1873 19 2016-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I know there must be more than just one person flying Phantoms in a county as big as Northumberland.

It would be great to meet up with fellow pilots periodically and share tips and videos, and visit the various locations around the county.

Consider the beaches, hills, places like Kielder, and the castles ... oh the castles - we got big castles, little castles, ruined castles, complete castles, coastal castles, inland castles, even castles on islands.  We have towns that still have their city walls, a 2,000 year old frontier wall and reconstructed Roman forts.

Shout out here if you like the idea of meeting up and doing some group flying and filming.

Geezer

2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, here is the information of city group. Hope you can meet more friends  :http://forum.dji.com/thread-39714-1-1.html
2016-5-5
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks Paladin, but the thread is not searchable ... by city, county, state, or even by country ... which makes it kind of impracticable to use now it's got so many posts.

But thanks for the thought.

Geezer
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Also search various forums in your country and you may find something. Just Google drone, Phantom, Inspire, (key words like that) and your town and you may come up with others near you.
2016-5-6
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Northumberland here too geezer
2016-5-8
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.2

Hi Old Geezer. I live in Sunderland. I am new to this forum and as yet do not own a drone. I am however Drone ;-)) to the P4 would really appreciate if your out flying anytime to meet and possibly get some hints/tips on flying as I am totally new to this.

Mick
2016-9-15
Use props
KensPhantom4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

We starting a club in Shropshire check us out or get in touch UKphantomclub.webs.com
2016-9-21
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi guys, sorry I've not checked back for a bit ... good to see a couple of locals checking in.

As the nights draw in and the weather deteriorates, it's a good chance to get some online dialogue going with a view to getting some joint flying days rolling.

Ken - Shropshire is a fair hike from Northumberland (roughly 300 miles by road), I appreciate what you're trying to do with the website, but up here in No Man's Land we need something a bit more local.  Good luck with your club, that's a nice area down there for flying.
2016-9-27
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-9-28 02:34
Hi guys, sorry I've not checked back for a bit ... good to see a couple of locals checking in.

As t ...

county durham :-)
2016-10-5
Use props
Kwaka Pants
lvl.2

Going up that way myself in the morning, off trail riding on my bike with my P3 from hamsterley up to hadrians wall, hope to get a bit of footage if it's not too windy.
2016-10-5
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.2

Hi Geezer Im shouting but no reply as of yet
2016-10-22
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mickyo Posted at 2016-10-22 21:27
Hi Geezer Im shouting but no reply as of yet

Apologies Mickyo - I've been away from the forums for a bit.

Hi to you, where do you hail from?
2016-11-17
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-11-18 05:37
Apologies Mickyo - I've been away from the forums for a bit.

Hi to you, where do you hail from?

hi there I live in seaburn just outside of sunderland just along from souter lighthouse.
I've been looking around to see if I can see the very Elusive Drone Flyers around these neck of the woods, but alas to no avail
i'm looking to eventually buy a either a phantom or a mavic. I suppose the winter gives me a bit of breathing space with the bad weather coming. The mavic has been having its problems problems but this new phantom 4 pro looks the business. Ive got plenty to think about just now.
Oh I forgot to mention just to give me a bit of practice bougth a couple of cheap drones  a "Husban X4" and a Syma XC5 great fun indoors
2016-11-18
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

Mickyo Posted at 2016-11-18 17:03
hi there I live in seaburn just outside of sunderland just along from souter lighthouse.
I've been  ...

By the time you have decided phantom 5 will be out and soon be trodden on by the phantom 5 pro..........

I have a phantom 4, 3 months old well looked after, nd filters charger dock, 3 batteries....£850 if your interested, quality p4 to get started with at a great price, im getting out because i dont want to be outdated every 4 - 5 months
2016-11-18
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-11-18 17:16
By the time you have decided phantom 5 will be out and soon be trodden on by the phantom 5 pro.... ...

Hi Mike thanks for the offer but with winter being on its way I feel that anything that I buy will for the most be sitting in its box. So with that in mind think Ill hang on and maybe get the latest P4 Pro or you never know even a 5
Thanks again for the offer though
2016-11-18
Use props
fans878e4786
New

United Kingdom

I'm in Durham, got a phantom 3
2016-11-18
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans878e4786 Posted at 2016-11-18 19:49
I'm in Durham, got a phantom 3

Hi fans878e4786,
where in Durham are you from? Most importantly where do you fly your bird
2016-11-18
Use props
fans878e4786
New

United Kingdom

Wingate, I take it all over, seafront, up herrington park, had some interference issues up there though
2016-11-22
Use props
Mickyo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans878e4786 Posted at 2016-11-22 23:01
Wingate, I take it all over, seafront, up herrington park, had some interference issues up there tho ...

Next time your out if you want some company give me a shout. Do you know Ive never seen a phantom flying. It would be great to see
2016-11-24
Use props
fans878e4786
New

United Kingdom

Yeah will do
2016-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules