Partially corrupt storage card...?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airRN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft

If I sent my copter up twice and recorded two separate clips. The first one comes in complete but the second one does not. I can watch the video on my tablet in 720dpi but it does not get captured completely on my data card. Why does it work correctly for the first flight and not the second. This has happened twice already. Maybe reformat the card???

2016-4-27
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

I had the same issue trying to use a Class10 instead of UHS-3 (haven't tested with others). It was because the write speed wasn't fast enought (i was recording 1080p 60fps)
2016-4-27
Use props
knupla2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 922 ft
United States

SD Cards are cheap.  Buy a new one, but a quality card.
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also try a different SD card.
2016-4-27
Use props
airRN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft

I appreciate the feedback. I feel better knowing that others have had the same issue. I'm using a class 10 UHS 1 card. I thought they were suppose to be very fast. Anyway, I'll reformat the card and give it one more shot and then switch out to a new card. Thanks again!
2016-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

airRN Posted at 2016-4-28 08:28
I appreciate the feedback. I feel better knowing that others have had the same issue. I'm using a cl ...

The whole spec of suggesting a Class 10 card is misleading because the card manufacturers lie about their ratings. The writing speed of the card is vitally important, the read speed is of no consequence. There are many cards that will do the job, but I only buy Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro cards, as they are able to reach the speeds required.

Another point to consider though, is whether you stopped recording at the end of the flight before shutting down the aircraft. This would also cause the issue you are talking about. If you do this, the clip is not finalised on the card and will not appear. You can fix it by putting the card back in the camera and then switching on the aircraft for 30 seconds or so. But it will only recover the last file, if you shoot two or more, they will be lost, only the last written file is fixed.

2016-4-27
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

All you have to do is reformat the ad card in the settings.
2016-4-27
Use props
Larsenandson
lvl.2

United States

2016-4-27
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Geebax says:

Another point to consider though, is whether you stopped recording at the end of the flight before shutting down the aircraft. This would also cause the issue you are talking about. If you do this, the clip is not finalised on the card and will not appear. You can fix it by putting the card back in the camera and then switching on the aircraft for 30 seconds or so. But it will only recover the last file, if you shoot two or more, they will be lost, only the last written file is fixed.

+1
what he said is your answer!
first video got fixed when starting the second video
then most likely shut down phantom without stopping recorder....

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Larsenandson Posted at 2016-4-28 08:55

And then you will lose any files that are on the card.
2016-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules