Battery Life Percentage gone with new app update ?
2358 39 2016-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
annetteb
lvl.1

Australia

Hi
Has the battery life info been deleted in the lastest update of the DJI app? I can't seem to find it anywhere . It was a useful feature to keep a check on how the battery was preforming and wether I needed to do a slow discharge for it to remain at 100% life. If its been deleted with the new update can it be put back in the next update! Or if its still there somewhere!
2016-4-24
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

No, it has not been deleted.
2016-4-24
Use props
annetteb
lvl.1

Australia

could you please tell me where I can find it ?
2016-4-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello annetteb, in IOS app, the battery life page has been deleted.But if you use an Andorid, you still can find it there.
2016-4-25
Use props
vinojaya6
lvl.2

Indonesia

Why deleted?
2016-4-25
Use props
annetteb
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 19:57
Hello annetteb, in IOS app, the battery life page has been deleted.But if you use an Andorid, you st ...

I use iOS , why was it deleted on iOS and not android? Can it be added in next update ? It was very useful
2016-4-26
Use props
Jeremy1234567
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-25 17:57
Hello annetteb, in IOS app, the battery life page has been deleted.But if you use an Andorid, you st ...

I think there needs to be clarification as to why the Battery Life value was removed from the IOS version of the Go App . My understanding is batteries are not safe to use after they reach 95% Battery Life, so this is important to watch. Batteries can be checked manually by holding the battery button down for 5 seconds, but the IOS Go App provided a more precise reading for Battery Life.
2016-4-26
Use props
SBX8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734442 ft
Germany

Still no answer, why it was killed in iOS but still available in Android?

Seems like typical DJI behaviour: Once you're out of answers, just don't say nothing at all anymore and wait for the thread to run dry.
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

SBX8 Posted at 2016-8-6 02:22
Still no answer, why it was killed in iOS but still available in Android?

Seems like typical DJI be ...

I will inquire about it, it was removed form IOS a few updates ago.
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Jeremy1234567 Posted at 2016-4-27 06:26
I think there needs to be clarification as to why the Battery Life value was removed from the IOS  ...

Who informed you that batteries were not safe when they get to 95%. That is a incorrect statement.
2016-8-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Please recommend they bring back the intelligent battery Life info!!
Yes, that was an awesome option, and I miss it like a dead cat. Hahaha
Or something that resembles thee feline persuasion... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-5
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

Battery confusion:  I watch the cell-to-cell variation in my battery each flight (from the flight record).  What are you talking about “Battery Life”?  Is there a set number of re-charges that are recommended?  Sorry to be so naive, but it is the battery that keeps my bird in the air!  Where do I see such a value?  
2016-8-5
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

You can still test your battery life manually by pressing and holding the power button. Read the number of lights, which ones are solid and which are blinking, then consult the table in your manual under the section titled "Battery Life".
2016-8-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I was nice having the digital life expectancy readout within the battery section of the Go app.

RedHotPoker
2016-8-5
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-6 03:29
I was nice having the digital life expectancy readout within the battery section of the Go app.

yep agree 100%, hope dju bring back the battery life expecting in next fw update for ios. also think some people get confused with the battery charge level and the battery life expectancy.
2016-8-14
Use props
a8421
New

Canada

Hello Thread!

I wonder what battery life time function you refer to?
is it how many more times you can charge-discharge the battery or the function in iOS app that shows how much time left to fly the drone?
2016-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

There used to be an area within the battery section off the Go app, that expressed actual remaining battery life expectancy.
It was rated in percent, in this parameter we aren't talking about remaining voltage for flight, but life expectancy of the batteries useful time. Hope that makes sense.

RedHotPoker

2016-8-14
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Interesting that iOS and Apple  seems to be the preferred tablet and operating system but they are the first to have functionality disabled. The whole GO app has become bloatware with it now being the app for so many of DJI products. Why not split it up for each product such as Phantom, Inspire, Osmo etc. The app would probably work fine on much less powerful devices if they split it up. Likely make troubleshooting of the app easier as well.
2016-8-14
Use props
a8421
New

Canada

Thank you for clarification RedHotPoker. Since we are at it does anybody know how to shut down battery voltage monitor that measures how much charge left for flight. I am experimenting with tethered flight, provide power from ground. All works well only Intelligent Battery system thinks I still use a battery and grounds me down after ~ 20 min. My device is Phantom 3 Standard
2016-8-14
Use props
SBX8
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 21:42
I will inquire about it, it was removed form IOS a few updates ago.

So? What about it now?
It's more than a week since your announcement of an inquiry about that issue.
Yet, still no answer!
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SBX8 Posted at 2016-8-15 16:00
So? What about it now?
It's more than a week since your announcement of an inquiry about that issu ...

I believe the app stays as it is for now.
2016-8-15
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 14:54

real shame as an ios user myself, on the latest app for ios (p3p) is there any way of seeing how many cycles the battery has ? life expectancy ? any plans to bring the battery info back as it seems it was very popular and gave vital info on the battery. Being a new pilot having recently got my p3p i want to follow dji recommendations on battery care as much as posibble - with dji suggesting that every 20 cycles the battery is discharged down to 8% then full charge given to help/prolong battery life but as the battery/cycle info is not available in the latest ios app how do i know how many cycles the battery has/when to discharge to 8% the fully charge ?
possible to downgrade the app to the version wich does display battery info ?

thanks
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-16 03:27
real shame as an ios user myself, on the latest app for ios (p3p) is there any way of seeing how ...

Yes you can see battery cycles in the Battery Advanced page
2016-8-15
Use props
SBX8
lvl.4
Germany

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-15 21:27
real shame as an ios user myself, on the latest app for ios (p3p) is there any way of seeing how ...

try healthydrones
2016-8-16
Use props
SBX8
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 15:54

Well, that is still no answer to the question, why it was deleted in the iOS app but not in the Android version.

2016-8-16
Use props
SBX8
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 15:54

Haha.

And on the very same of that post, the next update has been released.
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SBX8 Posted at 2016-8-17 04:28
Haha.

And on the very same of that post, the next update has been released.

Yes, but no battery life.
2016-8-16
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

thanks bud
2016-8-17
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 20:43
Who informed you that batteries were not safe when they get to 95%. That is a incorrect statement.

HI Dji-Ken

So what is the recommended life percentage for batteries to be replaced with new ones ?

thanks
2016-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

What color is your parachute? ;-)
Who makes the arbitrary choices of the DJI commercial in app inclusion?
Hello? I Got an ad for a Phantom 4 on sale, today.

RedHotPoker

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-18 06:39
HI Dji-Ken

So what is the recommended life percentage for batteries to be replaced with new ones ...

Replace then when the flight time diminishes to the point where they won't last as long.
2016-8-17
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-17 23:53
Replace then when the flight time diminishes to the point where they won't last as long.

hi

"Replace then when the flight time diminishes to the point where they won't last as long".

Would you care to elaborate/extend on your answer as its a bit vague to say the least, a rough battery life percentage or even amount of cycles on battery before needs replacing
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-18 21:11
hi

"Replace then when the flight time diminishes to the point where they won't last as long".

Well the battery warranty is 6 months or 200 cycles, so I'd say at least 200 cycles.
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-18 15:04
Well the battery warranty is 6 months or 200 cycles, so I'd say at least 200 cycles.

Many thanks for your prompt reply,much appreciated
2016-8-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If I live that long, will it crash my drone, on flight 201? ;-)
I would like to have a second camera running for that flight... Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-18 22:20
If I live that long, will it crash my drone, on flight 201? ;-)
I would like to have a second camera ...

Ha, when you start noticing the flight times getting shorter and shorter by several minutes then you should start looking at replacing the battery.
2016-8-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Glad to get a smile out of you this morning. Normally I only open the A-joke box after lunch. Haha

Bringing back the battery life function in the app would be a nice touch. Helpful for future flight safety.
As @Rigworker mentioned, Removing some of the extraneous fluff, would be a benefit to those running slower devices. ;-)
Placing ads in the app seems non productive at least, and slightly intrusive to us, as well. We know how to shop if we desire to purchase.
Where are the pop up ads in this forum?

RedHotPoker
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-18 22:39
Glad to get a smile out of you this morning. Normally I only open the A-joke box after lunch. Haha

Requests for % and others have been sent, if things show up in later app versions that would be great but just have to wait and see.
2016-8-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hey, while atleast they who perform the real magic,,, hear our requests louder, thanks to your kind intervention. We all seriously do give Thanks.
It's not just a great convenience factor, having that app parameter, but a most reliable safety measure that I thought was something necessary for a very real purpose and to everyone's advantage.

RedHotPoker

2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-8-18 18:59
Hey, while atleast they who perform the real magic,,, hear our requests louder, thanks to your kind  ...

Yes we do all thank you DJI-KEN and are grateful for your intervention. The battery life percentage would be great addition  in the next fw update,also agree with RedHotPoker that having the battery life percentage indicator is only a good thing and will aid/help us and then help Dji in the long term.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules