Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV improve camera work?
1690 18 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

I was hoping that fpv like headplay hd would make a more immersive flying experience and allow one to achieve better camera work results . Anyone have that experience?
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello wes, if you want to use the use the goggles during the flight, don't forget to install an HDMI module on your RC. And it is available for P3 Pro/Adv and P4.
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module
2016-5-3
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-3
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

I bought a cheap generic vr headset, modified it a little, slid my phone in, with the usb cable attached, and fly FPV with the dji app, works Awesome!!
Here's my video:

2016-5-3
Use props
craig816
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223114 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know why we can't buy the HDMI kit in the UK? And if the US kit will work on a UK P4? Thanks
2016-5-4
Use props
stevebealer
lvl.2
United States

Guys are you listening? You DONT NEED to buy the HDMI module!! Just go download FPV Camera (or similar) on the App Store and slide into a pair of $30 VR googles for your phone. SOOOOO Much cheaper and you get to use the native camera lightbridge signal. STOP buying these other headsets. Just not worth it.
2016-5-4
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey, I live in the uk, fitted HDMI port, updated firmware ( it commanded it soon as I fitted it ), bought the best flagship fatsharks ( HD ), and can honestly say WOW!. Do it!.
2016-5-4
Use props
craig816
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bennyboy1983 Posted at 2016-5-4 23:13
Hey, I live in the uk, fitted HDMI port, updated firmware ( it commanded it soon as I fitted it ), b ...

Thank you!
2016-5-5
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

stevebealer@gma Posted at 2016-5-4 22:33
Guys are you listening? You DONT NEED to buy the HDMI module!! Just go download FPV Camera (or simil ...

Hey bud, have you done that setup you are talking about? If so can you let me know what goggles and what app you have personally used. I am using iPad air 2 and the glare of the screen is killing me, and yes I have got the military grade anti glare film, and don't really want to buy the Hoodman or the Hat. I rather drape a towel over my head!!!!
I would be interested in trying the setup you are talking about.  I have an iPhone 6plus I could use. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply to my post so I get a reminder when you answer. Thanks
2016-5-5
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-6 02:07
Hey bud, have you done that setup you are talking about? If so can you let me know what goggles an ...

Ditto, I've been wanting to try this solution, but there are so many different versions of the 30$ goggles I'd like to deal with a set that someone has already tried and can recommend.
2016-5-6
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

cwhobbies Posted at 2016-5-3 17:49
I bought a cheap generic vr headset, modified it a little, slid my phone in, with the usb cable atta ...

How do you fly fpv with the DJI app and the Google cardboard style headset?  I thought to use those type goggle the screen on the phone had to be split in two, and that only the litchi app would do that?  
2016-5-6
Use props
cwhobbies
lvl.3

United States

kdcox Posted at 2016-5-6 11:39
How do you fly fpv with the DJI app and the Google cardboard style headset?  I thought to use those ...

I modified the headset, cut the plastic out that was down the middle, unscrewed the magnifiers, so i could see the whole screen. I also made it a little longer with cardboard, painted it black, looks stock.
Works real good!!
2016-5-6
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

Very happy flying with my FATSHARK HD2's! They were a bit of a PITA to set up since but once I got them dialled in with the diopter kit they are nice and clear...worth the money IMHO!
2016-5-6
Use props
stevebealer
lvl.2
United States

Hey guys. Yes i've flown a few times now with the setup I previously described. SOOOO much cheaper and better experience than  getting the HDMI Module and the fatshark googles!

Here are the googles I purchased on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/VR-Glasses ... _detailpage_o03_s00

Then i downloaded 'FPV Camera' from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ... i/id1017170829?mt=8

Simply start the drone and RC, start FPV Camera, slide the camera in the googles and boom. FPV. On the cheap!

Flying feels incredible and the range is amazing. No signal loss or fuzziness.
2016-5-6
Use props
stevebealer
lvl.2
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2016-5-6 15:07
Hey bud, have you done that setup you are talking about? If so can you let me know what goggles an ...

Rayrokni, I wouldnt suggest it had i not rocked it myself. See my reply on this thread.
2016-5-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4

stevebealer@gma Posted at 2016-5-7 14:45
Rayrokni, I wouldnt suggest it had i not rocked it myself. See my reply on this thread.

Thanks man, just ordered it, will let you know how it turns out.
2016-5-7
Use props
craig816
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks stevebealer,

I've ordered these and will try them with the FPV Camera app you suggested. Can't wait!

http://www.gearbest.com/virtual-reality/pp_275153.html

2016-5-8
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

craig816 Posted at 2016-5-9 15:31
Thanks stevebealer,

I've ordered these and will try them with the FPV Camera app you suggested. Can ...

Hi Craig ...

Can you post a review of these once you get up and running with them?

Thanks...
2016-5-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

stevebealer@gma Posted at 2016-5-7 14:45

Hey, using the Fpv camera app, do you get a split screen where both sides are identical or do you see the whole thing as one continuous screen
2016-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules