1198 6 2016-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Last edited by Rex59 In 2016-4-27 06:03 Editor

After reading through the service forums at appears that DJI has received an inordinate number of complaints when it comes to after-sale service issues. Without going into full detail, I'll just say that I am one of those people who have lodged a complaint. It would seem that right or wrong, DJI almost always attributes damage and crashes  to operator error. Would it not be in DJI's best interest to include a complete and detailed owners manual with each and every unit they send to customers instead of having them have to hunt and search the Internet for instructions on how to safely and correctly operate their drone? The benfits of having a detailed manual would be twofold. One, all of the information on how to safely operate their drone would be at the owners fingertips which would eliminate the need to endlessly having to search for the large number of instructional videos and two, it would give DJI something better to fall back on in the event of a dispute about whether a crash/damage was due to the operator not following the correct safety procedures. I see this as a perfect solution to what many of us feel are ambiguous reasons for the denial of warranty repair. It would also take some heat off of DJI as well, given the fact that all the company would have to do in explaning their service decisions is reference the specific part of the owners manual that explains the error that the operator made. I think that even your company would readily admit that there are some growing pains associated with your service. Providing an owners manual might help ease those pains. Just a thought.

2016-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We live in a connected age, the problem with a printed manual is that it would soon go out of date. If the Phantom 3 was anything top go by then there were fairly regular updates to firmware.
And for the P4 we are currently on 2nd release, and that's since what, the start of March ?
I fully agree a hard copy of the manual would be nice to have, but probably not practical from DJI's point of view.
A copy could always be printed from the latest published pdf if required.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI do have manuals for all their products.
There is a copy of the manual in the Go app or it doesn't take much effort to find it at:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
.... etc etc.
2016-5-8
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-8 20:13
DJI do have manuals for all their products.
There is a copy of the manual in the Go app or it doesn' ...

Thanks for enlightening me labroides. I was not aware of this.
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rex59 Posted at 2016-5-9 11:40
Thanks for enlightening me labroides. I was not aware of this.

That's OK.
DJI should put a notice in the top of the Phantom box with a message in big letters telling everyone where to find the manuals.
2016-5-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Or print a hyperlink to said manual in the getting started booklet. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-5-8
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I agree that this is one of the areas where DJI is not the industry leader.  A CD with instructional videos would not be that hard to include in the box along with a link to any updated versions on the web.  While I am aware DJI has some videos on it's website it took entirely too long for them to appear and they, like the firmware, need frequent updates.  Sadly, it seems DJI has left that task up to the users to post them on YouTube and you have to hunt for them.
2016-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules