Phantom 3 Standard - Extremely short/weak signal issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craigholloway82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166467 ft
United Kingdom

Got my DJI a couple of days ago and it asked me to do an update within a couple of days. Since then will only let me go 30 meters up and 40 meters across before it automatically returns to home. Still have video feed- keeps coming up weak signal feed/signal lost. Tried IMU calibration, compass calibration, relinked the remote and still get full signal with the camera bar but no range signal on the app. Also tried flying with no app and no phone connected and still the same issues. Seems like it goes only a little further than beginner mode- any ideas as DJI chat/email have been no help? Any information/ideas I could try would be much appreciated. Thanks
PS- once landed and motors have stopped, turned my back and it restarted and flipped over onto the blades? Its like its posessed!
Craig
2016-5-6
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Brother in law bought a standard and had the same issue. The fix? tilt the phone holder to the left so the phone is beside the controller, not in the center. Give it a try.
2016-5-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Crag, it is recommended to adjust the antenna during the flight. Here is a video of RC practice:

If the drone keeps triggering RTH with a short distance in different environment, it is recommended to contact our service center in North America for diagnosis. Here is the information:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789  
Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST)
2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-9 05:17
Hello Crag, it is recommended to adjust the antenna during the flight. Here is a video of RC practic ...

Ok but how come iam only geting H25m and not the full 500??
2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is the anyway I can do the firmware again
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-9 12:36
Ok but how come iam only geting H25m and not the full 500??

The RC and antenna position is very important.
2016-5-8
Use props
Crofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

If you watch this video about the ARGtek mod, he states that BlueProton (company that makes the ARGtek mod) P3S range vary a lot between drones, so it seem there is a issue with the antennas on the Standard

I got mine out just over 400m (in Australia which is lower powered CE mode), without and mods.

2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NEW UPDATE 2DAY APP 2.8.0
VERSION 1.6.80
FIX I HOPE LOL
2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced