DJI GO APP v 2.72 erroneous information display
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrismeister
lvl.1

Canada

I'm not sure about the latest DJI GO APP v 2.72, it doesn't instill a lot of confidence, especially if it affects the reliability and truth during legal issues and / or a dispute. I do not fly over 400 feet, I do not fly in super high winds, so I'm not believing the indicated 53.6 MPH, even if I did get a tail wind. I have never been to the Coast of Ghana at 0.00, 0.00, I suspect these are all related to the same GPS issue.

What does Growth of Value mean?

I mean, if it can't display accurate and correct information, I'd rather it not be used at all, especially if displayed so prominantly.

I have an iPad mini which I updated, I will not update my iPad air because of this. Any one out there run into similar situation?

DJIFRAME GRAB IMG_0002.jpg
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, the growth of value is  similar to your flight experience. You can also check the top altitude and top speed in the  corresponding flight record.
2016-4-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It would not be of any use to you in a legal issue, as it is not admissible evidence. The bit about Ghana seems to be cropping up again and again, it means there was a glitch in the GPS reading that turned up co-ordinates with all zero values, which just happens to correspond to a point just south of Ghana in the ocean.

With regard to the speed issue, it is quite possible you flew with a high tailwind of that speed, the GPS speed measurement is actually quite accurate. Don't forget, the winds 100 feet off the ground may be way higher than at ground level.

2016-4-17
Use props
joshhill
lvl.2

United States

Ok the speed may be accurate but what about the altitude? That one is incorrect on mine as well. Does not match the corresponding flight record. The only thing I can think is that it adds all the altitude rises together from one flight ??? Any one have the answer ??
2016-4-17
Use props
chrismeister
lvl.1

Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-18 02:36
It would not be of any use to you in a legal issue, as it is not admissible evidence. The bit about  ...

I can understand what you are saying, but showing auto recorded records can totally reinforce ones' position in a dispute before it escalates . Any documentation that supports a position gives it a stronger case.
2016-5-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chrismeister Posted at 2016-5-17 00:24
I can understand what you are saying, but showing auto recorded records can totally reinforce ones ...

Against who? The data appears to be so unreliable, the lawyers on the orther side of a case would tear this evidence to shreds.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules