Props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
omery10000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 576873 ft
Israel

What does the carbon fiber props bettet then the originals at?
2016-5-2
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Nothing, don't bother.
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

Carbon Fiber is stronger than the plastic.  Some have reported a few more MPH..  I replaced the plastic with Carbon Fiber and am happy.
2016-5-2
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-3 08:52
Carbon Fiber is stronger than the plastic.  Some have reported a few more MPH..  I replaced the plas ...

Changing props won't give any more speed.
Carbon props cost more, hard CF props cut skin better and shatter if they hit hard objects
Some people like the look better but they won't make the Phantom fly any better.
2016-5-2
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

I don't care for the carbon fiber props.
2016-5-2
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Never tried them. Can't see why. I've flown several dozen flights with the originals and still have the backups. I think most buy them for their looks.

Barney
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

We can all knock ourselves out on this one..  Here are a couple of reviews.. one personal, one with some "science" behind it..  YMMV..   :-)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1991794

http://www.dronethusiast.com/carbon-fiber-props-vs-plastic/

Everyone can google it pretty easily and draw your own conclusions...  Bottom line, if you're happy then go out and fly with whatever you've got.  :-)
2016-5-2
Use props
dieselwind
lvl.2

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-2 17:58
Changing props won't give any more speed.
Carbon props cost more, hard CF props cut skin better an ...

I agree.  The only way to change speed with props, they would have to be different (like a wider chord width or grater angle of incidence).  I've heard that the "carbon fiber" props just have a little carbon reenforcement,.  
2016-5-2
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-3 10:32
We can all knock ourselves out on this one..  Here are a couple of reviews.. one personal, one with  ...

Neither of those reviews is for a DJI Phantom and both are rather generic.
The Phantom propulsion system has been designed with matched motors, ESCs and props.
You are unlikely to make improvements by simply swapping for some off the shelf aftermarket components.
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-2 20:58
Neither of those reviews is for a DJI Phantom and both are rather generic.
The Phantom propulsion  ...

Well, I'm assuming that since the CF props are manufactured and sold by DJI and specified for the P3A and P3P that they have some reason in mind, unless you assume they're doing this just to try and grab some extra cash from folks. I'm thinking they believe there's a purpose or they wouldn't recommend them.  Again though if you are happy with what you have, by all means fly with that and I'll do likewise. Have a great day.
2016-5-2
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-5-3 14:06
Well, I'm assuming that since the CF props are manufactured and sold by DJI and specified for the P ...

People get confused by the hard black carbon fibre props and the CF reinforced props that DJI sell.
But testing has shown that the DJI CF reinforced props make no difference to performance or flight times.
The idea that it is just to satisfy market demand for anything carbon fibre and make a few dollars is as good an explanation as any.
If the CF reinforced props were any better (which no-one has been able to prove) DJI would use them as standard issue.
2016-5-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-3 13:06
People get confused by the hard black carbon fibre props and the CF reinforced props that DJI sell ...

Fair enough and for the record I am using the DJI branded ones.  I've seen you comment in almost every discussion about these, even been challenged for your evidence on your position.. Everything in terms of flight is based on our own reactions to our flying (everyone's touch is going to be different, etc.)..  I am in the camp  that found that with the DJI branded CF reinforced props, that my P3P is more responsive to stick commands (which seems to be a theme among those that like them).. Perhaps the stiffness, whatever..  It is my sense, so can only be my opinion...  

With that though there is one question..  Have you ever flown with both sets of props for your own comparison.  I have..  If not, then you are only basing your opinion solely on the opinion of some others, which you can certainly do, and to be fair, there are some DJI folks on the forum that have differing views themselves which is why I feel that in the end, you have to try both and decide for yourself..  Then you're in a position to say "in my case" it either did or didn't make a difference.  We may just have to agree to disagree..  Safe flying..
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules