Need help with Video transmission from drone to iPad
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tuckerboy1
lvl.1

ok I have a p3pro and it crashed unexpectedly I believe from a faulty battery. How ever when it come down it broke the connector on the board that the camera and the antennas plugs into . I have replaced that and now I can take pic. And video and save it to the sd card and it is fine but I get no video on my iPad.so my question is were does the video feed transmit from I was told the lightbridge transmits from the camera. Now also I took the whole gimbal and camera unit from another drone put it on mine and it work but mine will not work on the other one. So it is in the camera/gimbal unit but how if all the controls work and I can take video and pic.
2016-4-26
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Sounds like the board in the housing on the top of the gimbal was damaged, or the connections in there came loose in the crash (which you can check if you want and have the tools).  If another camera works on your aircraft body and yours does not then it is likely the place where the issue is. You can replace that board by buying a crashed camera on Ebay (and hope the board is OK), send it in to DJI for repair, or buy a new camera and gimbal from DJI or B&H or Amazon, etc..
2016-4-26
Use props
tuckerboy1
lvl.1

United States

I have already taken the gimbal apart and there is no sign of any damage to any connection cables or the board. Seams as if there is something there is messed up from just the impact. That is why I wanted to know what board transmits the lightbridge signel. Is it from the board that is part of the gimbal or the OFDM Receiver Module (Part 35) this is the board that the lightbridge antennas are hooked to. Thank you for your help
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

tuckerboy1 Posted at 2016-4-27 00:21
I have already taken the gimbal apart and there is no sign of any damage to any connection cables or ...

Hello tucker, according to your description above, your gimbal and camera work well in other drones. I think the OFDM board may have some problems after the crash. So I'd suggest you to contact support@dji.com and send it for RMA if you need.
2016-4-26
Use props
tuckerboy1
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-27 10:11
Hello tucker, according to your description above, your gimbal and camera work well in other drone ...

I said I have replaced that board already and I took the camera from another drone put it on mine and it works fine and if I put my camera on the other drone it does not work. So it has to do with something in the camera unit also it will not take the updates. I have built and repaired RC cars trucks and boats and also computers for many years I am able to change out parts just can not test them other then with another drone.
2016-4-27
Use props
tuckerboy1
lvl.1

tuckerboy1 Posted at 2016-4-27 06:33
I said I have replaced that board already and I took the camera from another drone put it on mine  ...

Do you think it could be in the board that is on the gimbal the one that takes the sd card
Thank you for any help
2016-4-27
Use props
tuckerboy1
lvl.1

United States

tuckerboy1 Posted at 2016-4-27 06:51
Do you think it could be in the board that is on the gimbal the one that takes the sd card
Thank y ...

Ok I just took the camera off the gimbal  took the board with the sd card in it and put my camera on it and put it all on my drone and everything works. So it is that board. Now the question is were can I get one
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

tuckerboy1 Posted at 2016-4-27 19:31
Ok I just took the camera off the gimbal  took the board with the sd card in it and put my camera  ...

Repairing service center is recommended.
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules