Firmware Issue
1377 15 2016-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eyesky.a.p
New

Ireland

Flew my new Phantom 3 Pro for the first time this morning- after a non eventful flight it failed to reconnect to the aircraft and informed me it needed a firmware upgrade.

Ok so I have followed all the recommendations for updating the firmware on my Phantom3 Pro. Formatted the SD Card, Used a windows computer etc.
I have the controller firmware up to date via the DJIGO app- I then turned the controller off.

I have tried the earliest version of the firmware 1.3.20 on the aircraft but each time after two or three minutes it keeps giving me the steady "death" tone and the red light.

The .txt log indicates that the upgrade has failed and I should reboot and try again- after 6 times Im calling it a day.

Can anyone please tell me if I need to send off my brand new AC to DJI? Or is there a simple fix I have overlooked?

Cheers

Tom
2016-4-23
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-23
Use props
eyesky.a.p
New

Ireland

stalked-buddha Posted at 2016-4-23 14:18
have you put the .bak file in the root of the sd card ?

have you got any of the audible beeps and t ...

Hi-

Thanks for the reply

I have only put the .bin file in the SD card which has been formatted previously. what is the .bak? should I be using this also?

It gives me the initial audible beeps and flashing red/green lights to indicate it is reading the card, then it gives me the d-d-d-d-d-d for about three mins- then it is a steady beep with a steady red light

the battery was low enough on the last few attempts.
2016-4-23
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Why did you used the 1.3.20? The last version is 1.8.80 http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
2016-4-23
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-23
Use props
eyesky.a.p
New

Ireland

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-4-23 14:28
Why did you used the 1.3.20? The last version is 1.8.80 http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/i ...

In some cases the previous updates must be uploaded if not already done in order to prepare the aircraft for the next upgrade. The general advice is to start from the bottom and work your way up to the latest version but Im open to advice on that.
2016-4-23
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-23
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Italy

eyesky.a.p@gmai Posted at 2016-4-23 15:34
In some cases the previous updates must be uploaded if not already done in order to prepare the ai ...

Ok, but what is the firmware that is installed on your aircraft now?
2016-4-23
Use props
eyesky.a.p
New

Ireland

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-4-23 14:39
Ok, but what is the firmware that is installed on your aircraft now?

I cant tell as the aircraft will not connect to the controller and as a result the DJIGO application
2016-4-23
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-23
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Italy

eyesky.a.p@gmai Posted at 2016-4-23 15:51
I cant tell as the aircraft will not connect to the controller and as a result the DJIGO applicati ...

So maybe you can try with the 1.7.0060 and than to 1.8.80.
But I'm pretty sure that you can't pass directly to 1.3.20 to 1.8.80 because also from that firmware release DJI changed how to update the remote controller. Before you needed to update the controller also with microSD, now you update via DJI GO App.

And of course you can't downgrade the firmware on the aircraft to 1.3.20 if your aircraft have installed a one of lastest firmware.
2016-4-23
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-23
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Italy

stalked-buddha Posted at 2016-4-23 16:00
didnt the op say he had already updated the controlers software ?

hence the conection issues?

Seems that he have update only the firmware on the RC. He need to update also the firmware of the aircraft but he started to update from 1.3.20
2016-4-23
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-4-23
Use props
bartnles
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112 ft
United States

You have to update the AC before the RC   This is very important. If you updated the RC first you have to undo it.
2016-4-23
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

Pull the hidden log .txt file and see what it says.  It'll give you a little more insight on what is failing.  Two weeks ago I had the dreaded [08 00] [15 00] device not detected failure after trying to upgrade to 1.8.  I also tried to downgrade firmware, but it ended up being a hardware issue.  Had to send it back to DJI and they replaced the camera to fix it.
2016-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules