Unresolved issue! Beware of updating firmware
11697 37 2015-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

After updating the firmware for 25 minutes,  the aircraft started beeping loudly. I thought the firmware update was finished. After reading the results.Txt file on the SD card, I realized I canceled the update. Now the aircraft won't update at all, can't connect to the remote app, and I can't put it back in travel mode, so I can place it back in the case.
After speaking to tech support for 2 hours, and trying everything,  they told me to try and link the aircraft with the remote app again.
However, there was a bug in the app where the command to link the 2 devices, doesn't show up (we tried on two android devices) and there is no apple app right now.  So the only advice tech support could give me was to wait for a app update, and another firmware update to address this new issue.
Things are looking bleek for me and my buggy inspire.
I hope I'm able to get a refund if thing can't fly. I wasted the last 6 hours trying to get this thing to work.  
I wish I would have known, that this thing can have so many Potential problems.  I wonder what type of problem can occur next.

2015-1-16
Use props
ppdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272799 ft
United States

did you talk to DJI online support?
2015-1-16
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

I spoke to online chat support, they could not resolve it,  and I spoke to someone in person.
2015-1-16
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

Im going to take pictures, and a video of the issues Im experiencing. However if anyone knows how to link the aircraft back to the remote, feel free to chime in! Any help would be appreciated...
2015-1-17
Use props
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Connect the aircraft to the remote. You can do this by plugging in a cord from the camera gimbal to the remote controller.
2015-1-17
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a small button on the right forward side of the Inspire, looking from tail to front. It's located just inside the black area at the edge of the white shell near the top. It's hard to spot. Use a flashlight. Try turning on the remote controller first, then the Inspire and then pushing and holding that button in for a few seconds. That's the procedure for linking a new remote to the craft, and doesn't need the app to accomplish. Let me know if that works.
2015-1-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you updated the tx as well.
2015-1-17
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

Thanks rbendjebar for the suggestion, but no success. And thanks Blade_Strike for your suggestion as well, but still no success. Here's a video detailing the issue I'm having.
2015-1-17
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-18 11:21
Thanks rbendjebar for the suggestion, but no success. And thanks Blade_Strike for your suggestion as ...

I received a email from DJI, asking me to select the Master as Image. I wish these guys would call me, because this is something that the phone support tried already multiple times with no success.

But in all fairness I tried it, and I taped it to show the results for everyone, here's the link: http://youtu.be/xUTnmnN1cIM

I would think something like this would be clear, and simple to resolve, but I guess not.

So Once again, If anyone knows how to link the remote control back the Inspire1 please let me know.
Refer to the videos here:
and here: http://youtu.be/xUTnmnN1cIM
for more clarity on the issue/s. Thanks in Advance!
2015-1-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Like the above post suggest try linking by the front red button. You can clearly see it in your video.
2015-1-18
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for your response, but clicking on that red button in the front of the inspire1 doesn't link the remote with the inspire 1.  I've tried it with phone support, and I tried again based on your suggestion earlier, and still no success.

When you press the red button nothing happens.  

Now,  Maybe that's part of the procedure, but simply pressing the red button, then restarting the inspire1 does nothing to resolve my issue.  

Does anyone else have a solution/idea/suggestion?

2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

Man Im stumped as well...

Mine works fine and I do see the txt files and it states  Tresult : success

TX took the install of firmware quickly like 2 mins looked good.

I have the same issue as you  pilot app status screen blank.
firmware update app version 1.0.2.RC.1.03 as well here

All went smooth when the firmware hit the drone  it ran thru a series of beeps and flashing lights then it locked up 15 mins into the install flashing red and beeping for 45 mins I too powered it down battery was about dead as well..ughh..........................................Pilot app said no SD and gave no status during the firmware install.

Says ready to fly .Motors come on it throttles up in no GPS mode(good yellow flashing light) I did notice the throttle speed increasing all on its own when I hit the throttle a few times without props .
Video feed was there and no request to update firmware as well.

Im stumped and tired...Funny thing is it looks like everything is operable.

Any ideas ..ty.
Would it help to pop out the SD reformat it dump the bin file on the SD insert the sd with new firm
ware again and power it up??
2015-1-18
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

The Colonel Posted at 2015-1-19 02:29
Man Im stumped as well...

Mine works fine and I do see the txt files and it states  Tresult : succe ...

Thanks for trying The Colonel, so far I've tried everyone's suggestions. With no success. I tried to reinstall the firmware, by reformatting the card, and placing the.bin file on the SD card by itself, and placing the sd card back in the camera-No Good
I tried rebinding the remote by connecting the Inspire1 to the remote and clicking the red button and restarting it - No good
Also tried linking the remote in the software, like it says in the manual- But the Android app has no option to link the remote, and it won't switch to Master, or slave mode- no good. (see video: )
I wish I could just get these seemingly simple issues resolved, any more suggestions?
2015-1-18
Use props
The Colonel
lvl.4

United States

Uom hope yah gets this worked out keep us informed. I save all data off the SD during updates don't know how that will help if needed but keep us informed.
2015-1-18
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

After a whole day of troubleshooting, making videos of my issues, emailing tech support, and chatting with online support, still no success. Hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine on my Inspire1. Im still open for suggestions though.
2015-1-18
Use props
kw9924
lvl.2

Hong Kong

For those who got stuck with firmware update, this may be a cure

http://youtu.be/MFP13b5mR9I
2015-1-18
Use props
nicholasbowersm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5282280 ft
United States

ppdrone Posted at 2015-1-17 06:41

I am so sick of this question.  Dji support is a joke. A joke a joke a joke.  Read the manual and you will know more than dji support!
2015-1-18
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

It's a new day, and I'm still looking for a solution.
2015-1-19
Use props
driving.email
lvl.4

Australia

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-19 23:13

I really hope you find an answer to this issue...Your are so very patient.

Is there a reset button on the TX? Or could it be left on to run flat and reset itself...Take the battery out of the craft for a while?
I don't have mine yet too know but just simple suggestions

2015-1-19
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

uomemoney, can you PM me?  I have some ideas
2015-1-19
Use props
uomemoney
lvl.2

United States

sthuemmel I can't PM, but I would love to hear your ideas!
2015-1-19
Use props
mlglisson.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-20 07:36

Are you STILL struggling with that thing? What's  it been 3 days? I wish you the best!..
2015-1-19
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

uomemoney, Are you on rcgroups (http://www.rcgroups.com)or inspirepilots (www.inspirepilots.com)?  If so PM me from there or give me your user name.
thanks
2015-1-20
Use props
kevtrex
New

United States

Did you figure this out?  I had the same issue.  I connected the RC to the (non camera) usb, pressed a bunch of buttons and eventually it stopped...  I am completely updated now and after a month of having this 3000 dollar piece of plastic sit on my table, I can now fly!

2015-2-11
Use props
guytucker
New
United States

For those that have this problem (as I did) but don't want to spend time waiting for tech support (as I did), here's the fix:

After you upgrade firmware on the Inspire, you won't be able to connect the transmitter until it, too, has rec'd the firmware update.  Grab a spare USB thumbdrive....download the same firmware packet you used on the RC...make sure there are no other files on the USB...then follow DJI's instructions for upgrading firmware on the RC (plug in USB drive, turn on RC, update begins in 60 sec).

This has solved the issue for me.
2015-3-6
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

uomemoney,
Dude I have been there! Same problem with my Inspire, the update failed and I couldn't link the remotes to the craft. Emails, online chats, the works...

In the end I formatted a sub thumb drive and installed the two firmware files. I plugged it into my master controller with three battery indicator lights. Powered up the controller and did nothing. In about a minute the controller began to finally take the update. Everything went back to normal after 4 minutes or so.... Strange  thing is I did not reinstall the update for the craft, and yet it reads "latest firmware"...

Just glad to have it back, had to pull those to screws from the arms of the inspire that attach to the worm gear drive to be able to pack the craft back into the case to take it on the plane, not knowing if it would ever work again...
2015-3-6
Use props
lukebowerman.ya
lvl.2

Malta

Question, why does your rc not make a sound on power up and remains white?  Had the same issue just needed a fix from dji and it worked.
2015-3-6
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-19 23:13

I had the same problem, many days wasted on this!

Solution:

My dealer exchanged the gimbal and the update worked!

I'll get a new gimbal.
2015-3-6
Use props
jared.escapeadv
New

United States

So I got my drone back with from being repaired with 2 blown engines and a firey crach. I waited a month for it. Got it and have this link problem. I tried everything said above, then took it to Drones Plus. They could not figure it out and said they had a floor model Inspre 1 that has been locked from the RC and Aircarft from the day they got it. Dead in the water...and those guys are one only a few dealers in USA with a storefront and repair center. They said put it in the box and mail it waay.  UGHHH!!!!!!!
These guys are AWEFUL!!!!!!!! and to add to this....I waited on the phone for an hour...finally got someone...gave him my number immediately just in case we got disconnected... and he hung me up! My drone is BROKEN ...so what do i do now...I guess just give bad feedback ;( Bummer

2015-4-20
Use props
chibberts
lvl.1

United States

I had similar issue. Try taking out your sd card. Turn everything on and try a couple of stick motions. Once I got my engines spinning and went through the controls everything seemed to work. Make sure b4 you put your card back in to remove the update from it.
2015-4-20
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

Hello guys. I have a problem on DJI Inspire 1. I 've been flying yesterday and after i landed the drone, i decided to see what i have shot. But suddenly it wrote no Signal. I have tried everything, tried to reinstall the DJI Pilot app on my Ipad Air 2, used an android, checked everything inside the gimbal ( Everything is ok ) But still it says no Signal. I tried to upgrade the firmware but it has no reaction. This idiots from DJI doesnt know anything. So please If somebody of you had the same problem, please help me! Here is a screen shot of app while no Signal
2015-6-4
Use props
starship
lvl.4

United States

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-18 11:21
Thanks rbendjebar for the suggestion, but no success. And thanks Blade_Strike for your suggestion as ...

In your video, you don't have the link menu.... so my suggestion is uninstall the pilot app and reinstall it.... or better yet try a different phone or tablet.  The link menu should show up as an option even if you don't have the tablet plugged into your transmitter.
2015-6-4
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same EXACT thing happened to me. It only went into "Gimbal attach mode" or "Flight mode" I could not get it into travel mode. Neither the controller or app would help. (Though the controller did work as I was able to get the motors to spin) Nothing else though - even the camera, and while I mention the camera..As it was loading and NEVER made the rhythmic beeps - only some scratching type of noises...It got EXTREMELY hot I mean Damaging type of heat. I ended up with an RMA# and sent it to the L.A. Torrance offices for repair, (FYI it took 4 emails to finally arrive at an email which got my final helpful answer to "Send it in") Now you may ask "since you couldn't get it into travel mode how did you ship it?" Good question (If you asked) As it was lowering into "Flight mode" - The body would be lowering while the wings would be raising - I PULLED THE BATTERY Prematurely (Though NOT recommended by DJI) But by doing this I was able to stop it in just the right position for it to fit into it's case.
2015-6-4
Use props
ABQ Airships
New

United States

ppdrone Posted at 2015-1-17 06:41

After 2 days.... I got V01.3.0.00 to work.... After many many many tries...

I started from scratch.

1. Formatted SD card
2. Loaded .bin file on
3. It worked and did all 7 batteries.

I think the trick was formatting the SD card.

Must had been some hidden file that messed it up.

Worked for me...  Good Luck...

"W"  
2015-8-13
Use props
dbaker
New

Canada

ppdrone Posted at 2015-1-16 18:41

No, they are on holiday in North America today.
2015-9-7
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

uomemoney Posted at 2015-1-19 18:36

Have you updated to the latest DJI go  app software on your Android?  Not sure but it looks like you might be using the old app.  If not go to the app store and install the latest DJI GO Software.  Hope this is the case.
2015-9-7
Use props
tombueno
New

Brazil

Same problem here. Tried every thing. Formated the pen drive several times and nothing. Then I formated it in normal speed, not fast one, several minutes for a 8gb one. But it worked....   So, try that who still with the problem....
2015-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules