DJI Blade removal tool
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Everyone,

I have managed to snap the blade removal tool that came with my P3A (not undoing a blade).
I have tried searching for a replacement on the DJI site but I cannot find one.

Please can anyone give me the part number and how to actually order one.

Thanks

George
2016-5-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Do you need one?  I'd send you mine FOC but I'd want it for if I ever sell my P3 on eBay.
2016-5-1
Use props
G_MEZ_G
lvl.3

United States

I'm curious as well. Who really uses this?
2016-5-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I use my hand! In fact, I only use one hand to install and remove props, but I try to take them on and off as little as possible.  I don't want to wear the plastic threads.
2016-5-1
Use props
GeorgeDonovan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917336 ft
United Kingdom

I don't use it to tighten or remove the blades but like nigelw said I thought that I should have one in case I ever sale the P4A.
I snapped it trying to remove the camera lens to fit an ND16 filter that I brought. I was struggling to  remove the lens and I
had a brilliant idea..... I thought that I could use the blade removal tool - wrong thing to try.
In the end my friend suggest using an elastic band around the lens so that I could get a better grip.
2016-5-1
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

I have never used mine either.
2016-5-1
Use props
jyurkyandsons
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like he's the only one using one never even looked at mine it's still in the box .
2016-5-1
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

I use mine every time i put on an take off my props.
I don't want to risk a prop coming off during a flight and watch my P3P fall to the ground. I have tested the props for tightness between battery changes,a few times i have just tweeked a prop a bit.
Its more piece of mind than needing to.
2016-5-2
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

I've needed mine to remove a prop, once or twice, but 99.9% of the time, it stays in the box along with all the little parts that came with the drone.
2016-5-2
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Is that what that extra piece of plastic is???... A blade/prop removal tool.?...,  I threw mine back in the box and then the wife in her relentless quest to tidy things up threw the box away.. Grrrrrrrr!

.... Does anybody have the part number for a wife removal tool!!!!

2016-5-2
Use props
dmartin.ealnet
lvl.2
United States

I use mine every time I attach or remove props.  It makes me feel like I get a more consistent snug fit each time.  And my fat fingers have trouble holding the motor from turning.
2016-5-2
Use props
superik.nice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184058 ft
France

GeorgeDonovan Posted at 2016-5-1 23:09
I don't use it to tighten or remove the blades but like nigelw said I thought that I should have one ...

Hello,
I ise for both props and lens removal.
I ve searched on several web sites, but haven t found this tool yet.
Maybe some compatible tool can be used (but I haven t found one too).
Eric
2016-5-2
Use props
JerEl
lvl.2

Poland

GeorgeDonovan Posted at 2016-5-1 17:09
I don't use it to tighten or remove the blades but like nigelw said I thought that I should have one ...

GeorgeDonovan - The problem folks have in removing the lens is that they squeeze too hard.  So sqeezing it with a device usually won't work.  Try to use as many fingers as possible and squeeze lightly.  Putting a rubber band around it will give a more grip but if you squeeze to hard you defeat the purpose.
2016-5-2
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

Mine is still in the box. Maybe someone can upload a Video on how to use the Tool., I didn't find any instructions. It's like having a Yard Sale and don't tell anyone
2016-5-2
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

I used to use mine, but just started tightening them with my hand holding the motors. Oddly enough, I got a backup P3P that has a completely different tool since the motors are completely different. This one is more like a nutcracker than a wrench. I used to just spin them on until I read that was one of the most common mistakes by newbies. They shouldn't really advertise them as 'self tightening' if you need to tighten them? What do I know.  

Barney
2016-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules