Where did the ability to draw on the map go?
3155 12 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>

There used to be an icon that allowed you to draw on the map on the iPad? I loved that feature and used it quite a bit. What happend to it?

Many thanks,
Houston

2016-4-22
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>

No one misses this feature or do I just no longer know where to find it?

2016-4-23
Use props
valvman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5441411 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I miss it also!  Have you found any answers?
2016-4-23
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

It does seem to be gone but I still have the eraser button, isn't that a little pointless?
2016-4-23
Use props
valvman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5441411 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The eraser just clears the flight log off the screen still. You do need that. I used the pen all the time!!
2016-4-24
Use props
info
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54663753 ft
Australia

New app out today but still no pencil for me either.
2016-4-25
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI - PUT IT BACK - PLEASE!!!

Why was it removed in the first place? I never heard anyone complain about it.
2016-4-28
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

houston Posted at 2016-4-28 23:58
DJI - PUT IT BACK - PLEASE!!!

Why was it removed in the first place? I never heard anyone complain  ...

I agree - I found it really useful as guide to fly a mission - and no need to fly it first or on the simulator as needed for autonomous flight.
2016-4-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was removed about three Go App updates ago .... They also removed the home point button from the main screen.  I would really like this shortcut put back. It is a pain in the butt to go into the menu to change the home point

PS I did not use the drawing feature much
Rich
2016-4-29
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

As Rich highlights the Home Point button was good to have on the home screen and it could quickly be accessed and the home point set manually.  This used to give peace of mind that it had been set correctly.  Indeed this was one of the key issues of discussion and even DJI were advising this to be set.  I think this spurred many users to ensure it was incorporated into their pre-flight checklists.

Would be good to get it back.

I don't particularly like the new information menus in the app either when they appear on half of the screen.   Seems like changes are happening with the app display and menus every update, but not necessarily for the better or what everyone would like.
As for the drawing feature, I never used it as thought it was absolutely pointless.
2016-5-1
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

The drawing 'feature' was originally a small part of the ground station functionality promised at launch of the Inspire.
Just as with it's competitor's products, the idea was to draw a flight path on the screen, set an altitude and this would be translated into a series of waypoints and uploaded to the craft for execution.  

As we know this did not eventuate and almost a year late we got the waypoint functions in DJI GO which are very effective in ensuring that pilots move to alternative flight apps for autonomous functions.
2016-5-1
Use props
gracedon1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696614 ft
New Zealand

I still have that function on a earlier version of the app that i needed to download for the app to work on my phone  but i would like it on the latest version that i'am using on the tablet.
2016-7-22
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>

Guess we will never see this again.
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules