p4 Update Process
539 3 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter.stuart
New

United States

Hello,
I own a P3 Advanced which takes great images when it flies. The update process of sticking SD cards into the units and hoping the lights do what they are supposed to do and rarely do is extremely time consuming and frustrating. My craft is grounded after 10 hours of updating / downgrading etc. Its hard to tell what version is on each unit etc...My question is this: Is it alot easier to keep a phantom 4 in the air beacuse  you dont need the SD card for updating? Or should I look into 3dr Solos? All I need is a drone that is simple to keep flying, that takes good images. Thank you
2016-4-27
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

I have only had to "update" the P4 twice - once when i unboxed it, and once when the new FW was released a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, I've been in the air daily with no issues. IDK how you upgraded the FW on the P3's, but the P4 is simple, took overall about an hour or less of time (to update aircraft, RC, and App) and then I was out flying. I personally don't think the Solo touches the P4, but that's just my opinion. Can't beat the P4's features right now.
2016-4-27
Use props
jaraxle1zx
lvl.1

United States

I've not yet done the update thing.  (My p4 flies well)
Guess I have let the many post like yours frighten me out of updating.

P4 is hard to beat unless one of its features is being brick on the ground unable to fly from an update. Then I would pick the Solo.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello peter, if you have a phantom 4, you can upgrade it via DJI Go app or DJI Assistant 2, which would be more easier and convenient than P3A.
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules