No fly zone boundary
873 8 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

The regulations in Australia and most likely all other countries regarding no fly zones is the 3nm limit is set from the airport boundary. Don't trust the fly zone apps as most of them set the 3nm limit from the centre of the airport. You could be flying in restricted airspace without realising it.
2016-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That's almost funny, half the airports are not even shown. Where I live, in Gippsland, there are at least 3 serious sized, and busy, airports not shown.
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is what I use for flying info in UK. You must have something similar showing the restricted areas and NOTAMS
2016-4-24
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

CASA has a map on its web site for all states with the correct boundaries
2016-4-24
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

I Canada we have the rock method... If you can throw a rock and hit an airplane your too close to the airport to fly your drone

Seriously though, we have a 9km limit...other than that we tend to use these other powers called "Common sense flying"...unless your flying for commercial purposes...then you're fawked.
2016-4-24
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-24 21:19
This is what I use for flying info in UK. You must have something similar showing the restricted are ...

Looks like some ,of Scotland is available to you.
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

treeboyy Posted at 2016-4-25 05:26
Looks like some ,of Scotland is available to you.

Well a good bit probably. But most of the North section (say above Inverness) is a military 'tactical' area where the fixed wing regularity fly down to 100 feet. So a bit of thought ,care , and planning still required.
2016-4-24
Use props
treeboyy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-4-25 01:29
Well a good bit probably. But most of the North section (say above Inverness) is a military 'tacti ...

Your avatar, is that a Marco Polo on the canine unit? And if so do you use it on the drone?
2016-4-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You must have good eyes. It sells under a different name here but is a gps/cell tracker for the Mutt.  I've not tried it yet on aircraft but had thought about it. I don't really plan to let the Phantom out of sight, but accidents happen. So I'll probably give it a go in the not too distant future.
2016-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules