the RTH button untill it beeps (about three seconds) It will come home. If you loose RC connection with the aircraft (not to be confused with video connection) and you are no longer able to control the A/C through your RC, the failsaft will kick in and RTH will be automatic without any input by you. Just remember...your mobile does not connect to the A/C....it connects to the RC and displays A/C and flight status the RC receives from the A/C.  
2016-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules