Virgin Atlanctic - P3A carry on case size
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I will soon be flying with Virgin Atlantic from London Gatwick to Las Vegas and I would like to take my P3A as hand luggage.
But I cannot find a P3A case that will fit Virgin Atlantic's carry on case size of 23cm x 36cm x 56cm maximum.

I am reluctant to check the P3A in as baggage (less its batteries) and have it put in with all the cases because of the likely hood of  it
getting damaged or bits of it going missing. If I do have to send it as baggage I will put it in an MC-Cases professional carry case and
put that inside of a suit case, but having just watched the video about the TSA locks being so easy to open I would still be worried.

I have even contemplated carrying the P3A in its original DJI box but that is 21cm x 37cm x 39cm and I am worried that I will arrive
at one of the airports and some anal member of staff will either say that its to big or the box will not fit through some device they have
to check that any carry on luggage is not to big.

Please can anyone tell me if they have flown with Virgin Atlantic and what they have carried their drone in, also if you
carried your batteries in a Lipo bag, can you recommend a good make because some of the Lipo bags online look real poor quality
and God forbid there was a problem with one of my batteries I would rather it be in a good quality bag.

I have tried asking Virgin Atlantic about using the DJI box but they are very unhelpful and said that they could not give
me a definite answer about using the DJI box and that it would be up to the person on duty when I fly about taking the DJI box.

I do not want to be in the position of being at the airport and not being able to take my P3A with me.

Did you know that Virgin Atlantic will take 1 item of sports equipment up to 23Kg per person for free.... but not a drone.

Regards

George
2016-4-21
Use props
mrv8outboard
lvl.2

How about just shipping it to your destination? We used to do this when we were racing. We do it now with our luggage depending on what and were the destination is.
2016-4-21
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

racing drones are now a big sport in the US! ;)
2016-4-21
Use props
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

I agree, but when I tried saying to the Virgin Atlantic person that my drone was my sports equipment she said its not on their approved list :@
2016-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules