Just Starting Off.
771 5 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike.wilding.46
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,
Just starting off and selecting my Drone and other supporting equipment and would just like to ask for some advice from all you experienced chaps.
Will be ordering my Drone during the week, I have decide to go for the Phantom 4 and the deal that gives me the three batteries, one in the drone and two spares , plus a couple of spare sets of blades. (any other advice on other bits I may need)? I will also be getting a new Apple tablet. My present one is an old I pad and needs replacing. So I am thinking of going for the Apple iPad Mini 3 3rd Gen 16GB Wi-Fi 7.9" I hope this would be OK, any other ideas just let me know, hopefully before end of week as need to get the order in.
After  35 years in commercial helicopters and spending the last years managing company training I am approaching this project as I would a new type rating, overkill I know but hell I am 70 retired and looking for a new hobby.
Well Thanks in advance and look forward to your advice and I expect comments.
I will be putting my training program together and if anyone is interested make available, will include the needed legal stuff and legislation, European.

Many thanks.

Mike

2016-4-18
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

Looks like you have it all under control. Only other thing that would be nice it something to transport it in.
2016-4-18
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Welcome to the club!
We have tons and tons of videos to help you with your new venture as well as many drone fans here to help you along they way.

Since you are an experienced pilot, I am sure you will be very cautious and learn everything you can before trying to fly into the skie too far.
{:3_48:}
2016-4-18
Use props
mike.wilding.46
New

United Kingdom

evsjas Posted at 2016-4-18 20:56
Looks like you have it all under control. Only other thing that would be nice it something to transp ...

Many thanks, will look at cool case.
2016-4-18
Use props
mike.wilding.46
New

United Kingdom

microcyb Posted at 2016-4-18 20:56
Welcome to the club!
We have tons and tons of videos to help you with your new venture as well as ma ...

Thanks and will keep you all posted.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Welcome! My suggestion is that you can also take a sunshade for the tablet in consideration.
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules