Misc folder on SD card over 4Gb
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

After my flight today I downloaded the videos from my P3A and backed them up on my PC. I always leave the last video on the SD card.
After I had deleted the other videos and pictures I noticed that the MISC folder was over 4Gb. On further investigation I discovered that
the THM folder was 3.97Gb. its full of files ending .THM and .RLV is it ok to delete the contents of this folder to save space or should I keep it.

Regards

George
2016-5-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's perfectly fine (and a good idea) to format the SD card every time you copy your images and videos across to your computer.
2016-5-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I format before each outing starts (in the drone, not the PC).
2016-5-1
Use props
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks guys,

I will do the same from now on
2016-5-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have never felt disappointment like arriving at a predestined location, getting setup for a great afternoon of flying only to discover the sd card is already full.
I soon realized that a new larger 64gb sd card was going to be a great starting point, to memorable days afield in the near future.
Some guys profess a new sd card with each consecutive battery change.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The THM file is a thumbnail file, and not essential to anything you may want to do. The LRV file is a Low Resolution Video file that contains a low res version of your clip. It is typically used by editing systems that can utilise proxies for editing. Again, unless you specifically want them, they are of little use to you either.

As Labroides suggest, it is a good idea to copy off your clips after a flight then re-format the SD card to clear off all the spurious files it generates.
2016-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules