2nd p4 going back to apple
1886 19 2016-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andynewson01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62100 ft
United Kingdom

I have waited all weekend for replacement phantom 4 as returned mine to apple last week for noise from gimbal and obstacle system failed,  emailed dji customer services and was told to contact European dji customer services I thought this is not good enough £1300 pounds is a lot of money,  so today it turned up on time I was made up BUT OMG outside box had a blank label over a shipping label ok I thought not a problem BUT ? What's inside  box sealed, open up NO WAY No lock sticker on polystyrene case inside phantom 4 with out any protector stickers on anything nothing on the Lense nothing on senses, charged batteries one firmware update and yep gimbal the SAME GUTTED. On phone to apple for 28 minutes  must say again customer services first class again lovely lady who totally understand where I was coming from so I will have a pick up tomorrow then wait for Number 3 this will be last one for me DJI I hope you read this because this is not good enough from you where is quality control and maybe some kind of compensation for loss of earnings waiting for pick up and delivery this is your last chance to get it right, very unhappy mr andy newson

2016-5-3
Use props
waynekerryattew
lvl.4

I went through 4 and I gave up
2016-5-3
Use props
d_pham305
New

United States

at least you got a response.
2016-5-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Hi Andy! Sorry for your experience! We will keep improving both our products and customer service. Hopefully you will be satisfied with your new Phantom 4. Thank you!
2016-5-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agreed with you until the compensation part.. Everything in life can cause issues, be glad that yours is just a toy that was not perfect, others have real problems to think about.

I have three of these little suckers and all work.. I have noticed though that there does seem to be a slight difference in packaging..
The one with the marks for the landing gear marks for gimbal guard seem NOT to come with any protective stickers on the sensors/lens. the one that does not have these grooves does. That's my observation from the three I have.

Maybe its two different factories making them?
2016-5-3
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-4 14:18
I agreed with you until the compensation part.. Everything in life can cause issues, be glad that yo ...

That's rather odd, my sole P4 has the marks on the landing skids for the gimbal guard and it came direct from the DJI store with stickers over the OAS sensors. I'm betting that they all leave the DJI factory as such but they have to travel and pass through many hands before reaching the end user. I wonder how many of these units are opened by custom officials or vendors before they end up in the our hands. Every bird I have bought direct from DJI has been all sealed up with all the little stickers etc however I did buy one through a vendor and it was not sealed when I received it, I often wonder if it was sitting out on display or just taken out by curious employees before it was sold to me.
2016-5-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-4 07:18
I agreed with you until the compensation part.. Everything in life can cause issues, be glad that yo ...

And that was my experience, my P4 has the marks for landing gear and had no stickers at all. Not flown much yet (about 20 minutes or so in last week) but basic functional testing, gimbal, camera, sensors all appear to be working as expected. An almost impossible to hear tick from the gimbal when moved vertically up and down (slight movement on the ribbon cable). So one happy Bunny here

Is it probable that these are made in different locations ?
2016-5-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maybe its hit and miss with the stickers over the sensors and camera lens. DJI have come far since the early days and maybe need to tighten up on the QA process to make sure everyone gets the exact same experience when opening the box ( like you do with many top end products these days ). The landing gear marks/no-marks is a strange on and I don't understand how it passed QA..

Either way.. Things are much better than before..
2016-5-4
Use props
andynewson01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-4 04:52
Hi Andy! Sorry for your experience! We will keep improving both our products and customer service. H ...

God i hope so otherwise will be money back and a change of drone. I love the phantom range just want one to be perfect
2016-5-4
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I got my P4 from Apple, still on the first one, 2 months old, Zero problems so far.

I fly nearly every day, mainly in WP on Litchi.

I think I must be really lucky.

Anyway just putting this up there so you don't give up hope.
2016-5-4
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-4 01:18

Got mine on first day of release at local Houston Apple Store. My P4 had all the lens/sensor stickers and it has grooves on the landing gear for lining up the gimbal cover.  One sensor sticker fell off as soon as I touched it - so they are not attached very securely.  The only sticker that took some effort to remove was the clear plastic one covering a nickel-sized gray metal part of the gimbal. No problems with mine so far with over 600,000 feet flown.
2016-5-4
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-4 11:52
Hi Andy! Sorry for your experience! We will keep improving both our products and customer service. H ...

you mean his 3rd new phantom 4
2016-5-4
Use props
andynewson01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

malvern Posted at 2016-5-4 22:57
I got my P4 from Apple, still on the first one, 2 months old, Zero problems so far.

I fly nearly ev ...

Thanks for that mate i have taken another day off work tomorrow to wait for no 3 cant wait i do love phantoms i hope this one is good
2016-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

andynewson01 Posted at 2016-5-5 22:44
Thanks for that mate i have taken another day off work tomorrow to wait for no 3 cant wait i do lo ...

Fingers crossed Andy. I got , what so far has been a good one about 10 days ago from Maplins, slight ticking on the gimbal vertical , doesn't affect operation of gimbal. Still to prove 100% but 30-40 minutes flying (I know!!!) shows all looking good.

No stickers on any of sensors or camera, but sealed boxes all the way from Hong Kong.

p.s sticker on gimbal.

2016-5-5
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

andynewson01 Posted at 2016-5-5 22:44
Thanks for that mate i have taken another day off work tomorrow to wait for no 3 cant wait i do lo ...

I hope you finally get one you are happy with. I had a similar experience with the initial appearance of the packaging, and like Aardvark (who made feel a little more at ease with it all in another thread), I had no stickers on the poly case, nor on any of the sensors.

Not fully tested yet, but atm it all appears to be brand new and fully functioning. There is a slight squeak on start up of the gimbal, but nothing else.
2016-5-5
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Whats with the sticker on the Gimbal ???    "

I've no idea to be honest, I did see somewhere that it may have been to do with QA, i.e. sticker means gimbal checked ?
2016-5-5
Use props
andynewson01
lvl.1
United Kingdom

wrathofkhan Posted at 2016-5-6 00:45
I am on my second, yesterday and all firmware fully up to date, it was a new one with seals over t ...

Not sure my new one arrived today guess what gimbal really bad took the battery out you can see all the marks that you get when you keep removing batteries scratches all around micro usb port definitely 2nd hand not new Apple have been so good but can not believe it neither, I just want a new one that is new and work that's not asking to much is it
2016-5-6
Use props
jameswarden
lvl.2

United Kingdom

andynewson01 Posted at 2016-5-6 17:21
Not sure my new one arrived today guess what gimbal really bad took the battery out you can see al ...

How are you getting on Andy? Any luck on the new drone front? I'm finally getting my replacement tomorrow, a little apprehensive for what is in store!
2016-5-18
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

I'm on the 11th P4 I think. The new one has software issues.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules