Trackimo causes compass calibration failure?
708 4 2016-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Schulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280591 ft
United States

After several short flights days before, I put a Trackimo on my P3S and tried to calibrate the compass.  After several attempts failed to calibrate the drone, I shut off  power to the Trakimo and the compass calibrated on the first try. Tomorrow I will attempt to turn it on after calibration and see if the drone behaves normally or not.

Has any one else had this happen to them, and if so, is flight affected by thr tracker?
2016-4-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It is recommended to calibrate the compass in the places free of iron and magnetic things.  
2016-4-22
Use props
Paul Schulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280591 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-22 05:40
It is recommended to calibrate the compass in the places free of iron and magnetic things.

I make sure of that.  which leg has the compass antenna?  One wire goes to an enclosed compartment at the base of one leg and the other just has a wire which goes partway down the other front leg.  Again, Trackimo off - good compass calibration.  Trackimo on - failed compass calibration.
2016-4-22
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Paul Schulze Posted at 2016-4-23 06:34
I make sure of that.  which leg has the compass antenna?  One wire goes to an enclosed compartment ...

The compass is in that compartment at the bottom of the landing gear.
It is advisable to have any extra electrinics fitted as far from that as possible and then to recalibrate the compass so that it "understands" the new local electro-magnetic environment.
2016-4-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I have mine mounted in the very back and have never had a problem .  I say try again ( calibrate Compass)  mate! They make a special muont for the Trackimo that can be found on the net  as well.   Get the proper mount for sure.  I believe the phantom leg with 2 wires has the compass but not positive. Regadless get the mount .

Donnie
dji downlaod Trackimo.jpg
2016-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules