Gimble not moving/no signal
1047 11 2016-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kansas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107454 ft
United States

My inspire1 black all of the sudden won't connect to the app, says no signal, and basically the gimble/camera won't do anything-just limp. I wasn't really paying attention but it may have happened when updating the firmware. I've done this with this drone and my previous inspire1 without issue. There is a possibility that I updated the handset first so I installed the previous firmware I think and also tried an old handset. At this point I can put turn everything on and the app says no signal and the drone powers up and the green light pops on the camera but it never moves (like it does on start up). I have a mini sd with the new firmware in the camera and it doesn't begin to load at all-no beeping no flashing, etc. I'm beyond frustrated and I feel like I have tried a million things that I have read online to no avail. Please help!
2016-4-28
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The latest firmware updates change the encryption between the controller and the aircraft. That means that the RC and the aircraft must BOTH be either on the new firmware OR the old firmware. Otherwise they will not be able to communicate.

So, verify the RC version and the aircraft version. Get them on compatible versions and they will be able to talk. If after you get them on the same version, they still aren't talking, you may need to re-link your controller.

There are numerous recent threads about this issue and assistance with upgrading and downgrading. As you proceed, post any additional questions.
2016-4-29
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have done as Terry stated and still does not work please post a log located on the sd card: x\misc\log\logname
(you must enable hidden files and folders in your computers OS)
2016-4-29
Use props
kansas
lvl.1

Thanks guys! The problem seems that I'm putting the sd card in the camera attached to the drone and it doesn't do anything to update or downgrade - in other words no flashing lights, no beeping. I understand that they need to be the same but at this point I can't downgrade or upgrade the drone itself -handset is no issue and I've linked...any way to take the camera off and upgrade the firmware via cord?  
2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

kansas Posted at 2016-4-29 10:57
Thanks guys! The problem seems that I'm putting the sd card in the camera attached to the drone and  ...

Kansas You must rollback the  RC to 1.58 version then load the aircraft with version 1.8, then load the RC back to 1.6.  ( the Aircraft  will spring to life when you get 1.58 back on the RC )  YOU WERE CURRENT ON THE UPDATES TILL NOW CORRECT ? important

This is what happens when you  load the RC Transmitter before the Aircraft, ( the camera goes limp and wont do anything )  Rollback the RC to 1.58 and re-establish communication between the two, ( You should not have to re- link  at this point )   then load 1.8 to the AC and then update to 1.6 on the RC
Below in the next post is video on how to roillback to 1.58

Make sure you are using the proper version for the Inspire 1  the numbers look the same but I assure you they are different.  If you have the Pro , be sure to use that version, if it is the standard , use that one .  

Make sure the Aircraft is off when updating the RC transmitter and Make Dam sure the RC is off when updating Aircraft.

If you have any trouble rolling-back with the tutorial below, let me (Us ) know  .  Make sure you have a solid wi-fi connection  when rolling back and make sure aircraft is OFF.  Make sure you have a solid charge on I pad and RC Transmitter as well  ( I-pad or whatever device go app is on )

donnie

2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Thanks guys! The problem seems that I'm putting the sd card in the camera attached to the drone and  ...

Kansas " I understand that they need to be the same but at this point I can't downgrade or upgrade "

I just want to make sure you understand, the MATCH for the current Upgrade will be the RC is at RC version 1.6  and the Aircraft  is at 1.8.  The numbers will not be literally the same, a lot of pilots get this wrong and try to load 1.8 on the RC and the Aircraft.  

The Previous Match was Aircraft 1.7 and the RC is 1.58.   It will not work any other way.  

That is why you need to rollback to 1.58 on the RC, -reconnect with the aircraft ( which is still at 1.7 )  Then load 1.8 on the aircraft and then 1.6 on the RC.

I am going to give you a link to my tips page, it is for Phantom pilots but the rules are the same for Uploading FW. It is on the next post .

I am having trouble adding links to my Posts for some reason and must make a new one.

donnie

2016-4-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Tips page for loading FW to your aircraft :

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
2016-4-29
Use props
kansas
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Donnie-I didn't know I could do that on the app. I was current with the updates to the best of my knowledge. So I got that done on the rc but drone still won't update when I put the sd in-still no communication - still says gimble disconnected in app. I'm beyond frustrated
2016-5-2
Use props
kansas
lvl.1
United States

But what did change was that the status is now back whereas it was blank before I did the rc downgrade that you mentioned.
2016-5-2
Use props
kansas
lvl.1
United States

And the app is reverting back to inspire1 instead of the pro which is what I have-I select inspire1 pro on app then fire everything up (otherwise it went straight in without letting me choose) and it goes back to inspire1
2016-5-2
Use props
kansas
lvl.1
United States

After downgrading the rc and restarting everything to no avail support told me to enter and exit travel mode and that is what finally worked
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules