Video of Riviera Beach, Malta
703 4 2016-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reubenphotograp
New

Malta

Last few days I've been flying around my new DJI Phantom 4 and getting comfortable with. While doing so I captured some lovely footage of my favourite beach, Riviera. Here is a little short movie I did with the little something I managed to capture.

Would love some flying, settings and editing tips.

Thanks

2016-4-18
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha reuben,

Somehow, I missed this one.  I can see why it is your favorite beach.  Great choice in music, who are they?  In the US, Wilson Phillips had that sound way back when.  I miss it.

The only suggestion I would make is to slow down your PANs.  Even a P4 can only provide so much shutter with so fast a PAN.  It makes the video jerky.  Dedicate one battery to just practicing PANs and then evaluate the video and you will see what I mean.  If you want to do a dedicated PAN, use Point of Interest IOC option, but instead of pointing the camera down, point the camera straight across.  Use a radius of 15 or more meters and a slow rotation of 5 or 6 kilometers per hour to start and then adjust speed to see the effect on the video recording.  

For any given speed, using this technique, POI to PAN, you will learn that the longer your radius for the POI, the slower the rotation.  And if you turn the camera to face out, again at any given speed, you will see that the PAN is faster.  This will teach you about filming inside and outside rotations.

After practicing your PANs for a while, you will learn the secret of smooth PANs.  You will find yourself saying to yourself, "Oops, that was too fast" or "I could have gone faster on that one".  Then it will be worth your while to do it again and get just the footage you want.

You do good work.  Keep it up!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nice video! Thanks for sharing!
2016-4-27
Use props
groovy100
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3140876 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hello! I was wondering if you know what the regulations are for flying drones like the Phantom in Malta?

I want to visit as a tourist for a few days and thought of bringing along the Phantom 3.

Thanks!
2016-5-16
Use props
ricky7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

cool place man

is there where u live?
2016-6-19
Use props
Advanced