CHANNEL MOD
1892 13 2016-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnuscheuer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10820 ft
United States

Using the Galaxy A android system. Due to occasional interference it was suggested that I do a mod to extend my channels to 32. The only info I can find on the mod is for the P3. First, would it be the same for the P4 and second, is it advisable to do it? Interested in the feelings concerning this mod.
Thanks
2016-5-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I believe the P4 version of he go app uses 32 channels.  Check by going to the HD tab and set a manual channel, you should be able to scroll down to channel 32.
2016-5-2
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-5-2 15:55
I believe the P4 version of he go app uses 32 channels.  Check by going to the HD tab and set a manu ...

I double checked and from what I can see it only has channels 13-20
2016-5-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

johnuscheuer Posted at 2016-5-2 15:03
I double checked and from what I can see it only has channels 13-20

OK, I know I upgraded mine about 3 Go app versions ago so my iPad must be keeping the file I over wrote to get the 32 channels.  
2016-5-2
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-5-2 17:28
OK, I know I upgraded mine about 3 Go app versions ago so my iPad must be keeping the file I over  ...

Do you think it is worth doing it? My interference is minimal as it turns out. From what I remember seeing on Youtube there was another app that needed to be downloaded with it. I think it had something to do with reading the file but I didn't pay that much attention to it at the time. Hav eto go back and take another look. Thanks for getting back to me by the way.
2016-5-2
Use props
taz291819
lvl.1

United States

Just connect your phone to your computer, and copy the one file over.  That's all there is to it.  The other app was probably for doing it wirelessly, or put the file on a SD card.  (Something like ESFileExplorer or AirDroid).
2016-5-2
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2
United States

taz291819@gmail Posted at 2016-5-2 19:55
Just connect your phone to your computer, and copy the one file over.  That's all there is to it.  T ...

I have ES but what program is it I'm looking to move over and where do I move it to.
2016-5-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

johnuscheuer Posted at 2016-5-2 16:02
Do you think it is worth doing it? My interference is minimal as it turns out. From what I remembe ...

It was simple to do as I recall.  Connect iPad to my PC.  (must have itunes on it)  Scroll down to the Apps section, find the Go app and copy the file into the Go app root folder.  It asks to overwrite the existing file, answer YES and that's it.
2016-5-2
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-5-2 21:13
It was simple to do as I recall.  Connect iPad to my PC.  (must have itunes on it)  Scroll down to ...

Takes less than 5 minutes and it can be completed without even putting your beer down....
2016-5-2
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

The 32 channel mod may void you warranty, I could not get a straight answer from dji, they just told me its not advised. I wish I could do it for my p3p but am worried it will void my factory warranty and dji care.
2016-5-2
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-5-3 13:13
The 32 channel mod may void you warranty, I could not get a straight answer from dji, they just told ...

Yea, I could see where they could become a bit sticky about that. Thanks for your input. I think I'll hold off a bit since at the present time I'm not having a problem. I can't understand what the problem is not giving you all 32 channels to begin with.
2016-5-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would only consider it if it were sanctioned by DJI. The specs need to be strictly adhered to. I am not familiar with the Android format or your tablet. Have you or can you try "Airplane Mode"
2016-5-3
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Lightbridge uses radio channels which are within the ISM bands to transmit between the RC and the aircraft. The Phantom antennas communicate with the RC on 2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz. DJI initially implemented 32 channels within this band but later discovered that only 8 channels (13 -> 20) were legally available in various regions.

The other frequencies are in used by ham radio, satellite communication,  or are used by wireless carriers in various countries.  Those channels outside DJI 13 to 20 may not be legally usable for "public" communication. See this spreadsheet for specific channel usage:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WuKQD3FvbtFnJ6wkFu9DLxhdxHCSsnZPi90CwTGj3ks/htmlview?pli=1#gid=1477125990

Sploodge outlined a GO App hack to enable custom selection of the original 32 channels here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=27147&fromuid=44480. Please use at your own discretion!

Also understand that  the GO App automatic channel selection ONLY works within the 13 -> 20 channel range. In order to even use the channel hack, you must select CUSTOM channel and manually select the least interference channel. Thus in countries where CUSTOM channel select is prohibited, you must additionally bypass this prohibition to use the hack.

Thus, understand what you are doing and use at your own discretion.......

2016-5-3
Use props
johnuscheuer
lvl.2

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-3 22:10
DJI Lightbridge uses radio channels which are within the ISM bands to transmit between the RC and th ...

Thanks for that info. I've decided to leave well enough alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.!
!
2016-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules