No sound when uploading video on my Samsung s 7 edge
1342 3 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angelhuaman
New
United States

ive seen this thread before but no answers have been replied.  When I record and play video back, it works great with sound through dji app.  Once I upload it to phone on my Samsung s 7 edge, video shows but no sound at all.  I've tried it in many different video resolution and still no sound.  Is my unit defected?  I'm also using the rode microphone.  I also do have the latest firmware update.  Please help
2016-4-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry for the problem!
Did you check if you can hear the sound in the original files of the SD card? Do you mean you download the video from the Playback in the DJI GO App or the Media Library in the DJI GO App?
If the original files are OK, then the videos in the Playback should be OK.
You may need to check if the Media Player in your phone is compatible with the footage, please try with different Media Player.

Wait for your further reply.
2016-4-25
Use props
thomasc73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5144 ft
Indonesia

HI,  
I also get no sound on my S7 Edge (and also on Galaxy S4,  One Plus One, Galaxy Note 8):
1. [no sound if I directly copy from MicroSD card to PC] EDIT; this is problem with incompatible PC CODEC. I use VLC to play
2. recorded video sometimes no sound if you edit using DJI GO editor .. and also no sound using other video player like viva video, kmplayer, etc.
3. However  if you play from the monitor screen when the CAMERA is connected by pressing Play Button on the bottom left the sound is playing.
This is OSMO codec compatibility problem their programmer need to fix this.

I have found a workaroud to get the sound back, here's how :

1. open DJI GO
2. Connect to camera
3. Press Play simbol on the bottom left
4. Press Download button on the bottom right of the videos, press OK.
5. The video is downloading, it takes time.. be patient, OSMO wifi downloading speed is very sloooow. Hopefuly your battery charged enough.
6. The sound will be there after downloading. I guess OSMO doing some conversion to fix the codec during downloading.
7. Now you can edit it, play it in viva video, kmplayer.

I think OSMO does not care to fix the codec or release a software to fix the video  with no sound. My experience with OSMO is horrible. I hope you can live with it. I am going to sell it ASAP.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

thomasc73 Posted at 2016-6-25 11:54
HI,  
I also get no sound on my S7 Edge (and also on Galaxy S4,  One Plus One, Galaxy Note 8):
1. [n ...

Hi Thomasc73,
Thanks for your feedback.
I'd like to clarify just one thing, in the Editor of DJI GO App, the sound is actually recorded by the mobile device's Mic but not the Osmo itself, so if you want to record sound in the Editor, please check if you've turned on the audio recording function in your mobile devices.

Your continuous support would be highly appreciated.
2016-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules