Phantom 3- best IPad version?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnysworld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2156 ft
United States

Can't see screen well enough on IPhone will purchase IPad mini, but which version and processer necessary. Will only be used for flying Phantom 3.
2016-4-18
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

I got a used iPad Mini 2 (with cellular to get GPS - wireless only doesn't have GPS).  Love the display size to fly with...

Jay S.
2016-4-18
Use props
Paconurmi
lvl.1
United States

I also use an iPad mini 2.  It doesn't pick up as much glare as a full-sized iPad.  I got it for $200 on a Best Buy deal of the day.
2016-4-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

I have an iPad Air 2 that just barely fits in the holder, but works great. Be sure to get GPS like Jay said otherwise you'll miss out on some functionality like "Follow Me" or anything else that requires the P3 to know where your smart device is.  Happy Flying!

Barney
2016-4-18
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

I was going to use my iPhone 6 plus but decided to splurge for a new iPad mini 3. I have the 128GB that was on sale from Best Buy for $399 and it has worked like a charm. I did try one of those anti-glare screens but I ended up taking it off because it seemed to make it a little harder and not easier to see. I have the Phantom 3 Advanced.

2016-4-18
Use props
SFGiants24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394524 ft

United States

Not the same question again.................please, search the forum. This question has been asked many,many many...................many times
2016-4-18
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

P3p with mini 2 cellular
2016-4-18
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

SFGiants24 Posted at 2016-4-19 07:58
Not the same question again.................please, search the forum. This question has been asked m ...

Geeeeeeeeeze
2016-4-19
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

I'm looking into getting the iPad Pro 9.7". I've read that it does the best in outdoors/sunny conditions.
2016-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules