RC and DJI GO app won't connect to camera mode (P3 Advanced)
12Next >
21876 59 2016-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sthomasmiles
New

Venezuela

Hello,
I own a Phantom 3 Advanced, before I made the firmware update v1.8.80 early today, my device did not enter to camera view, I decided to try another device (iPhone 6+), both with the DJI GO app v2.7.2. Didn't work either, so I decided to make the update since there was no connection with both of my devices.... After the Phantom made the update process, I did the procedure of connecting the device, still wasn't able to connect none of my devices on camera view. I used different cables and different devices and did not get the issue.

There is no connection at all with the app and the RC. I can only tilt the camera up and down with the gimbal dial.

I opened the result LOG and appeared This:

Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Dont know if it is a firmware related problem, if it is so...how can I downgrade the firmware to re run the new one without problems.

All my devices are up to date with the apple software, the RC model is a GL300B.

Please DJI, I see a lot of threads regarding the same connection problem with the RC and the app to enter camera view and no meaningful answer or solution.

Hope someone can help me wih this.

Kind regards.

2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello sthomasmiles, does the app stay "How to connect" status when you connect your mobile and RC ?
2016-4-23
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18514 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-23 11:37
Hello sthomasmiles, does the app stay "How to connect" status when you connect your mobile and RC ?

I have the exact same problem, but the the P3 Advanced.
The app indeed does stay on "How to connect" status.
I also tried different cables, iPhone 6S, iPad Mini, Android, none of them work.

Trying to update the firmware on the RC via USB/Camera doesn't work either.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pidi Posted at 2016-4-23 17:59
The app indeed does stay on "How to connec ...

Hello pidi, what is the indicator's color of the RC when it turns on?
2016-4-23
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

What version of iOS is on your iPhone?  Many people have reported this issue with iOS 9.3.1, and solved it by installing 9.3.2 beta.  I'm remaining at 9.3.0 for this reason.
2016-4-23
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

Hi, I had the same problems with the app,
The only way I could get the blue camera button option back on the app was to connect my apple device to iTunes via PC and then backed up the device (forgot this the first time and lost all my old flight data)  then restore the device using iTunes. If I tried doing a restore via WiFi using the device itself without iTunes it wouldn't work.
Once you have restored the device reload the Go app back on and hopefully you should get the camera button option again.
I have another problem with no camera feed, and its going back to Hong Kong apparently.
Good luck hope that made some sense.
2016-4-23
Use props
sthomasmiles
New

Venezuela

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-23 05:07

Yes, it does shows only the "how to connect " option. had followed  the instructions and still remained that way.
2016-4-23
Use props
sthomasmiles
New

Venezuela

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-23 05:07

Yes, it shows only "how to connect" button, I followed the instructions tho and still cannot get to the enter camera view mode.
2016-4-23
Use props
toddwillams
New

What do you guys use to play 4K video
2016-4-23
Use props
sthomasmiles
New

Venezuela

pidi Posted at 2016-4-23 05:29
The app indeed does stay on "How to connec ...

hi pidi, I also tried with an Android device. Same "how to connect" button. No luck
2016-4-23
Use props
sthomasmiles
New

Venezuela

mikeon Posted at 2016-4-23 06:26
What version of iOS is on your iPhone?  Many people have reported this issue with iOS 9.3.1, and sol ...

I have the 9.3.1 version. Dont  know how to upgrade to 9.3.2 nor downgrade to 9.3.0.
2016-4-23
Use props
pmccord
New

I had big plans for my DJI 3 Advanced today and was sadly disappointed when I went to use it and my iPhone 6s Plus would not connect to the camera.

1) I turned everything on as I always have
2) The screen came on and connected BLANK SCREEN and in the top left corner said "Not Connected"
3) I worked with this several times and restarted and tried various fixes to  no avail.
4) I uninstalled DJI Pro and then reinstalled it to my iPhone and signed in
5) Then it would not connect me at all and left me with the message "How to Connect" - like I needed insult to injury at this point
6) I am reading about "wiping my iPhone" and then reinstalling the DJI Go pilot app. Huh? Wipe my phone? Really?!

How about this: DJI = FIX THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR PILOT APP!

A) This is clearly NOT THE ONLY CASE of this
B) It's your faulty software, not the new iPhone that is having the issue
C) I cannot upgrade to "9.3.2 Beta" nor can I down grade to 9.3.0 IOS

Please respond to me as I have spent about 5 hours on this issue and lost an event I was to video!
2016-4-24
Use props
pilot310
lvl.2

United States

Hi Pmccord.  Have had the same problem for a month now.   Tried everything mentioned in the threads. No help fro DJI either. Going to throw the whole mess in the river behind my house
2016-4-24
Use props
bobbybeck
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same problem with the only solution was to connect the RC to my macbook, with a USB cable, enter Itunes, your device shows up on the top LHS.
Back up all apps first then reinstall the OS or upgrade to a newer edition.
It worked for me with no trouble with DJI GO app talking to my RC or Phantom 4
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

sthomasmiles@gm Posted at 2016-4-23 22:42
Yes, it shows only "how to connect" button, I followed the instructions tho and still cannot get t ...

If you have tried different cables or devices and it stills, you may contact support@dji.com and it may  be probably a hardware issue of the RC
2016-4-24
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 05:29
If you have tried different cables or devices and it stills, you may contact  and it may  be proba ...

I did contact support.
They asked me to enter the camera view and send a screenshot....
*Sigh*
The whole problem is I can't get into camera view.

By the way: I tried upgrading my iPad to version 9.3.2.
It didn't solve the problem.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pidi Posted at 2016-4-25 18:04
I did contact support.
They asked me to enter the camera view and send a screenshot....
*Sigh*

Is 9.3.2 still beta version? But if you have tried some different devices and the app keeps saying "how to connect", it may be an hardware issue of the usb port which needs RMA
2016-4-25
Use props
pidi
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 12:11
Is 9.3.2 still beta version? But if you have tried some different devices and the app keeps saying  ...

DJI support Europe suggested this solution.
I can't try it now because I'm not at home, but it might be useful for others:

Could you please confirm you reinstalled the DJI GO App and rebooted the mobile devices?
Please to to relink the manual way:

- Power on RC and craft;
- Press the C1 + C2 buttons on the back of the RC together and keep them both pressed;
- Press the video record button (on the left shoulder of the RC), and keep pressed as well;
- When it starts beeping release C1, C2 and the REC button, press the camera settings wheel (on the right shoulder of the RC);
- The linking mode is now activated: the RC shows a blue led and starts beeping;
- Press the link button on the aircraft within 1 minute (see the user manual for the location of the link button);
- When the RC shows a green led, and the beeping stops, the linking procedure has succeeded and the control link has been restored.

2016-4-25
Use props
pilot310
lvl.2

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 06:11
Is 9.3.2 still beta version? But if you have tried some different devices and the app keeps saying  ...

I get the camera view with my Mini 2 but not with IPhone 6s   Still a RC issue?  I doubt it. Must be the App
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10476 ft
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-23 20:01
Hello pidi, what is the indicator's color of the RC when it turns on?

amazing how many ppl fall for the same error...
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

pmccord Posted at 2016-4-25 06:44
I had big plans for my DJI 3 Advanced today and was sadly disappointed when I went to use it and my  ...

relink RC

2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-26 05:13
I get the camera view with my Mini 2 but not with IPhone 6s   Still a RC issue?  I doubt it. Must  ...

simply relink RC to craft...take about 30 seconds...video

2016-4-25
Use props
Chipsb
New

United States

I have the same problem after the upgrades.  I spoke with support 3x last week and they were stumped.  Said they would get back to me and haven't.  I've emailed them again and am not holding my breath.  I've been down for 2 months now and need it for work.  Very unhappy.
2016-4-25
Use props
Chipsb
New

United States

sandmark Posted at 2016-4-23 21:06
Hi, I had the same problems with the app,
The only way I could get the blue camera button option bac ...

They should just ship a new unit.  This repair game is a waste of time and they can just ship new units and recondition  the broken one's much faster.  I haven't had mine for a year yet and first it was an RC that would not upgrade and now with a new replacement RC, I get no video feed.  It worked fine before these mandatory firmware updates.  So annoying.
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Thunderbirdsare Posted at 2016-4-26 03:17
amazing how many ppl fall for the same error...

Which error is that.  My RC and Aircraft are linked.  The RC is green.. I can control gimbal and motors.  There is NO camera view (which as I've posted) works fine on my iPhone 6 with the same cable, same RC and same Aircraft.  Have now tried 2.7.1, 2.7.2, and 2.8.0 on the iPad with ZERO change..  P3P ..  Firmware level is 1.7 All in One..
2016-4-25
Use props
Thunderbirdsare
lvl.2
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 06:30
Which error is that.  My RC and Aircraft are linked.  The RC is green.. I can control gimbal and m ...

simple thing to do is make a video or take some pics of this issue...explaining it in a forum can be difficult...some one may see something that will solve it immediately
if one device works and not another I would ask what iPad you are using, if it does not have cellular it simplay won't work

whcih is what makes me think the iPhne works, so should the iPad...unless it is not cellular..ie an early generation iPad
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Thunderbirdsare Posted at 2016-4-26 04:34
simple thing to do is make a video or take some pics of this issue...explaining it in a forum can b ...

iPad Mini 2 with Cellular, and as I said was absolutely working fine with 2.7.1 and 1.7 All in One on Aircraft, RC, and Batteries.  According to phone call with DJI, they claim Apple is aware of issue in app at 2.7.2 and recommends full reset of the device.  Supposedly that was fixed in 2.8.0 (which didn't fix it for me or some others).  Am attempting a factory reset of iPad Mini with iTunes (DJI said that Apple said it needed to be done in iTunes).

DJI rep I spoke with also said it was mandatory for 1.8 to be installed for 2.7.2 and 2.8.0 to work properly.. That is the first time I've heard the the app software is not backward compatible to 1.7 firmware.  I don't think that's right, but I cannot risk a FW error at this point.  I have a major demo on Saturday and need at least one working combination..  Which, right now, is the iPhone 6 and P3P...   After the demo I can try a firmware upgrade.  I still don't think this is all because I don't have 1.8 on the aircraft and RC and doens't necessarily explain loss of GPS Satellite data in flight logs for flights flown under 2.7.2 and WHY those exact same flight logs show all the satellite data on 2.7.1 on the iPad..  :-(

2016-4-25
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

Mine has the same problems, I'm taking it back to the place I got it from this week (500kms away) We are going to connect it on there test bench so I can show them exactly whats going on and then they have a DJI case number and are going to send it  back to Hong Kong. I will let everyone know the outcome, we have been at this for weeks now, talked to Dji support etc and have tried everything possible.
Phantom 3 Advanced
iPad Air 2 with wifi + cell
Everything's updated
Can control the Aircraft (it is linked)
Can take video, pictures etc.
Fault is there is no live video feed on the iPad.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pidi Posted at 2016-4-25 19:14
DJI support Europe suggested this solution.
I can't try it now because I'm not at home, but it mig ...

It is another way to link your drone and RC when you could not enter the camera view.
2016-4-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

sandmark Posted at 2016-4-26 08:52
Mine has the same problems, I'm taking it back to the place I got it from this week (500kms away) We ...

See my post on the thread I started about my iPad.. it worked for me.  DJI said that Apple is telling them to tell customers to do a full reset, but not from within the device, but by hooking it up to iTunes and doing the reset from there..  I didn't have much on the iPad, so just flat out did a factory reset via iTunes, loaded it up with 2.8 app, tested that (and it worked), then loaded my apps back on.. Tried again, still worked.  Don't know if the issue I have with GPS Data missing on flight records, but will try flying this way and see if new flight record entries are OK or still having issue..  Just good to be able to see things on the iPad again..  Give it a try before sending it off...  Holler if I'm not being clear...

P.S.  This applies to both iPhone and iPads...  If your issue is you can't get the camera view on the iPhone, the procedure would be the same..  Reset via iTunes.. Don't do a reset in the device..  Make a back up first..
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Chipsb Posted at 2016-4-26 04:19
I have the same problem after the upgrades.  I spoke with support 3x last week and they were stumped ...

Sorry for your experience. Could you provide me your tracking number?
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-26 03:13
I get the camera view with my Mini 2 but not with IPhone 6s   Still a RC issue?  I doubt it. Must  ...

You can follow imagesbyjas‘ suggestion to reset your 6s to factory via iTunes and install DJI Go again.
2016-4-25
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

Chipsb Posted at 2016-4-26 04:23
They should just ship a new unit.  This repair game is a waste of time and they can just ship new  ...

I know, tell me about it!! It was a big investment (toy - some for work) for me and I did all the research before purchasing. It was ok before the upgrades ( although it was tricky to get it to show a live feed every time, that's why I forked out for a iPad air 2 just for the drone. It was still intermittent.
Was flying good with a great range, It told me to upgrade so I did following the correct procedure and its now stuffed. The one in 20 attempts i can actually get a video feed ( normally first thing when its cold) it then tells me that there's poor signal of no signal (linking does not fix this). Its got a terrible range now.
Then it just loses video.
I want to like this product, they are awesome when working but its doing my head in at the moment.
2016-4-25
Use props
kfortney5
New

United States

I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy note 5. It wouldn't connect to the DJI app. I tried my wife's LG phone and my son's Galaxy S4 by installing the DJI go app and they connected to my Phantom 3 perfectly. This meant it was a problem with my Note 5. I finally did the following.
Connect your Android device to the Remote Controller with the USB cable. Power on the RC, then the Phantom 3.   Under developer options turn debugging on.  On your Android device go to settings, search, type in USB and select USB Configuration. You can also go to settings, developer options, scroll down to USB Configuration. Under USB configuration select MTP (media transfer protocol). Go back to the DJI Go app and it will now connect to the Phantom. The problem I have is this needs done every time since I can't figure out how to keep the MTP setting. If the RC or cable are disconnected I have to do these steps again, but at least I can fly now.
2016-4-25
Use props
pilot310
lvl.2

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 18:11

It can't be a hardware issue.  In my case, my Mini Ipad2 connects with the Camera View, but my Iphone 6s only get How To Connect option.   I think it's an app problem.  
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-27 00:17
It can't be a hardware issue.  In my case, my Mini Ipad2 connects with the Camera View, but my Iph ...

Here is another suggestion: enter DFU mode to restore your iPhone as a new device then reinstall the DJI Go app directly.
2016-4-26
Use props
sandmark
lvl.2

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-26 09:06
See my post on the thread I started about my iPad.. it worked for me.  DJI said that Apple is telli ...

Hi, Yep I did a restore weeks ago through iTunes and could get the camera button etc again. This has a different fault where the camera feed view is intermittent (works 1 in 10 attempts). I showed the retail outlet where I got it from and they agreed its a tricky one and have got approval from DJI for a repair under warranty and it's now on its way to Hong Kong.
Will keep everyone posted.
2016-4-29
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

pilot310 Posted at 2016-4-27 00:17
It can't be a hardware issue.  In my case, my Mini Ipad2 connects with the Camera View, but my Iph ...

Did you get a chance to try the Factory Reset through iTunes?  As Paladin suggested see my post a few posts back, or look for the post I started about my iPad Mini 2 not getting the camera connection.  The reset (according to Apple) has to be done through iTunes completely and not initiated, etc. on the device.  Again, I had the luxury of not having much on the iPad, so I did a complete Factory reset withouy restoring any backups.  YMMV, but I would try a complete reset through iTunes, without restoring a backup if you have one and see if that works with 2.8 level of the app..  You can always go back through the process,  restore from a backup in iCloud, and do an update to the app and try as well..  Not restoring from a backup the first time might help ID if there are any apps stepping on each other in some way..  You'd basically have a clean phone with one app on it..
2016-4-29
Use props
pilot310
lvl.2

United States

I already tried a reset thru ITunes but still didn't get the camera option
2016-4-29
Use props
sthomasmiles
New

Venezuela

Since I tried everything and still not succeed at all, I sent my P3A to a local technician, he found that the usb module on the back of the RC was faulty, had to change it, so I upgraded to de HMDI usb module and works fine. I asked why does this module even got faulty and he stated that it is am usual issue with the RC and mostly is because of firmware updates that kills the module card for some reason or simply it goes down after some time... Sincerely I think it wasn't because of firmware update cause it stopped working before I even made it, It was just a problem that DJI has with the quality of some hardware and need to fix it soon because that is a mayor problem and cannot be tolerated when some of us depend of the functionality of it to work and earn a living...

I know that you can sent it direct to DJI to fix these problems but when you live in a third world country is kind of a pain in the @ss to find a solution in terms of costumer support and warranty.
2016-5-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules