Invalid Device - Activation impossible
1306 6 2016-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vliegende Braba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36591 ft

Hello,

I cannot activate the OSMO. I have gone through the process exactly as instructed (change wifi's from OSMO to Home et cetera). I can notice that in the end of this process the OSMO actually starts to upload the OSMO for activation, but than, after a few seconds I get the messsage:

Active Failed(ServerNoAvaiableDevices) contact DJI support if it persists after restart.

This happened when using my Nexus 9 (Android). When I try to activate by using an iPad I get the message: Invalid Device

Before I started I updated my camera (I1 X3 (the white one)) to the latest software (Inspire 1 Firmware v1.8.1.00). Than I updated the OSMO with (OSMO Firmware v1.6.2.10)

Any help will be appreciated.

Rob

2016-4-23
Use props
rolf.bedognetti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358235 ft
  • >>>

I have exactly the same problem with the Samsung S6.
2016-4-23
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

If you have followed the activation video step by step, using the I1 camera on the osmo handle, and it still fails you may need to return it
2016-4-24
Use props
Vliegende Braba
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-4-24 17:51
If you have followed the activation video step by step, using the I1 camera on the osmo handle, and  ...

Thank for your answer Nigel but I really hope this is not necessary, because I have a project this week. Any other help is welcome.

Perhaps someone from DJI could have a look at this as well?

Kind Regards
Rob
(Netherlands)

2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Vliegende Braba Posted at 2016-4-24 18:36
Thank for your answer Nigel but I really hope this is not necessary, because I have a project this ...

Hello, Rod!
Sorry about the trouble!
Do you mean you upgrade the firmware before the activation?
Usually, if the warning message during the activation is "Invalid Device", it must be returned to our factory for setting.
2016-4-24
Use props
Vliegende Braba
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-25 10:38
Hello, Rod!
Sorry about the trouble!
Do you mean you upgrade the firmware before the activation?

Hello Adela,

Yes, I upgraded before the activation. In the forum it says that you if you don't do that the OSMO will not recognize the white I1 X3. It says that when the OSMO was released it only worked with the Black X3 in the beginning and only after the upgrade it works with the white X3 as well. Wasn't that correct?

Meanwhile I have returned the OSMO to the dealer and got my money back.
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Vliegende Braba Posted at 2016-4-25 23:21
Hello Adela,

Yes, I upgraded before the activation. In the forum it says that you if you don't do ...

Hi,
That's correct!
Only after upgrading the black X3 camera to the latest firmware version by mounting on Insprie 1, could it be compatible with the Osmo handle.

I'm sorry that you decided to get the refund.
Hope we'll have more opportunity to cooperate with you. Welcome to our Forum, for any question, please feel free to ask us.
2016-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules