Inpire 1 vs v.2
2611 15 2016-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
siep
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello,

Still I am a nooby, and very short time user of a P3A....but now I see the Inspire 1 for a nice price (2800) and I am thinking seriously
about it.
Are there some things to consider regarding the options of a V 2.0 or look for the P4. Or even stay with the P3A a little longer.
Reliability and camera quality are important. Maybe even a grow to the X5??

Looking for thoughts.
Thanks

Siep

2016-4-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I think You should stay a bit longer with the advanced and if camera quality  is what you really want go with the Inspire 1 Pro  with the  X5R  .   Now if you are New to RC completely I would stay at least another 6 months to a year with what you have.  BUT if you have been flying RC for several years and understand instinctively  you left from your rights while in a nose in Hover  , you could jump to the Inspire V2 anytime you want.  As far as the Phantom 4 is concerned you are never going to get a better camera for that aircraft and I don't think you should jump from  a Phantom advanced to the  P4, the next jump for you is  getting your feet wet with the Inspire 1 V2 with the X3 camera  and then bumping to the Camera upgrade X5R .  I think I would do that, go to the I1v2 with the standard X3 camera , get some flight time in and then just bump to the X5R.   By then the camera should drop some in price or get a used one from somebody who had more money than photography skill and realized they were in over there head with that camera.

My 2 cents

donnie
2016-4-20
Use props
siep
lvl.2

Netherlands

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-20 20:18
I think You should stay a bit longer with the advanced and if camera quality  is what you reall ...

Hello Donnie,

Your'e 2 cents are worth a lot to me.

Thanks
Siep
2016-4-20
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi Siep,

If camera quality is your main driver, then the only significant upgrade is to go with the X5.
In real terms, there's not that much difference between image quality of the P3 and x3 cams.

If flight characteristics are important to you, then it's a completely different conversation.
2016-4-20
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

If you do get an Inspire...I'd say check out the v1 over the v2.  IT's a lot cheaper now, and it's got the same things with just minor upgrades that don't justify the price.

Either way, Donnie won't steer you wrong, but my .02 is that you don't go with the v2, as the upgraded motors and so fourth are not worth the extra cost.  Check out this video...he really breaks it down.

2016-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I owned both the V1 and V2  just sold the V1. IMO I really do not see much difference. I am only using the X3 camera and this could be the reason.

I have been around and also have the P3P and P4. Again IMO, the Inspire X3 camera is better and the Inspire is much more steady in higher winds.

Rich
2016-4-20
Use props
siep
lvl.2

Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-21 02:49
I owned both the V1 and V2  just sold the V1. IMO I really do not see much difference. I am only usi ...

Thank you all,

One question remains. If I should go for the Inspire v1 and decide to get the X5 (or R) later, is that an option or is only the v2 suitable for a camera upgrade?

Siep
2016-4-20
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

siep Posted at 2016-4-21 06:23
Thank you all,

One question remains. If I should go for the Inspire v1 and decide to get the X5 ( ...

Both are officially suitable for the X5 but the main difference is the camera mount. You can replace the one that comes with the V1 and the new one will let you use either the X3 or X5 camera.

Basically, if you get the V2 you already have the X5 mount (but the X3 camera) and if you get the V1, you'd need to get the X5 mount separately in addition to the X5 camera. I'd recommend getting the X5 mount in any case, though. It makes it more stable when moving sideways left and right and mine had a weird issue where fast ascents would cause the camera to wobble left and right very quickly, the X5 mount prevents that.
EDIT: This is the X5 mount I'm talking about: http://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5-vibration-absorbing-board
2016-4-21
Use props
siep
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hterag Posted at 2016-4-21 11:47
Both are officially suitable for the X5 but the main difference is the camera mount. You can replac ...

Thanks,

Siep
2016-4-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Siep, just to add to what the other members have said, keep in mind the Inspire 1 V 2 has larger motors as well.  If you Plan on going to the X5R you will want this extra Power.  
  My" 2 more cents"  so I am giving you my "4 cents" worth of advise!

donnie

2016-4-21
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

Oh, there's also the fact that the V2.0 is supposed to be the T601 model which has the GL658C remote and so more range (5km vs. 3km) but in most countries that's illegal anyway and in many countries the output power is limited, too...
2016-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

siep Posted at 2016-4-20 22:23
Thank you all,

One question remains. If I should go for the Inspire v1 and decide to get the X5 ( ...

If you are planning to upgrade to the X series camera, then you should strongly consider the V2 version. I know that both V1 and V2 can handle the X5 camera's but DJI had a reason to improve the motors.

Rich
2016-4-21
Use props
siep
lvl.2

Netherlands

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-21 18:15
If you are planning to upgrade to the X series camera, then you should strongly consider the V2 ve ...

So good to know, thank you guys.
To make my story compleet:
I just started (had it for 3 days) with the P3A and it fell into the water (not my fault) . DJI is giving me a new one, that hopefully will arrive tomorrow, because next week I got a lot of time and  want to shoot a lot of footage.
Now there's a big chance the P3A will be a new one in box giving me the opportunity to sell it, completely unused. And I really am looking towards the Inspire. What are you guys advising, should I unbox the P3A and learn to fly better. Or should, I as a beginner start with the Inspire.. and sell the P3A 'unopened ' What would you do?

thanks for any input,
Siep

2016-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

siep Posted at 2016-4-21 10:46
So good to know, thank you guys.
To make my story compleet:
I just started (had it for 3 days) with ...

Wow that's a tough question. If you have experience with RC and other aircraft then the Inspire would be a easy transition. If you do not have any experience then maybe you should keep the P3 and practice / enjoy this one first. I am sure you will get some other opinions on this. I just sold my Inspire 1 V1 to a friend that has plenty of RC experience (jets, boats, cars) and he is doing great with the aircraft. I guess it really depends on you and how you feel about putting the high cost into the air risking everything  

We are all different

Rich
2016-4-21
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

Hterag Posted at 2016-4-21 23:48
Oh, there's also the fact that the V2.0 is supposed to be the T601 model which has the GL658C remote ...

That is correct, I bought an Inspire 1 V2.0 and its is a True T601 Model, with all the proper hardware upgrades, markings and Data. Remote is the newest Version with the increased power over the older ones..

I also have an Inspire 1 that i bought at the bringing of 2015, still works great, and an Inspire 1 Pro that isn't a T601 Model, its a T600, with the wrong markings which means this is an older Inspire 1 that was upgraded with newer parts but never properly identified as a true T601, you have to be careful where you get your V2's from, as if they have old stock that doesn't move, it too could be an older T600 just upgraded, but with the Older Remote..

I will say i am very happy with the V2.0 over the Inspire 1 and 1 Pro, Ive had great signal reception, flight times, plus with the upgraded X5 cam on the V2.0 compared to it installed on the V1, the V2.0 handles it much better with the new Motors and ESC's. Its your money, but if you want all the latest parts inside and out including Remote, the Inspire V2.0 is the only way to go..
2016-4-21
Use props
siep
lvl.2

Netherlands

CloudChaserCT Posted at 2016-4-21 21:03
That is correct, I bought an Inspire 1 V2.0 and its is a True T601 Model, with all the proper hard ...

Thanks guys, I think I will practice a little more with the P3A and then move to the Inspire 1 (V2) , great input. For me very useful.

Regards
Siep

2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules