9268 43 2016-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
archesson
New

United States

Phantom 3 Advanced

I have No Signal showing on the app.

I updated the firmware of the controller from the DJI GO app. App version 2.8.0 Version 1.15, Remote Controller 1.6.0. The app is not showing any other firmware available. Radio Channel Quality is good.  I have tried downloading the firmware (1.8 from the website) to the SD card and inserting into  a card reader and booting the controller, but it doesn't update. I tried the same firmware on the Aircraft.

Under remote controller settings in the app, it says "Linking RC". I have tried relinking the controller, and get a "Linking Complete", but it still says Linking RC , and it still says signal lost.

I have reformated the SD card, inserted it into the Aircraft, and the DJI Go app still says "Firmware is of the latest Version"

What else can I do to re-link?

2016-4-30
Use props
Donats836
New

Latvia

Have the same problem after firmware update. With previous versions there was no problems with it.
2016-4-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

You have to have the aircraft on 1.8 and the RC on 1.6. OR the aircraft on 1.7 and the RC on 1.5.8.
Sounds like you have 1.6 on the RC. What firmware do you have on the aircraft ?
You DO NOT install the 1.8 firmware from the Phantom Advanced webpage into the RC. You ONLY put the SD card into the aircraft.
Format the SD card again and make sure to only put the extracted BIN file onto the SD card. The insert it into the aircraft and power it up. DO NOT power up the RC during the entire process.
Wait for up to 25 minutes and when the camera LED turns solid green and the beep sequence changes you are finished. If you have multiple batteries, power off the aircraft and install each battery with the same SD card and it will update each battery if there is a battery update depending on what version firmware you have in the aircraft.
2016-4-30
Use props
archesson
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-30 14:22
You have to have the aircraft on 1.8 and the RC on 1.6. OR the aircraft on 1.7 and the RC on 1.5.8.

I connected the drone via USB to my computer, reformatted the SD Card, and copies the bin file to the SD Card. (RC is not powered on)

I have red lights in the front, and flashing yellow lights in the rear.

The light above the camera is solid green.

There are no sounds or beeps like I have had with other firmware updates.

The light below the serial number (beside the reset button) is solid red)

I am going to let it sit for a while, but I don't think it's loading the firmware.

How can I tell what the current firmware is?
2016-5-2
Use props
cmmettler
lvl.2

United States

Delete the DJI app of your device - then re-install it.
Sounds like Bull - but it worked for me.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

archesson Posted at 2016-5-3 01:45
I connected the drone via USB to my computer, reformatted the SD Card, and copies the bin file to  ...

Disconnect the aircraft from the computer and install the BIN file on the SD card then power up the aircraft ONLY.
2016-5-2
Use props
archesson
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-2 14:25
Disconnect the aircraft from the computer and install the BIN file on the SD card then power up th ...

Ken:

That is what I did.  I am not getting a log file on the SD card either.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

archesson Posted at 2016-5-3 03:13
Ken:

That is what I did.  I am not getting a log file on the SD card either.

If you downloaded 1.8 from the P3 Advanced page and your sure you only have the BIN file on the SD card and it does not do anything with the aircraft powered on and the RC powered OFF, then it sounds like it is already updated to 1.8.
And when the RC and aircraft are powered on and the LED on the RC is green then it sounds like you are on 1.5.8 on the RC and it needs to be on 1.6
Power everything on and post a screen shot of the overall status page and the about page.
2016-5-2
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

I'm having an issue also   I installed the BIN successfully onto the drone but where do I get the correct RC update  because I am unable to establish a link between the 2    I can't enter "Live View"
2016-5-2
Use props
archesson
New

United States

Here are the screenshots:

https://goo.gl/photos/SCz4J3dMmbbdyGub6

2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

archesson Posted at 2016-5-2 16:43
Here are the screenshots:

https://goo.gl/photos/SCz4J3dMmbbdyGub6

Your aircraft is not at the correct (latest) firmware to match up with the remote control firmware.  It looks like you remote control and your app are the latest, but you need to try to load the 1.8 bin file on to the Micro SD card and then try to update the firmware on the aircraft again.  You have very old firmware on the aircraft at this point.  The firmware on the aircraft should read 1.8.80 if successful..

2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-2 15:24
I'm having an issue also   I installed the BIN successfully onto the drone but where do I get the co ...

If the bin file successfully worked on the aircraft, turn it off update the app in your phone/table to the current 2.8 and relaunch the application.  Go into camera view (you won't see the camera working yet), but you should see a message to upgrade the firmware on the Remote Control.  Make sure you have a good wireless connection on your phone or tablet and upgrade the Remote Control.  After that, and assuming it is successful, you may have to re-link the Remote Control and Aircraft.  There are DJI Tutorial videos on doing the Remote Control and Aircraft firmware as well as re-linking the Remote Control and Aircraft.. Hope this helps...
2016-5-2
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-2 16:20
If the bin file successfully worked on the aircraft, turn it off update the app in your phone/tabl ...

I deleted the app off of my tablet and my phone and still nothing .   I am unable to see anything on the DJI Go App except the tutorial page
2016-5-2
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-2 16:30
I deleted the app off of my tablet and my phone and still nothing .   I am unable to see anything  ...

I am unable to go into camera view at all
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-3 05:31

If the status bar says disconnected then your device is not talking to the RC. If you see aircraft disconnected then the device is connected to the RC but the RC needs to be linked to the aircraft (also RC LED is RED. If GREEN, then RC is connected to the aircraft.

So what color is the LED on the RC. And also it may be your device is not communicating with the RC.
What device are you using.
2016-5-2
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I have noticed, that since I upgraded to 1.8... I do get no connection quite often, but as of 2 days ago, I've made it a habit to power on the radio, THEN plug in the tablet, THEN go into DJI app, and only then power on the drone. Did not have no connection since then.....  Could it be that the radio does not like the phone already plugged in while it's booting up?
Mind you this is android, I did not play with iPads much, not sure if I will....
DJI, any thoughts on that? I've heard of many people complaining about it, and I did experience it intermittently too.....
GT
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-2 17:31

Ken..  I've seen this before where all the home screen says is "Take the Tutorial" and doesn't allow you to even get to Camera View (regardless of connection to aircraft)..

Show Me Drone...

I'm assuming you mean you deleted the app and reinstalled it and you can't get to the "camera view" page and that it only says "take the tutorial"?  Are you on IOS or Android?  Is that where you are at?  If the app isn't installed, reinstall it (make sure it is 2.8) and try again..

If you already have the app on your phone, I've been there and unfortunately what I had to do was a full reset (in my case was an iPad) by connecting to iTunes and doing the reset from there.  You MUST do the reset from iTunes.. Make sure to do a backup first so you can restore.  For whatever reason, it is a hiccup that Apple advised DJI to tell folks to reload from iTunes..  If you're on Android, not sure how you do the reset..
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-2 17:59
I have noticed, that since I upgraded to 1.8... I do get no connection quite often, but as of 2 days ...

I'm on an iPad and iPhone and I wire the RC and phone/Tablet (which is already powered on) together, but my startup sequence has always then been to start the RC, then the Aircraft (wait till aircraft does the camera sequence) and rear lights change, then start DJI-GO app.. Never had an issue (other than the reset I needed to do on iPad)..  Hope it helps..
2016-5-2
Use props
Donats836
New

Latvia

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-3 00:59
I have noticed, that since I upgraded to 1.8... I do get no connection quite often, but as of 2 days ...

I think you are absolutely right! After the upgrade I had the same problem with the video link ("no signal" discussed here). By connecting the drone  the same way as you said, the problem disappeared. Interesting is it problem with update software or OS Android.
2016-5-2
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Donats836 Posted at 2016-5-2 22:40
I think you are absolutely right! After the upgrade I had the same problem with the video link ("no ...

I would guess some driver incompatibility during bootup, and bootup only.. I did more testing today, worked like a charm! Hope the people who have issue will catch on!
2016-5-2
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-2 17:06
Ken..  I've seen this before where all the home screen says is "Take the Tutorial" and doesn't all ...

I am running Android   
2016-5-3
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

I'm only familiar with how to reset on IOS, but I assume it's something similar on Android?  Check on how you do a backup and factory reset for your device then try to load and restart the app.  It worked for me on IOS but there were some other issues with IOS that I don't think existed on Android.  I really don't know if it is because the app leaves some trace of itself even though it's deleted or what, but a reset is the only way I know to make sure all traces are gone.  Is there anyone else around you with a DJI drone that can help?
2016-5-3
Use props
localizer01
New
United States

I am also having major difficulties. All are updated as they should be. When I try to get the aircraft to start, all I get is "ESC ERROR, shutdown aircraft and start again". Now I have a $1000 paper weight.
2016-5-3
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

ok  , so I reinstalled the latest update ,checked and it was successful, App is the current one, turned on the RC 1st then the tablet and then connected them (Phone)  Tablet still isn't working  .  I now have camera view  so I go to the flying  screen and it says in BRIGHT RED " Firmware Upgrade Required "   I tapped on that and this screen says     AIRCRAFT STATUS   next line says Updates Required so I tapped on that      It says  OVERALL STATUS  and a red exclamation point says ....................................... RC update required. See firmware tutorial videos in Academy for details     What am I missing here ????????????????  and where is Academy ?
2016-5-3
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-3 10:07
ok  , so I reinstalled the latest update ,checked and it was successful, App is the current one, tur ...

found academy
2016-5-3
Use props
mbordao
lvl.1

Brazil

I have a phantom 3 4K he is giving no signal on DJI GO app and the app says that with the latest version, so did the update when you first called the drone would like to know how do I know if the update was done correctly or no thank you

I would when going out a new update for the phantom 3 4K
2016-5-3
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-3 10:07
ok  , so I reinstalled the latest update ,checked and it was successful, App is the current one, tur ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wred3e ... -33%5B1%5D.png?dl=0      Here is a link to what the last screen says .    I have done the Sticks calibration and the gimbal calibration
2016-5-3
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

any help out there ?  I was on chat with a tech yesterday for an hour with NO help what-so-ever
2016-5-3
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

localizer01 Posted at 2016-5-3 08:18
I am also having major difficulties. All are updated as they should be. When I try to get the aircra ...

ESC error? R u still under warranty? If so I am sure they'll take care of it, if not, I would hope they'd assist you with figuring out what to replace. Sucks though
2016-5-3
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-3 14:28
any help out there ?  I was on chat with a tech yesterday for an hour with NO help what-so-ever

So what is the problem now? Still firmware update or no connection on the tablet? Is this Standard or some other P3?
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-3 13:28

Did you follow the direction in the app on how to update the fw? Please make sure you update the craft before the RC.
2016-5-3
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

mbordao Posted at 2016-5-3 09:25
I have a phantom 3 4K he is giving no signal on DJI GO app and the app says that with the latest ver ...

During the update there's a txt file created on the sd card in the camera (at least on advanced and pro), if you pull that SD card into your PC and look at that file, you should be able to see if the update was done or not.
GT
2016-5-3
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

Yes, the drone update was successful.. I can't get the RC to update though
2016-5-3
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I had the same problems after the latest update. But not anymore. I found the solution in another thread. Before you delete the DJI Go app don't forget to sync your logs to cloud. I didn't and lost around 20 logs.
Delete first the cache from the phone and then delete the app. Make sure that there is no other files in the phone. Then install again the app on your Android. It worked for me. Before doing that I find a quick fix, by pulling out the USB cable and restarting the RC. I don't need that anymore and I already had 5 flights after the re-installing without any No Signal/Disconnected.
2016-5-3
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-4 04:35
So what is the problem now? Still firmware update or no connection on the tablet? Is this Standard ...

This is my problem now            https://www.dropbox.com/s/wred3e ... -33%5B1%5D.png?dl=0                My remote says that it isn't at the same firmware as my drone is BUT I can't  update it thru the RC
2016-5-4
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

Here is what my RC says   Big Red Box says  FIRMWARE UPGRADE REQUIRED    ( also says  RC Firmware inconsistent . Update in " Overall Status "   so I tap the red box.  Next screen is the Aircraft Status screen   I then tap the Overall Status button that says  UPDATES REQUIRED.   Next screen says ....... Remote Controller Update Required. See firmware upgrade tutorial videos in Academy for details .      I can not go any further than that screen to update
2016-5-4
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-5 01:02
Here is what my RC says   Big Red Box says  FIRMWARE UPGRADE REQUIRED    ( also says  RC Firmware in ...

just playing around with some button on the RC   App is 2.8.0       Drone is 1.8.80      RC is 1.1.8
2016-5-4
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

Show Me Drone Posted at 2016-5-5 01:02
Here is what my RC says   Big Red Box says  FIRMWARE UPGRADE REQUIRED    ( also says  RC Firmware in ...

Is this helpful information or not ?
2016-5-4
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
United States

My RC says it's 1.6.0, the rest of it looks the same on my advanced...
2016-5-4
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.2

gtokarsk Posted at 2016-5-5 05:11
My RC says it's 1.6.0, the rest of it looks the same on my advanced...

I believe this is where my issue is .   I haven't done an upgrade since the 2nd one   I installed the newest onto the drone and it took  but I can't upgrade my remote by using the remote control .and I can't install an older version using the USB ( the old way )
2016-5-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules