RC Signal Lost Since RC update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lambert1825
New

United States

After I updated to version 1.6 on my RC the RC signal is lost and I can't even take off. I changed out batteries and SD cards nothing seems to work. Anyone have any problems with this?

PHANTOM 3 Advanced
2016-4-21
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Did you upgrade the drone as well?
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Please make sure that your drone has been also upgraded to the latest firmware successfully.
2016-4-21
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

make sure you "re-link" your remote to craft...it only takes a minute, also do gimbal and IMU calibrations

do these after every update
2016-4-22
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

I am also getting RC Signal Lost with my P3P.

I had done the firmware update right before. The controller is a foot away from the copter and yet it says high interference. Tried a number of different places in my house (all worked before the winter when I last flew). Yet I can see what the camera sees on screen.

i also tried updating my app. Where in the app can I see what firmware versions everything has? I hope i didn't brick it...
The lights on the Phantom are solid red in the back and fast blinking yellow up front. As I understand it it means it's not linked. When I go through the process to fix it says successful but it still always says RC Signal Lost.
2016-5-8
Use props
kbarker27
New

United States

Rothgarr Posted at 2016-5-8 18:55
I am also getting RC Signal Lost with my P3P.

I had done the firmware update right before. The cont ...

Had the exact same issue with my P3A. Tried everything to fix it and found that installing an older version onto the craft and controller then installing the newest update again corrected the issue. I updated it originally through the DJI Go app but used the SD card and computer to correct the 'RC Signal Lost' issue. I believe DJI has some sort of issue with the new update causing this problem cause I read into numerous forums about the same issue looking for a resolution before finding one myself.

Hope this works for you too and anyone else reading this!
2016-5-8
Use props
luiz.lafosse
New

France

kbarker27@hotma Posted at 2016-5-9 03:35
Had the exact same issue with my P3A. Tried everything to fix it and found that installing an olde ...

barker, how do you install an older version on the craft? when i try it says on the log that the craft already has a newer version and therefore does nothing
2016-5-15
Use props
robvelez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem and was able to resolve it. First, a little background on my setup and update process...

I have a P3 Adv (P3A) using an iPad Mini 2. I updated the aircraft first with v1.8.80. iPad in my home had the latest DJI Go app. When I started the app, it did not show any necessary updates and so when I connected it to the aircraft, it displayed the RC signal lost message. When I went back to the main screen and held down the Academy button for more than 10 seconds, it did not show the RC version even though I was connected to my wifi network. Luckily I have my iPhone 6S which has the DJI Go app and did the same process, only this time when I held the Academy button for more than 10 secs, it showed the RC version as 1.5.8. I was able to "downgrade" and update it, then after doing that it repeating this process, I was able to update to v1.6.0. Now I do not see the RC signal lost message.

So for those reading this and getting this same result, if you have access to a different device/tablet, I would suggest trying it and hope the controller is detected so that you can update your RC firmware version.
2016-5-16
Use props
robvelez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

luiz.lafosse Posted at 2016-5-15 12:08
barker, how do you install an older version on the craft? when i try it says on the log that the c ...

I had this problem and was able to resolve it. First, a little background on my setup and update process...

I have a P3 Adv (P3A) using an iPad Mini 2. I updated the aircraft first with v1.8.80. iPad in my home had the latest DJI Go app. When I started the app, it did not show any necessary updates and so when I connected it to the aircraft, it displayed the RC signal lost message. When I went back to the main screen and held down the Academy button for more than 10 seconds, it did not show the RC version even though I was connected to my wifi network. Luckily I have my iPhone 6S which has the DJI Go app and did the same process, only this time when I held the Academy button for more than 10 secs, it showed the RC version as 1.5.8. I was able to "downgrade" and update it, then after doing that it repeating this process, I was able to update to v1.6.0. Now I do not see the RC signal lost message.

So for those reading this and getting this same result, if you have access to a different device/tablet, I would suggest trying it and hope the controller is detected so that you can update your RC firmware version.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules