Flying in areas with high Wi-Fi interference
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
weslego
lvl.1

United States

I got my p3a a few months ago and I have been really happy flying around my neighborhood, I got some circularly polarized antennas form FPVLR and they are doing a great job of penetrating trees and stuff like they are supposed to but the problem I’m running into now is the large amount of Wi-Fi signals in my neighborhood. I can get out to about 1km and then there is too much interference and the phantoms signal will constantly fluctuate. I have done the 32 channel "hack" but it doesn't seem to be helping my range even when I’m on channels 1-12 (the channels NOT used for 802.11 Wi-Fi or cellphone communications.) I was wondering if the next step would be to get some 2w boosters for my antennas if that would help with the interference issue or if I should do something else.

2016-4-23
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the boosters and have taken my P3A out over 5 miles, but have run into problems when operating in a strong wifi area. I also have a cheap windsurfer on my P4 and can get out over 20,000 feet with good signal when I'm in a non-wifi congested area. So location is most critical in my experience.
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

If you lower the bitrate to 4MBps, it may help with your range.
2016-4-23
Use props
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-24 00:11
If you lower the bitrate to 4MBps, it may help with your range.

I have lowered the bitrate and the ranges mentioned are on the lowest bitrate.
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rabidman Posted at 2016-4-24 07:57
I have lowered the bitrate and the ranges mentioned are on the lowest bitrate.

The only other suggestion I can make is make sure your antennas are pointing correctly.
If you have not been doing this, then install the stock antennas and try again.

And final suggestion is go to a different flying area with less interference.

2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules