"unable to download firmware. Please retry"
1916 13 2016-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timaging
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

Trying to do my firmware upgrades. I have DJI assistant 2 running. My aircraft has a high spinning sound and I keep getting the message that the firmare can't be downloaded.

Is this a mac issue? Any reason this isn't working that anyone knows of?

Thanks
dave

2016-4-27
Use props
djb525
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262156 ft
United States

Same issue here. Tried everything. Each time I open the Assistant 2 program, it downloads about 520MB then I get a notification that a new version has been downloaded and to quit and re-open the application to enjoy the new version. I quit and re-open and it downloads again. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it, both the program and the driver and have not been able to get it to work. Fails the firmware update every time. I booted into windows via parallels and it worked fine the first time. Seems to be a bug with the mac version that hasn't been addressed yet.
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 8.01.26 PM.png
2016-4-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If its the Phantom 4 then use the Go App only.....
2016-4-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello timaging, it is recommended to use DJI Assistant 2 in MAC OS X 10.10 or later. What's more , could you provide me a screenshot of the problem you meet and your DJI Assistant 2's account ?
2016-4-28
Use props
timaging
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-28 16:00
Hello timaging, it is recommended to use DJI Assistant 2 in MAC OS X 10.10 or later. What's more , c ...

Hi, I am using DJI Assistant 2 and it does not work.

I plug in the aircraft, it spins up. DJI Assistant 2 connectect. I see Phantom 4. I click, and the list of items just spins and never refreshes. If I click again to refresh, I get nothing.

during this time, the aircraft sounds like a high spinning sound. The back 2 lights are flashing white-or maybe it's yellow but it looks white.

my account name is timaging
2016-4-28
Use props
timaging
lvl.1
United States

timaging Posted at 2016-4-28 19:17
Hi, I am using DJI Assistant 2 and it does not work.

I plug in the aircraft, it spins up. DJI Ass ...

ok, so today, I have tried again. This time it appears to be working, but very slowly.

Dave
2016-4-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

timaging Posted at 2016-4-29 06:44
ok, so today, I have tried again. This time it appears to be working, but very slowly.

Dave

Good to hear that. Did you upgrade your drone successfully?
2016-4-28
Use props
timaging
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-4-29 09:28
Good to hear that. Did you upgrade your drone successfully?

well it says it did. I have yet to fly it, but will do so today.
2016-4-30
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

The MAC version of DJI Assistant 2 is pure junk...

I've been tryinhg most of the last 6 hours to get past failure .. retry.. failure  .. failure .. retry.. failure ...failure .. retry.. failure ... and on and on it goes..

Gave up after reading many threads here that it's a pooched piece of software and I should use the DGI Go App...

Well, I power on the Phantom 4 ... the Controller ... and my iPad Air 2 hooked to the controller..

I start DGI Go App and I get no messages at all to upgrade firmware of anything ...

I obviously need to upgrade as my current versions show as:

IoS App:  2.80
Aircraft: 01.00.0170
RC: Version Unknown

So, where the heck can I simply find the current versions of the Aircraft and RC as a simple download, so I can upgrade that way somehow...

Got to tell you folks, I'm less than impressed with the quality of the software implementation and technical writing (and sequencing) surrounding it, on what to do at any given point.

Regards,
Doug
Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 1.41.48 PM.png
2016-5-8
Use props
PSHEACAN
New

Canada

I am having the same issue, not able to upgrade the new firmware to my Phantom 4 using MacBook Pro & DJI Assistant 2.  Any of you have a solution for that problem I haven't try my Phantom 4 yet, not even able to start the motors !
2016-5-8
Use props
wjlortho
lvl.1
United States

no kidding, this is a pain in the *** . Phantom 4.  I am using a pc with dji assistant 2, Iphone app version 2.8.0  ,  aircraft version 01.01.0301   , rc version 1.6.0
DJI go tells me that I need firmware upgrade and that the firmware version of  controller software version does not allow firmware upgrade through dji go. it tells me to use USB and gives a web address for a phantom 3 (no version) that does not exist.   All other references to an upgrade refers to Phantom 4 product page.       all I want to know  is what is the latest firmware for the controler, where do I find it,and how do I load it to controller via usb. If I download the phantom 3 bin file will it screw up the link to the aircraft
help
2016-5-8
Use props
wjlortho
lvl.1
United States

sorry RC Version 1.2.6+
2016-5-8
Use props
wjlortho
lvl.1
United States

well somehow I managed to upgrade to all current firmware, wish I could tell you how
2016-5-8
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

BadgerDog Posted at 2016-5-9 02:58
The MAC version of DJI Assistant 2 is pure junk...

I've been tryinhg most of the last 6 hours to ge ...

Ok, Let me repeat what I said in my previous post...

"The MAC version of DJI Assistant 2 is pure junk..."...

I didn't realize it when I received the Phantom 4, but this product is from a Chinese company.  It's not hard to tell after going through the machinations one needs to do in order to perform what should be simple software updates.  The level of technical writing, error messages, friendly version number identifications and user update process activity feedback as to what is going on during the process is abysmal, plus apparently they can't hire anyone who knows how to program for the Apple OSX operating system.

Having said that and if you're an Apple MAC OSX user, here's what you need to do.

1.  DO NOT use the Assistant 2 for the MAC, at least until they can hire a MAC programmer who understands how ZIP files work under OSX.  If you try that, you'll not only get constant upgrade failures (see previous post pic), but you'll also "pooch" your bird (or something in it's firmware memory), so that you'll not even be able to use the iOS DJI Go app to perform any firmware updates, until at least you can get the copter's firmware update to take using Assistant 2.

2.  Find a Windows based PC, download Assistant 2 for it and plug you bird into the USB port of that computer.  In my case, I have Windows 7 running under BootCamp on my Intel based MacBook Pro, so I booted my Mac up under Windows 7 and downloaded Assistant 2 for Windows.

3.  Run the UPDATE and if it fails (freezes) anywhere during the update (mine did at 57%) claiming it lost connection, even with the bird sitting a foot away from the computer, simply close Assistant 2 and restart it.  You will get an option to "refresh" the current firmware and start over.

4.  Once you've updated the copter, start up the RC Contoller and copter together, along with your tablet/phone (I'm using an iPad Air 2) and run the current version of DJI Go, which is 2.8.0.

Now because you have managed to get the firmware update to take by using a Windows PC, this time when you start DJI GO, the copter talks to the RC Controller and the DJI Go app properly, informing you that you now need to upgrade your RC controller.  That's a process that simply runs from your IOS DJI Go app and once that completes, power off everything and power it back on.

You should now be current and updated on all of the software (firmware) elements you'll need.

To be honest, DJI aught to be ashamed of themselves for selling at such premium prices, then providing a 3rd world level of product support, programming and technical writing that appears to be out of the 1990's.

Just my opinion, but at almost 70 and being a grumpy old 8086 Assembler, Fortran, Basic, C++ and Cobol programmer, it's pretty apparent to me this company has put most of it's resources into flashy marketing, mimicking shiny Apple smooth plastic looking products, then hired a bunch of "kids with ties" to provide technical substance behind it.

Apple should pull their line out of their stores until they can at least support Apple OSX properly.

2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules