Litchi Waypoint
2183 7 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnuscheuer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10820 ft

I have been using DJI GO and recently started playing around with Litchi. I really like this app, especially when it comes to waypoint entry. What I'm not sure about is how to get out of "Waypoint flywing" and take over manually. There may be times when it may become necessary to take over the contol. I am using the Phantom 4. I have seen reference made to switching from 'S' to "F" or vise-versa but I don't see that specifically on my remote that comes with the P4. On the top left-hand corner of the Litchi display there is a button for "FPV" and "Waypoint", I was thinking that maybe I should switch back to "FPV" but am a bit hestitant to try it when it's flying. I thought it better to ask than have to possibly pick it up with a shovel.
2016-4-28
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

On the P4 you fly with Litchi in the P mode - to cancel a mission i.e take control you simply need to switch out of P mode e.g into S mode and then you can switch back to P mode and continue manual flying.
2016-4-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Flick the top left switch on your controller back to P mode and you are back in controll.
2016-4-28
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2

Thanks guys, big help. They don't mention that when you get the P4 you also get a whole bunch of questions for the same low price. It's good to have a forum like this. Since the P4 is so new, most of the stuff I see on the Internet has to do with the P3 and some things have changed. Thanks again!
2016-4-28
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2

birdingbilly Posted at 2016-4-29 00:45
On the P4 you fly with Litchi in the P mode - to cancel a mission i.e take control you simply need t ...

Thanks guys, big help. They don't mention that when you get the P4 you also get a whole bunch of questions for the same low price. It's good to have a forum like this. Since the P4 is so new, most of the stuff I see on the Internet has to do with the P3 and some things have changed. Thanks again!
2016-4-28
Use props
kirkd1989
lvl.2

United States

is that app worth it? what all does it do?
2016-4-28
Use props
navydoc
lvl.2

United States

I just got the Litchi app and here is my first, very brief, waypoint 'mission' using the Litchi app for Android. I still need to learn more about what is possible but so far am very pleased with the results it gives.

I really like the idea of being able to create a 'mission' on my computer and then sync it to the P4 when I'm ready to fly it.  I also like the idea of creating multiple points of interests for the camera to focus on during the flight and to interpolate the rotation from one POI to the next smoothly.  I haven't even tried the other modes yet.

2016-4-28
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2

kirkd1989 Posted at 2016-4-29 01:16
is that app worth it? what all does it do?

I just started using the app and it is a snap to set waypoints with it. You don't have to be flying so you can set your waypoints from your recliner in the evening and save them. I also use a program called Mission Hub that you can get through the Litchi software, there is a link to it. It allows you to set the points on your PC and it syncs to my Samsung Galaxy. I seems to be much user friendly than DJI Go. There are probably pro's and con's to both packages but I'm leaning towards LItchi although it costs $20 I think it's worth it.
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules